NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Tim Caravella

Default checklist for T206 by teams?

Does anyone know where one may be available?

Thanks,

Tim
Old 05-03-2011, 04:26 PM
MikeHealer

This should be what you're looking for.
http://www.t206.org/filter_set.php
Old 05-03-2011, 04:34 PM
Tim Caravella

perfect.. Thanks for the quick response. I put in a PSA set request for the Highlanders, looks like it may be accepted. Will be fun, and painfully expensive to put this one together... my wife will love it!!

Thanks again...

Tim
Old 05-03-2011, 04:57 PM
Jeff Emerson

Default T206 Highlanders

1909-11 T206 - New York Highlanders
Chesbro, Jack HOF
Keeler, Willie (Batting) HOF
Keeler, Willie (Portrait) HOF
Ball, Neal
Chase, Hal (Holding Trohpy)
Chase, Hal (Portrait, Blue)
Chase, Hal (Portrait, Pink)
Chase, Hal (Throwing Dark Cap)
Chase, Hal (Throwing White Cap)
Cree, Birdie
Demmitt, Ray
Doyle, Joe (Throwing)
Doyle, Joe (With Bat)
Elberfeld, Kid (Portrait)
Engle, Clyde
Ford, Russ
Frill, John
Hemphill, Charlie
Kleinow, Red (Catching)
Kleinow, Red (With Bat)
Knight, Jack (Portrait)
Knight, Jack (With Bat)
Lake, Joe
LaPorte, Frank
Manning, Rube (Batting)
Manning, Rube (Pitching)
Quinn, Jack
Sweeney, Jeff (Fielding)
Warhop, Jack

Last edited by Teamsets4u; 05-03-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:01 AM
BRIAN C0ATS

Default Interested to hear the results

Unless PSA has changed policy I doubt this set request will be granted. I attempted to get a similar PSA set for the Brooklyn team but was told that they do not create team sets for any issue prior to 1948. They directed me to create a Showcase instead. I disagreed with this decision but they would not relent.

Hope they finally came to their senses on this issue.

Brian
Old 05-04-2011, 10:00 AM
Tim Caravella

I got through the first line anyway... they replied and requested the full checklist. I submitted it yesterday and will now wait. Thanks again to those who provided the list.

It is worth a shot, there must be more NY collectors out there that would find this one interesting...

Tim
Old 05-04-2011, 10:19 AM

Tim,

I hope that you are able to get PSA to follow through with your set request.

As an aside, I recently asked SGC if they would be able to create a Chicago American T206 Master set, and they are currently in the process of formatting it. You could always try SGC if PSA isn't able to help you out...

Good luck with your Highlanders set!
Old 05-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Jim R

Is there any one at SGC that has enough knowledge about the 206 set to create such a list?

Last edited by cfc1909; 05-04-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:05 PM

I don't know if anyone at SGC does or not.

In my case, I sent them an Excel document that contained information from several sources - most notably the outstanding back set lists compiled by Ted Z., Scot Reader's "Inside T206" e-book, and the Bill Brown T206 Super Set spreadsheet (thank you to those gentlemen for their research...I hope it's OK that I cribbed from your work! ).

I also looked at SGC pop reports (and even eBay listings) to come up with what I hope is an accurate list to send to them.

Last edited by Tom S.; 05-04-2011 at 12:48 PM. Reason: forgot to credit Scot!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Jim R

I would be glad to go over your list for you and check them for accuracy but would caution using the list complied by Ted Z. Can't say the White Sox list is inaccurate as I have not seen that list. There are plenty of errors on the back lists that were posted on this forum.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Hey Jim R

I have not compiled any T206 Chicago American list.

I don't understand what you are referring to ?

I have reprised the thread listing the various T206 front / back combos. If you have any additional information or corrections,
please provide it and I will update the specific list(s).

TED Z
Old 05-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Jim R

Default Ted

I am referring to the backs lists as being inaccurate. You have cards on confirmed lists that don't exist and cards on no print lists that do exists. Clerical errors happen when your compiling this much information, and confirming cards simply by posts or emails opens yourself up to bad inputs. But what bothers me most is when I have come to you with subjects/players that do not belong on the list, you have gone to great lengths, even crossed ethical lines to prove to me a card exists when it doesn't. Why? Because you have claimed on more than one occasion to have completed sets with these front/back combos that don't exist.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=91120

You claimed to have completed the Sweet Caporal 150 No.649 OP set of 35 cards. Simon Nicholls shouldn't be on this list, but you can't remove it because you claim to have owned it. Keeping it on the list continues to put bad information out to collectors but removing it means you never owned it.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=91361

Here is a "Mission Accomplished" thread for an American Beauty 460 set of 70 cards. You claim to own these 70 cards. "So, it's taken me 4 years to acquire 70 cards." 3 cards on this list do not exist with an American Beauty 460 back. John Frill is on this list of 70 that you acquired yet within the last year you claimed the card was a no print until a scan was posted that proved otherwise. How does a card go from being in your collection to a no print?

