NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-12-2007, 07:26 AM
Administrator

Default Petition To Reinstate Lee Behrens

Posted By: Al Simeone

I felt it only fair that Lee should get some equal time here for reinstatement. I truely believe Lee wouldnt have gone that far if Peter Cs brand of "mockery" had been dealt with much earlier. Lees vast knowledge about cards will surely be missed more so than Peter C. Thoughts?

Old 12-12-2007, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Posted By: chris bland

I believe it was mentioned that Lee is not permanently banned, so he will be back at some time. That said, I would agree he adds much more to the board than P Chao ever did.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Hi Al,
I agree that Lee should be reinstated to the board. Lee is a long time collector who has always been a pleasure to deal with, and who from day one has contributed his knowledge to the board.
I realize Leon feels that many of Lee's post have been negative of late, and he may have a point, but I don't believe they have caused a disruption or hurt the board. Be well Brian

Administrator

Posted By: Joe D.

I think he should be reinstated.

Administrator

Posted By: leon

No harm in speaking your mind. For the time being he won't be joining us. In the future, if he wants to come back, he will be allowed to. Not sure when. It will be a shorter time frame than Peter C. For the time being I can live without his bit***** about how this board sucks.....regards

Old 12-12-2007, 08:09 AM
Administrator

Hi Leon,
I am really only speaking about this latest incident. What Lee did with respect to the "mass postings". Thats all. I know there has been bad blood between you over other issues but keeping it in context I thought a little clairification on my part was needed.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:26 AM
Administrator

I try my hardest to be very fair. Many times I do things for the board that I don't personally agree with. If there was only a miniscule (1 day suspension) repercussion for serious actions on the board then others would think they could do the same thing and not have to worry about it. Pretty soon anarchy would rule. I don't want to seem like a "meanie" but that's the way I see it. I realize Lee, as well as many others, stated they didn't like Peter C on the board. What most might not realize is that I get many emails and talk to lots of folks about the board, everyday. Most folks have been saying, at least off of the board, that Peter C should not have been banned. I do think it got to a point, recently, where a time out was warranted. So I gave him one. Lee gets one too, for taking matters into his own hands. It might have been a noble thing to do but not the right thing to do.....again, that's just the way I see it.

I had to wake up on Sunday morning to find he had gone berserk on the board and was forced to make a decision. I did.....regards

edited spellin'.....Thanks Pete!!

Old 12-12-2007, 08:58 AM
Administrator

Posted By: peter ullman

berserk...sorry Leon but I think Barry's busy! While I'd like Lee back...I'm sure he's occupied on the other board.

peter ullman

Old 12-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Administrator

Hi Leon,
Fair enough. I do understand your point, as moderator hard decisions must be made in order for the board to continue to be looked at as a reputable entity in the field of vintage baseball cards. But you stated that many people have emailed you in Peter C defense saying that he shouldnt have been banned (or time out) which ever you prefer,I went back to look at the latest posting "Petition to reinstate Peter C" And I really only see 1 person who is in support of not banning him. I would love to see all his other supporters step up and see what they have to say!
Point being in the future when you do let Peter C back on the board in order not to have this kind of problem pop up again (and believe me it will) I think before Peter is allowed to post anything it should be run thru YOU as the moderator first. I think that would be very fair at this point. If you go back and look ( not taking Lees last set of posts into consideration) Peter C has had the most locks put on his postings! I think that speaks volumes for the subject matter he thinks is important. Lee "blew a gasket" no doubt about it but Leon In my view and IMO things might have worked out much better if SOMEONE was dealt with much earlier.We must not forget what I believe started the Peter C downward spiral on the memorabilia side the POST "An Offshoot Of The First Amendment The Freedom To Post" I think that speaks volumes of what Peter C really wanted to acomplish!!!!!!!!

Old 12-12-2007, 09:37 AM
Administrator

Posted By: chris bland

all of these people who think peter should be allowed back dont seem to post much apparently, because i have hardly seen a majority favor him and his postings when the subject is discussed on here.

lee may bitch about the board, but i dont think that should weigh in to him being banned - it never seemed terribly obsessive like his brother. i understand a time-out for the mass spamming on sat, but i hope that was the only reason he got busted...

Old 12-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason L

(I know, who cares? right?)

Leon was correct in giving them each a time out and sending them off to their rooms, and I think it would be appropriate to let them come back down for dinner later.

I think they are each an asset to this Board, in their own, different way.

I value Peter's posting habits because they provide a (usually) good natured way to get some off-handed remarks and verbal tomfoolery worked into otherwise serious or boring days...and allows for the sense of humor of various community members to come out (and either shine or be beaten down on their own merit!)

