NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 09-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Kevin

Default anyone every purchase from this company?

I saw a few Gehrig and Ruth items that I may be interested in, but I'm curious to know if anyone here has ever purchased from them.

http://www.aasportscollectibles.com/vintage/

Thanks for any feedback.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:25 PM
William Peebles

Everything that I punched up on that link looks horrible. Coach's corner factory outlet perhaps?
Old 09-26-2009, 03:33 AM

-

Last edited by Vintagedegu; 08-21-2014 at 02:32 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:00 AM
Scott

I punched a few items up, incl One Jackie Robinson ball. Looks like garbage to me, and likely is either a CC Factory outlet, or the folks supplying CC with their garbage. JMO of course on this, Im sure many others will chime in too.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:19 AM
Kevin

When you say "junk" or "garbage" do you mean fake? Also I'm not familiar with coaches corner. What can you tell me about them.

Thanks
Old 09-26-2009, 10:25 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

There has been so much written about them... but fake/bogus autographs is all you need to know.

As for the seller in question here... none of them are real. Avoid both of these outfits like the plague.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:00 PM

Every "autograph" I looked at was a forgery.

(And a poor one at that.)
Old 09-26-2009, 06:50 PM
Scott

Semi related:

I was at Borders today, and saw a cool publication about Mantle and some of his rare memorabilia. Its in the mag section where the Beckett was. Anyways, theres a full page advertiser saying he uses only FDS people, and doewnt like "opinions". yet he has SEVERAL ITEMS by STAT (one of Coach's crooks) Taylor and the other guy. Pathetic. If you guys get to find the pub, check it out. I forget name, but its a magazine all bout Mantle and his memorabilia.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:51 PM
Scott

Kevlar, Coaches Corner has notorious forgeries and rare "autographed" items. Check out the crapola

www.myccsa.com
Old 09-26-2009, 10:31 PM
Kevin

Sounds like I should look elsewhere.Any suggestions on non auction sites to find vintage autographs and what should I expect to pay for a Gehrig cut signature?
Old 09-27-2009, 08:05 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default dunno

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar7 View Post
Sounds like I should look elsewhere.Any suggestions on non auction sites to find vintage autographs and what should I expect to pay for a Gehrig cut signature?
I don't know about non-auctions sites selling those auto's but I am sure there are some out there. There are no less than 15-25 bigger auction houses (and ebay) that sell autographs and almost every one, if not every one of the ones at legit auction houses, will have a good COA/LOA with them. Certs aren't foolproof but if you stay with PSA/DNA or Spence you will be at least safer than without....Stay very far away from Coaches Corner. If you see something you like you can post it here and get a pretty darn good idea if it's real or not. Good luck in the hunt. regards