NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-21-2017, 09:58 PM
Mark Macrae

Default San Francisco Bay Area Collectors Show Nov 25

The 33rd Annual Sports Collectors show will be held this Saturday November 25 at St Leanders Church (Ryan O'Connell Hall) located at 575 West Estudillo in San Leandro. The show features 75 tables (SOLD OUT) covering more than a century of sports items (Cards, Memorabilia, New & Old, Graded & Raw, Several sports). Show hours are 9 AM - 3PM... Admission is $4 (Print this notice for $1 off a single admission) .... No celebrity signings or grading services will be present.....DIRECTIONS DRIVING BY CAR.. Interstate 880 to Davis Street .Exit EAST on Davis.Stay on Davis for approximately 1 mile to Carpentier (1 Block past San Leandro Blvd). Turn right on Carpentier .Stay on Carpentier for 1 block to West Estudillo.Turn right on West Estudillo. One half block on West Estudillo.Turn left into parking lot. 575 West Estudillo is the address.......... TAKE BART (Fremont or Dublin/Pleasanton train) to the San Leandro station. The hall is located directly across the street from the SAN LEANDRO BART station. Need more info...Email me at mark_macrae@comcast.net
Old 11-22-2017, 04:12 PM

Default St. Leander's Show

This show should be called the West Coast National. Everything is vintage. Dealers are knowledgeable and seasoned collectors roam the hall finding museum quality items and rare treasures. If you want to relive the past and turn back the time machine, come to the show.
Say hi to Condo and Mike Mays.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:28 PM
Marvellous Mark

I have never come away from this show without a load of cards/memorabilia that I was completely surprised to stumble upon. Add that to the fact that you can chat with Mark Macrae until you are hoarse. If you are within two hours driving or flying, you gotta go!
Old 11-23-2017, 12:35 AM
D/e/@/n H/@/c/k/e/t/t

Finally getting to make the show this time around. Going with a fellow board member and looking forward to it.
Old 11-23-2017, 01:22 AM
Mike Mattsey

My son and I will be there.
Old 11-24-2017, 01:21 PM
Jim H

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanH3 View Post
Finally getting to make the show this time around. Going with a fellow board member and looking forward to it.
Will be attending my first St. Leander’s show. Thanks Dean for taking a Saturday off from work and drive!
Old 11-24-2017, 03:43 PM
Mark Macrae

Look forward to seeing so many Sacramento collectors driving down...... Dean,Mark,Jim,Mike & Otis..Enjoy the 90 minute drive to the show, but prepare for the usual gridlock going home in the afternoon.....Hopefully a vintage find at the show will make it worth the effort.... Some nice walkins are expected...... See you in the morning
Old 11-25-2017, 05:06 PM
Jim H

Enjoyed the vintage at this show! Dean, thanks for driving, Mark, thanks for your education that you offer. You should charge $$ and conduct a forum.
Old 11-25-2017, 07:07 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Another great show, Mark. As the kids say, you da man!!!

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 11-25-2017, 07:58 PM
D/e/@/n H/@/c/k/e/t/t

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtigers65 View Post
Enjoyed the vintage at this show! Dean, thanks for driving, Mark, thanks for your education that you offer. You should charge $$ and conduct a forum.
No problem Jim! Even though I did not go home with a big score, I still had a blast. Thanks again for lunch.
Old 11-25-2017, 08:56 PM
Gary McNabb

Default Someday....

Someday I'll come to this show........Mark, lunch will be on me !!!!
Old 11-26-2017, 10:42 AM
Mark Macrae

Nice to see everyone yesterday enjoying not only a 68 degree day, but a full house from all over the state and Western Nevada.... Good to visit briefly with Mike and Otis working on the '69 Topps set (and hope to find a beater Gehrig with nice eye appeal to finish off '34).... Dean , sorry you struck out, but it was probably good running into your ol buddy at my table.... Jim...I still think that Christmas card was among the best finds at the show...now you'll have to start looking for others !!...I bought a few boxes of stuff, including some PCL scorecards for the collection.... Look forward to seeing everybody again at the next show in June.....
Old 11-26-2017, 06:59 PM