Recently you again claimed to complete the American Beauty 460 subset of now 75 cards. 75 is accurate this time. When asked by several board members to bring the AB 460 set to the Oaks show you gave no response. I came to you Saturday at the show to talk reasonably and see this set. You claim to have sold 28 cards including the Cobb for 4k Friday night. Other members including Leon L, Dan M and John M were at the show Friday and you could have shown them the set but you didn't. Simply put you can't show what you don't have. Why is it that you can scan sheets of uncut Bowman's yet you don't have scans of all 75 ABs or the Simon Nicholls 649?

Several collectors have been working for years on these lists, they were shared with you privately and you posted them and took full credit. But it's not the credit that bothers me, it's the inaccuracies and perpetuation of known bad information.

I won't sit and point out all of the mistakes on every list as some are close and others have mistakes into the double digits. Most importantly I won't give any credibility to these list knowing the dishonesty that has taken place in creating them.

I do have the lists that I work from and will be happy to help anyone that is working on a project that needs an accurate list. I'm hoping in the near future to have the lists in a format I can share with everyone.

I realize anyone can make a mistake it's what you do when that mistake is brought to your attention that matters.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:26 PM

Default t206 checklist

Old 05-04-2011, 07:35 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

AB460 subset...hmmm.....

August 2, 2008

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=90776

Post #1
"Currently, I have 40 - T206's with AB 460 backs."

September 2, 2008

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=90968

Post #8
"Still ongoing is my American Beauty 460 sub-set. It has taken me longer to approach the 67,or so, cards needed to complete this run than the above 3 sets. So far, I have 44 different Subjects with a AB 460 backs"

November 20, 2008

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=91361

Post #1
"So, it's taken me 4 years to acquire 70 cards."

So in August 2008 Ted claimed to own 40 cards.Then by September Ted added four more (believable) but within 2 months he added 30+ AB460 cards even cards that have yet to be seen with AB460?

30+ AB460's off a want list in two months unreal…almost unbelievable given the inaccuracies already shown.Then when asked to show them by dozens of folks didn't do it.

Funny got all the time in the world to type lists full of mistakes, talk to folks offline, make up long winded stories to other collectors about cards he needs for HOF collections, call me and others to continue to toss under the bus other collectors who called him out, rally support all around the forum and at shows against anyone who dare go against the grain if you will, read and post emails from folks who may or may not be real with their information, post giant pics of uncut Bowman sheets....but no time to take a snap shot of 75 AB460's or walk them over to show some folks within feet of him in a public place prior to selling them for a record low to some unknown mystery collector.

And people wonder why some of us say take these lists with a grain of salt, or worse dare question the great Ted Z's findings and information.

Cheers,

John
Old 05-04-2011, 07:49 PM
JeR@Me

Default Wow !

Holy Cow ! This should be interesting...
Old 05-04-2011, 07:50 PM
MikeHealer

I hate to interrupt but I'm pretty sure there is no Joe Doyle (batting) card.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Tim Caravella

Heard back from psa again, looks like this may be a go! I never thought they would agree, but it was certainly worth a shot!

Tim
Old 05-05-2011, 03:33 PM

Tim,

Good that you heard back from PSA on your set request. Hope that they are able to come through for you.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:45 PM

I have attached my attempt at a T206 Chicago Amer. Master set list (27 cards + the F. Smith CHI/BOS variation).

Hopefully I came pretty close - I ended up with a total of 309 confirmed combinations.

If anyone finds any discrepancies with my list, please feel free to note the errors.
Attached Files
File Type: zip WS T206 Master.zip (5.5 KB, 19 views)
Old 05-06-2011, 07:25 AM
Tim

Tom - After a quick glance I see several that need to be added and several that need to be removed from your list. I'll gladly go over this more thoroughly and send you an updated list.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Clayton

Default Just trying to keep it straight....

So, the Simon Nicholls SC 150 649 OP is (or should be) scratched off the list?

Thanks- Clayton
Old 05-06-2011, 12:06 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Clayton,

So we dont de-rail our fellow members team list thread, I'll answer in full detail on another thread.

John

Last edited by wonkaticket; 05-06-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Clayton......re..T206 Nicholls

This card with the SWEET CAPORAL 150 Factory 649 (overprint) back is on my list since it has been seen. Scot Reader's T206 survey
of over 14,000 cards indicates that this card exists. I have said it exists; however, certain skeptics here choose not to believe me.

My experience collecting this particular SWEET CAP sub-set is that the HOFer's (George Davis, Griffith, Johnson, Lajoie, Marquard, and
Matty are quite available.

Guys like Alpermann, Bates, Goode, Tom Jones, Killian, Liebrandt, Powers, Ritchey, Sheckard, and Wilhelm are also seen quite often.

And, then there are certain subjects like Lake, McIntyre, Nicholls, Schmidt, Spencer, and Heine Wagner that are very tough to find.

I do not understand why this is so. I have compared my notes with others that collect this T206 sub-set and their experience is very
similar to mine.

TED Z
Old 05-06-2011, 06:54 PM
Tim Caravella

The T206 NY Americans team set has been accepted by PSA and will be placed in the registry in a short time. WOW! May take the rest of my life and will always be at least one sort, but Should be fun.

Hopefully others will enjoy it too!

Tim
Old 05-06-2011, 07:31 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Wrong Thread

Last edited by wonkaticket; 05-06-2011 at 07:34 PM.