NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > CardTarget.com > Cardtarget.com - General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 06:23 PM
FredYoung

Default "Watch" count

Just realized something--Right on the front page, under High Bidder it says:

This auction is being watched by 0 users

Isn't this info something that should be private to the Seller? (it is private on EBay) It does little to encourage a bid if the prospective buyer knows no one has it on their Watch List!

Last edited by GoldenAge50s; 01-26-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:31 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default good question

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenAge50s View Post
Just realized something--Right on the front page, under High Bidder it says:

This auction is being watched by 0 users

Isn't this info something that should be private to the Seller? (it is private on EBay) It does little to encourage a bid if the prospective buyer knows no one has it on their Watch List!
Fred- good question. Matt and I will take this into consideration. At the same time I NEVER watch ebay listings but I have sniped over 500 times in the last year. Not one of those snipes showed up as an auction being watched. I won over 200 of those auctions and most had many, many snipes going into the final seconds, with far fewer watchers. Personally I never use the "watch" function but I am sure others do, so we will discuss it...Thanks for the feedback.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:48 PM
FredYoung

Just to be clear:

Not to be confused w/ "Item Viewed" at the top left page of listing, which I believe can be hidden or left open in an EBay auction.

Personally, I believe the more times your auction has been looked at is a plus for Sellers, but to have public that your item has no watchers can be a negative to Sellers.

Granted, having plenty of Views could just mean people are curious of your listing maybe for it's rarity only and the same goes if you have alot of Watchers, but having NO watchers certainly doesn't motivate one to hurry up & BIN before it's gone!