NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Default T210 market

Posted By: Dwight Davis

Anyone have a handle on the T210 market? I recently purchased one slabbed g-vg on Ebay for $18.50, then I see others sail over my pocketbook at well above $100. Is it the series or what?

All of life relates to baseball and professional wrestling.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Default T210 market

Posted By: peter ullman

series is definitely a factor in the value of t210's...as others will surely chime in. I'm not a collector of t210's...but I believe the more scarce cards are the series 8,6, 7, 5...and the rest are foggy to me. Series 8 is the scarcest...also including the Joe Jackson RC which is off the charts!

pete in mn

Old 12-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Administrator

Default T210 market

Posted By: Jay

My sense is that the two scarcest series are 8 and 7. Series 6 is not far behind. After that I would rank the series as follows: 4, 5, 1, 2, 3. In most series there are some very scarce cards which are scarcer than an "average" card in series 7 or 8.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Administrator

Default T210 market

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

While I hold Jay in high regard, as well as his insight into old cards, I think that series 8 and series 6 cards are quite close together in difficulty.

Series 8 cards contain many more players who had been or were headed for the majors. Collectors of the day would have been more likely to retain those cards. Series 6 cards have few major league players, few players that went very high at all... those cards would have been subject to a higher rate of contemporary discarding.

Even today, I think there are more collectors of series 8 than there are series 6. And pointing out the difficult Jackson in series 8 can't be fairly done unless mention is made of Charles Dillon Stengel's card with Maysville Kentucky in series 6.

As far as prices, I agree that series 8 cards will cost a bit more, because more folks are taking a stab at collecting the set, the series, or at least the cards of a particular city.

6, 7, and 8 series collectors are in for a long trek. And it seems to me that there are a few cards in each of the series that aren't as plentiful as the others. Goostree leaning on a bat comes to mind in series 6.

Series 3 cards can be found without much difficulty. Series 1 and 2 are about as easy to locate. I think putting any of these 3 series together could be accomplished with money and 4 or 5 months of searching eBay and card dealers. Series 4 and 5 are a bit more difficult.

Isn't it refreshing to see a thread where all of the posts are actually about baseball cards, instead of people, grading, politics, and worse??

Old 12-10-2007, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Default T210 market

Posted By: Dwight Davis

It is a great privilege to have an expert's opinion at one's fingertips.
Thanks

All of life relates to baseball and professional wrestling.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:00 PM
Administrator

Default T210 market

Posted By: david Poses

i am finding myself more and more leaning toward t210s. anyone know of any good online resources for this set? gallery? some kind of pdf file like the one scot reader made for the t206s? any help is appreciated...

Old 12-18-2007, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Default T210 market

Posted By: Bill Stone

Speaking of T210's, did anyone here pick up Lot 1133 in the most recent Mastro auction? I know there was an Angermeier ( fielding) and was curious about its general appearance? Is it the highest known graded example?

Old 12-18-2007, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Default T210 market

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Bill, thanks for that post...

We need to find the winner of that lot. I lack Angermeier fielding and Whitaker, both of whom were in the lot.

If the winner is out there, please post!!!

Old 12-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Default T210 market

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Hi Frank and Bill,
Email me and I will send scans of the cards. Be well Brian

PS I think they were both in Gd condition at best.