NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 03-17-2017, 05:12 PM

Default Tom brady super bowl notes

I don't know how to post pics up but I have Tom Brady super bowl 39 sideline notes. Trying to get authenticated now. I bought 12 years ago with don't laugh with a Terrell Owens jockstrap from super bowl. Just thought it was coaches handwriting turns out it's Brady's. it's def in rough shape has Gatorade stains on it. But out of the 65 plays only a few are stained just think it adds to the value. I've been collecting for 35 years but have no idea of value any ideas from u guys would be greatly appreciated. Also value without auto and if I was to get auto for his obscene costs.
Old 03-17-2017, 05:31 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briggsd719 View Post
I bought 12 years ago with don't laugh with a Terrell Owens jockstrap from super bowl.
Not sure on the rest but...

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 03-17-2017, 06:40 PM

Here it is. Jock is in attic.

Last edited by Briggsd719; 03-20-2017 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Fear of. Opy
Old 03-17-2017, 06:42 PM

Here is close up of some of the letters

Last edited by Briggsd719; 03-20-2017 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:50 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Sorry, I trust you on the notes. I just found it completely impossible to not laugh about the jock strap.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:02 AM

Understood Trust me I laugh at myself and my friends think it's hysterical as well. I will get from attic and post pic as well just to show. We can all have a good laugh.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:00 PM
Damian Grammont

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2017, 06:55 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

On Ebay now for $25,000 BIN
Old 05-24-2017, 07:52 PM

What a shock...
I'll break into the piggy bank tomorrow morning..
Old 05-24-2017, 11:06 PM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaz01 View Post
On Ebay now for $25,000 BIN

On GUU he said someone on eBay told him it could be worth 20k plus. Lol

I don't care if it's tom Brady's writing, it's still just a piece of paper. For less then $3000 you could buy a football used by Brady in a Super Bowl.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:05 PM
James Head

So....Tom was writing notes on sidelines with a pen an a paper? ...during the Super Bowl.....and spilled Gatorade on them while he was busy writing.....seems legit....
Old 05-25-2017, 07:42 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Never say never, because I know of a collector who won at auction Alex Rodriguez' autographed jock strap.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head928 View Post
So....Tom was writing notes on sidelines with a pen an a paper? ...during the Super Bowl.....and spilled Gatorade on them while he was busy writing.....seems legit....
Just want to let you know that the sheet was Brady writing down each play down and distance and protection used on every play in super bowl except for the kneel down. Came back as jsa authentic to entire sheet being penned by Tom Brady. Going to Goldin live auction from convention on July 27. I'll keep you guys informed. I honestly came on the site for help hoping somebody had seen something like this.

Last edited by Briggsd719; 06-14-2017 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Fixing spelling
Old 06-15-2017, 05:53 PM
Tim C

Congrats on getting this authenticated. I was waiting to ask this question unti you either sold it or had it authenticated. If these are notes writing down each play and the protection used in the super bowl, why would Tom Brady be writing these? wasn’t he busy enough playing the game to remember to write all of this down?

I am not trying to take away the coolness of the item, I am truly puzzled by the circumstances of Brady having the time to write these notes while playing the game. Is this normal occurrences for the starting QB to write notes on every play?
Old 06-15-2017, 06:41 PM

I honestly thought the same thing when I bought thought there was a one in a million chance could be his but just thought it was cool. When I found out what I had I watched the super bowl like 10 more almost frame by frame to see if he ever filled anything out. Still found nothing but I did see Jim Miller filling things out the backup qb so assumed was his but after watching he is writing vertically and in black pen. The thing is I found Miller holding on to his clipboard plus a second clipboard and also a black folder. So whatever Miller is writing down he shares with Brady and Brady condenses down and adds in protection used which is called by him at the line of scrimmage. He probably used to look back to see what play worked and under what formation. So the secret is in the items Miller is holding, when you see the sheet is undeniable it's Brady's handwriting the most tell tale sign is his crazy e's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1368.jpg (67.1 KB, 128 views)

Last edited by Briggsd719; 06-15-2017 at 10:33 PM.
Old 06-15-2017, 06:48 PM

Here's the sheet look at the e's I've never seen anybody write like that except for Brady if I didn't see that it would be in my basement for ever.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1523.jpg (77.8 KB, 130 views)
Old 06-15-2017, 06:55 PM

I am not trying to take away the coolness of the item, I am truly puzzled by the circumstances of Brady having the time to write these notes while playing the game. Is this normal occurrences for the starting QB to write notes on every play?[/QUOTE]
I don't think this is normal not really sure why he did in this game I could not find a photo of him or game video in which he did. There is a preseason game against Jacksonville from the same season where he charted plays it can be googledwith him holding clipboard and you can see on clipboard he has different color pens like like the ones used on this sheet to divide the series. He might have been doing for prosperity sake or from direction of Weis. I truly believe he wanted to keep notes but when he got to locker room they got wet from celebration and he just left because he thought they were ruined.

Last edited by Briggsd719; 06-16-2017 at 05:01 AM.
Old 06-16-2017, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
On GUU he said someone on eBay told him it could be worth 20k plus. Lol

I don't care if it's tom Brady's writing, it's still just a piece of paper. For less then $3000 you could buy a football used by Brady in a Super Bowl.
I honestly came to this site to see if anybody knew anything about my item didn't know I was going to be laughed at which is fine. I didn't lie about anything or try to scam anybody. that quote of the text I received did happen and I have the text to prove it. I have no reason to lie. If you look at my eBay auction which I only had up for 12 hours before goldin gave me his offer I stated I wasn't sure of value and would listen to all offers.
Obviously you know more about the value than I do. I just know a lot of pieces of paper as you called it have been selling for a lot of money recently. When and if you can get me one of those proven Tom Brady game used super bowl footballs for under 3k sign me up asap for I've never seen one. The only balls that I know which were proven to be held by Brady for sale were the deflategate ball which sold for 46 and the tuck rule ball which is up for 59 not saying that a proven Used brady super bowl ball can command that much but those are the only 2 right now that I can find that are proven brady used balls. The other super bowl balls are not verified to be held by him just saying and right now are worth more than they were 6 months ago.
Again like they say it's only worth what somebody is willing to pay at the end of the day.
If I'm in the wrong for stating this I apologize to the other members I'm sorry. This quote got to me and just felt I had to state my case

Last edited by Briggsd719; 06-16-2017 at 03:49 AM.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:36 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I have seen things less cool go for more money. I am not the type for this kind of item but good luck with the sale and congrats too!!

Last edited by Leon; 06-16-2017 at 06:37 AM.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I have seen things less cool go for more money. I am not the type for this kind of item but good luck with the sale and congrats too!!
Thanks Leon. Hard to sell because I am a die hard patriots and Brady fan but if it can help out family it's what I have to do. I should at least get the 23$ I spent back.
Old 06-24-2017, 10:55 PM
Michael S

Very nice Brady/Patriots item OP.
Old 06-25-2017, 02:47 AM
Bob Davies

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcy View Post
...Alex Rodriguez' autographed jock strap.
That must be somewhat difficult to do. Wait, I'm having a really bad visual...
Old 06-25-2017, 09:40 AM
Rob

Does seem odd to me that the starting QB would be doing this during the game...the Super Bowl no less. It's the back up QB that's usually working the clip board. But I don't know enough about the Cheater's game day habits to say one way or another.