NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-30-2006, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Default SGC Service Issues

Posted By: Kyle

Has anyone had any problems with SGC lately? I sent them two cards to be graded at their 10 day service about 10 days ago. The cards arrived last week (Tuesday), and my credit card was immediately charged for the services to be rendered. But the cards still have not appeared on my submission status query. I have not called them, as I'm trying to be patient and waiting for the sub to pop online, but has anyone else had problems?

Kind Regards,
Kyle

Old 01-30-2006, 09:00 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh K.

Kyle,

I use sgc all the time, so here is my input (for what its worth):

I have found that sgc rarely enters your submission on the website in a timely manner - however, this does not mean that it is not being worked on or that it will be returned in an untimely manner. Just the opposite - my cards have always been shipped within a day or two of the service tier selected (most are exactly on time, Ive had a few shipped early and one or two submissions that were a few days late b/c the office was closed to go to shows).

The 10 day service is ten working days, so if the cards were rec'd last tuesday 10 days would be next tuesday (feb. 7).

Old 01-30-2006, 09:17 AM
Administrator

I've used SGC multiple times (total of 10) and have always found that once they receive the cards, they enter it online. No worries, I'm sure they'll pop up sometime soon this week.

I too have had some done early, and some also a day late (due to Christmas)

Thanks!
-Kyle-

Old 01-30-2006, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Posted By: s falletti

SGC is like clockwork. At least with the 20 or so subs I've sent in -always on time.

Current sub(three cards);
Sent; 1/12
Entered in SGC DB; 1/18
Proj ship date; 2/3

Old 01-30-2006, 10:04 AM
Administrator

Posted By: JimB

Their website sucks. I have never been able to check the pop report or login to check a submission status. I don't understand why I would have to login to check an invoice. Why not just plug in the number and get the status. Anyway, I suggest you just call them. On the phone they are very helpful. Hopefully one day they will have a functional website.
JimB

Old 01-30-2006, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

The only gripe I have with SGC is their website. There is no excuse in this day and age for a web designer to create a site specifically for IE and fewer excuses for a business to want a site that limits access. It may be the most popular browser, but savvy users know that IE is rife with problems and security issues and use a mozilla browser (Netscape or Firefox) or some other browser.

I have the same problem as many others, I am unable to access my invoices or the pop report because their site does not support anything other than IE.

Hopefully someone at SGC is reading this and will take note that site truely sucks and needs to redone again. My first suggestion would be to get rid of the idiots that created the lastest version and hire someone that create a site that friendly to all browsers.

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Old 01-30-2006, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay Miller

Great people and great service. I think 10 days means 10 business days not 10 calendar days.

Old 01-30-2006, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Just as a follow up - I recently sent in about 20 cards. They were rec'd on January 20. Today, for the first time, the submissions showed up in their online tracking report.

As for their website pop reports and submission tracking, I agree - needs some work (my understanding was that it was being addressed though I dont remember where I heard that). I can only check my submissions from work. Doesnt work from home (either on mozilla or IE).

Old 01-30-2006, 11:16 AM
Administrator

Posted By: joe

I always thought it was me with the WEBSITE, glad to hear others have problems, slow, difficult to search card types, good service with grading cards, but definitely need a big upgrade for their WEBSITE.

Joe

Old 01-30-2006, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Anson

Company=good, website=bad. I've found SGCs service to be top notch and superior to other companies.

Old 01-30-2006, 11:56 AM
Administrator

My submission is showing up now too.... received 1/23, estimated ship date 2/8 for 2 cards, 10 day service. I wonder if they had layoffs? I've also had fairly poor customer service on the phone. The guys I've spoken to don't answer the phone like they have any customer service experience.

-Kyle-

Old 01-30-2006, 12:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Holstein

I have been very pleased with the customer service at SGC. The individuals who answer the telephone are always helpful.

More importantly, they do a great job grading my submissions.

While the website could use further improvements, it is much better than it was a year or so ago.

Other companies may have fancier websites and publications, but SGC offers a great service and incredible customer service, IMO.

Paul

Old 01-30-2006, 12:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Sean Skeffington

As a daily reader of this board, I am usually hesitant to make a post. However this thread has grabbed my attention. Many of you have expressed your frustation concerning the SGC website, specifically the Population Report and Submission Status check. I totally agree that both the Pop report and status check are for lack of a better term, a disaster. I share your frustration because I realize the lack of functionality reflects poorly on SGC as a company. The good news is that we are in the process of having the Pop report and status check completely re-vamped. In fact, I will be receiving a live demo of the system tomorrow. We have worked long and hard on these issues and hopefully the new system will be ready to go live in the very near future. I cannot give a specific date at this time. With that, I ask for your patience to be slightly extended as we await the changes to be completed. Also, besides the Pop report and status check I believe the website, in general, is fine.

On a side note, if anyone here has any issues with our Customer Service department, please feel free to contact me so we can resolve your problem(s)
I can be reached at 800-742-9212 or sskeffington@sgccard.com

Thank you for your time,

Sean Skeffington
VP Operations-SGC

Old 01-30-2006, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

This is exactly what sets SGC appart from the other companies.

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Old 01-30-2006, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Agreed - and for what its worth, I will echo the comments of several others - my experience with sgc's customer service has always been positive.

Sean - thanks for taking the time to respond. I also think the remainder of the website is fine.

Old 01-30-2006, 01:09 PM
Administrator

I'm impressed by Sean's post. I prefer SGC over any other grading company and when grading any item, whether for collection or reselling, I always consider them first. I will be looking forward to the new pop report, hopefully it will function correctly for us MAC users.

-Kyle-

Old 01-31-2006, 12:51 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

Once again SGC shows why I will only deal with them, not perfect but straight forward and honest.

Even if another company would command a better price, I feel they do a better overall job and would rather support SGC than another company for the possible extra money.

Lee

Lee

Old 01-31-2006, 02:33 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

Try to get a honest straightforward response like that out of Joe Orlando!

I used to have trouble with the SGC site but I think it had something to do with my cookies. Now it works fine. My 10 card sub was also finished 3 days ahead which seems to be the norm for my subs.

Kudos Sean, once again!

Old 01-31-2006, 04:47 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Thanks Sean....it takes a little bit of !@#$ to post on this site. Most of us don't bite though. best regards

Old 01-31-2006, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: steve f

Hey Sean, Put the mouse down and get my cards slabbed, jees.