Default St. Leander's Show

Picked up Hank Luisetti original oil painting and cabinetvphotis of my Saint Ignatius high school from Sal, 1958 Giants bank and oversized 49ers patch from Al, Stanford Glass and Cal mug from KD and Cal.Bear letterman patch from Bartski. Try finding these treasures in Auction or at National. Not happening. Whose house?
Mark's house!
Old 11-26-2017, 07:29 PM
David McDonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by pologrounds View Post
Picked up Hank Luisetti original oil painting and cabinetvphotis of my Saint Ignatius high school from Sal, 1958 Giants bank and oversized 49ers patch from Al, Stanford Glass and Cal mug from KD and Cal.Bear letterman patch from Bartski. Try finding these treasures in Auction or at National. Not happening. Whose house?
Mark's house!
My Dad graduated from SI in 1938 when it was still over by USF. Are your photos of the school from the Stanyan Street era? Would love to see them.
I scored this aerial view several years ago. The HS is next to the athletic field off to the left of the cathedral. The fact that the GG Bridge is still under construction dates the photo to the timeframe 1933-1937. Apparently parking wasn't quite as bad back then.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg St Ignatius HS.jpg (80.2 KB, 134 views)
Old 11-26-2017, 08:44 PM
Mike Mattsey

Whoever called this the West Coast National was on point. Great show as always. I was the guy in the Pelicans jersey gobbling up the 69 Topps from several dealers. Can't wait for the next show!
Old 11-27-2017, 01:55 AM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawika View Post
My Dad graduated from SI in 1938 when it was still over by USF. Are your photos of the school from the Stanyan Street era? Would love to see them.
I scored this aerial view several years ago. The HS is next to the athletic field off to the left of the cathedral. The fact that the GG Bridge is still under construction dates the photo to the timeframe 1933-1937. Apparently parking wasn't quite as bad back then.
Sweet picture. I can see my place, toward the center bottom. Aside from the Presidio at the top left, not too much of that space is open anymore. The athletic fields still there though, now USF’s soccer field.

Will have to get back out to one of the N CA card shows sometime soon, hopefully meet some more board members.
Old 11-27-2017, 03:13 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Mattsey, I think I was next to you at Mark's table while we were both looking at 1969's. You passed a pile over to me?

What was bizarre about this show was the number of tables (3 or 4) that had multiples of the infamous Christmas rack packs (in perfect shape) 'proudly' displayed among their vintage cards. I don't recall anyone having them at other shows, so my first thought was that someone out there is mass producing these suckers.

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Old 11-27-2017, 06:27 PM
Mark Macrae

Darren...Let me know which tables were displaying those "Christmas Packs". I did not see them out and can talk with the tableholders...There were some questionable cards from the 50's shopped to a few of the dealers, and its possible that these were walked in with the same seller.....
Old 11-27-2017, 06:46 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaks1912 View Post
Darren...Let me know which tables were displaying those "Christmas Packs". I did not see them out and can talk with the tableholders...There were some questionable cards from the 50's shopped to a few of the dealers, and its possible that these were walked in with the same seller.....
Mark, the two tables that definitely had them were the last ones in the back left corner. In other words, if you envision a rectangle (with the entrance being in the bottom middle and the kitchen being in the top middle), the two tables with them formed the upper lefthand corner. The other(s) that had them were less memorable/specific.

Casey Stengel

Old 11-27-2017, 06:59 PM
Mark Macrae

Thanks Darren...I'll talk with that tableholder
Old 11-27-2017, 07:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
What was bizarre about this show was the number of tables (3 or 4) that had multiples of the infamous Christmas rack packs (in perfect shape) 'proudly' displayed among their vintage cards. I don't recall anyone having them at other shows, so my first thought was that someone out there is mass producing these suckers.
at the Moeller show in Cincinnati on Friday, a dealer had about 20 in a display case, all looking shiny and new. Many different years of cards from the 50s and 60s were represented.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:51 PM
Mike Mattsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Mattsey, I think I was next to you at Mark's table while we were both looking at 1969's. You passed a pile over to me?.
That was me, Darren.