NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-17-2014, 07:32 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by callou2131 View Post
The guy is a real gem too. says he won it last month when he won it on the 8th. Then in one post he says
Jason Mars Yeah reprints are sold online but unless you have held an authentic Wagner then don't comment...trust me...been collecting 35 years and have hundreds of t206 cards...I know what a reprint is!!!have u spent 300 hours researching and mag ifying this card and printing and everythih...please don't comment unless u know....not what u think u know...only true way is to have card in your hand a d do all the test period!
Like · Reply · 6 hours ago

and he is also saying he was a card grader

Jason Mars Honestly why would u even comment.....couple hundred t206 cards 35 years experience and you make a judgment from a picture....only way to authentic it is lots of test...you judge when u don't even know....did u know I was a card grader??????????hmmmmmm.....

He is also claiming alot of "big time" collectors were bidding on it so that shows it is real. If they thought it was real wouldnt they bid more than 200 bucks lol.
Thank you Benjamin...I do want to say one thing I could buy 100 reprints for 10...why would I pay 200 for this card if I could buy a reprint for a dollar...I was bidding against olot of big time collectors....so. if they were bidding they saw something to.....no one in there right mind would pay 200 for a reprint if they can buy it for a dollar.....this 100 percent real....the people who are saying it is fake doesn't have the card in front of them and foesny know who I talked to......thank you Benjamin for they comment and you will see its real...I appreciate your nice comment.

It is hard for me to believe he has ever dealt with a t206 based off the video. The video has him going through a binder of newer "shiney" cards and then stops to point out a card that is "40 years old", if he gets excited to point out a 70's card than I doubt he sees, let alone owns, any pre war cards.

Last edited by bn2cardz; 09-17-2014 at 07:33 AM.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:48 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

I see that the news did an update piece last night where they indicate that many people claim it is a reprint:

http://www.mynews4.com/news/local/st...lftAbmPiQ.cspx
Old 09-17-2014, 09:40 AM
Pau.l C

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
I see that the news did an update piece last night where they indicate that many people claim it is a reprint:

http://www.mynews4.com/news/local/st...lftAbmPiQ.cspx
The kind of basic research any news organization should be doing before the first article was printed or TV interview was aired.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOzAgpxg5wE

when you trust too much in hearing something on TV or the Internet
my 8 9 year old daughter just says "Bonjour"

This Wagner story reminds me of that commercial
Old 09-17-2014, 09:54 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernieto View Post
The kind of basic research any news organization should be doing before the first article was printed or TV interview was aired.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOzAgpxg5wE

when you trust too much in hearing something on TV or the Internet
my 8 9 year old daughter just says "Bonjour"

This Wagner story reminds me of that commercial
This "news" service really did lack any investigative journalism. I still believe they jumped on a craigslist fad and didn't bother to do any more research since the owner was an expert with a "40 year old card" in his collection.

This really does have the same feeling as the Edwards-Cobb card. An obvious fake with a delusional (or con artist) person trying to state that it is real when everyone that knows prewar cards can spot that it is a fake. Then a news agency reports on the finding and struggles of the owner. All the while everyone with knowledge is screaming at them that it is a fake.
Old 09-26-2014, 12:33 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
It is hard for me to believe he has ever dealt with a t206 based off the video. The video has him going through a binder of newer "shiney" cards and then stops to point out a card that is "40 years old", if he gets excited to point out a 70's card than I doubt he sees, let alone owns, any pre war cards.
Andy, in all fairness, consider who he's talking to. Some random news guy. The average tv viewer has maybe heard of the T206 Honus Wagner, the Gretzky Wagner. And that's probably about it. To a non hobbyist, a 40 year old card seems old.

I have a binder full of shiny modern cards. I get excited by 40 year old cards. My 1973 Topps Roberto Clemente is one of my favorite cards. I'm collecting the 1975 Topps set in high grade.

And I have pre-war cards.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.