I value Lee's posts because they typically have great value to other collectors. For instance, his T202 knowledge has been very helpful in the past.

Hopefully, we're having something good for dinner and they can both join us...

Old 12-12-2007, 10:18 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark Evans

I am one of the people who had previously spoken in support of Peter. But, as of late, I have to admit that he has gone overboard starting marginally relevant threads. Nevertheless, at least part of the responsibility for the current dilemma is shared by members who post criticisms rather than allowing those threads to die out.

Hopefully, when Peter (& Lee) are welcomed back, Peter will exercise more discretion in choosing his topics. Mark

Old 12-12-2007, 10:46 AM
Administrator

My decision to ban Lee, for the time being, was based solely on what his actions were in the preceding 24 hours (more like 8 hours)on the board. Actually, I don't even dislike Lee. I only dislike his constant, incorrect, assertations about the board. His constant griping is not what did it though. Him taking the Peter C matter into his own hands IS what did it. I just want to make sure everyone knows my feelings on this subject as it was brought up. regards

Old 12-12-2007, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Larry

Mr. Behrens last few posts were very funny and the most entertaining ones he has ever made in this forum.

Peter C. should be reinstated when the price of oil drops back below $60 per barrel and Mr. Behrens when it drops below $70.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

to tie Lee's return to Frozen Concentrated Orange Juice futures and Peter's to Pork Belly futures than to the price of oil..........

Just my opinion.......

Old 12-12-2007, 07:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Misunderestimated (Brian H.)

I don't know all of the details of this particular brouhaha (and I don't really care to at this point) but I did want to say something supportive of Lee. He has been a good contributor for as long as I can remember and I would like to see him back sooner rather than later. Based on what I do know about this I think Leon did the right thing in temporarily banning him although I would ask that his ban be closer to an NFL steroids ban (see Merriman, Shawn) than an MLB steroids ban/blacklist (see Palmiero, Rafael)

-- That was just an imperfect analogy please do not discuss it any further or I will have to log back in and delete it.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Lee has missed out on the entire cereal discussion and I suspect he is sad about this. I also like Lee. Free Lee!

Old 12-12-2007, 07:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tim Newcomb

Everyone ought to be able to blow a gasket once in a while-- and Peter C. was definitely pushing the envelope for a while. I won't miss his posts, but I will miss Lee.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:38 PM
Administrator

Lee is freed. Lets talk about cards.... regards

Old 12-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

You're a good man Leon. You hit that one right on the nose time-wise.

Joann

Old 12-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul S

Lee is free? What will I do with all the "Free Lee" flyers I had printed up?!

Old 12-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Why hasn't Lee yet posted about his favorite cereal?

Old 12-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

hahahahaha. You guys are hilarious.

J

Old 12-12-2007, 08:19 PM
Administrator

Leon,
THANKYOU. I have always found you fair and in this instance you did the right thing! It must have been the 5 boxes of Cap"n Crunch you had this afternoon just before you won the Texas Holdem championship!!!!!!!!! What ever the reason I think many people thankyou for it!!
Al

Old 12-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: paulstratton

For the record, Paul S. does not speak for me.

Old 12-13-2007, 04:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan

I have not read this board in a while and was shocked to stumble across this post. For Lee Behrens to have ever been banned for anything relating to Peter Chao is completely insane. P Chao and I had minced words on a few occassions many months ago on multiple different posts and he is the sole reason I stopped coming here for a long period of time.

The whole concept of "touchy feely" boardsmanship is just wrong, when someone of Lee's standing in a community that survives on people like his input is put to the test by a relatively new comer in the market, Lee deserved the nod.

Thankfully it sounds like he has been brought back and that to me is certainly the correct decision. Lee, welcome back!

Old 12-13-2007, 05:04 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

Lee pushed his 'standing' and pushed his 'standing'. Granted the Chao/Chaos thing is COMPLETELY crazy but he kind of took it into his own hands......just my opinion though.....

Old 12-13-2007, 05:09 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Koteles

continuing will make this a useless Choa type thread.

Old 12-13-2007, 05:59 AM
Administrator

Paul Stratton - You're right. IMHO the whole thing's so nuts that I don't even have an opinion anymore, except that it was best for the forum they both go bye-bye for a bit. Hence, I've changed my picture ID. You'll probably agree with that.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

I just wanted to say thanks to all that showed support for me and the situation. I have decided to minimize my participation on the board. For the people that have been on the board for a long time or have transacted with me know that I am a standup person and have a great passion for this hooby.

It is statements such as this "I only dislike his constant, incorrect, assertations about the board." made by Leon that has made up my mind. As far as incorrect I sure would like to know what they are. (Leon you can either email or leave it as is) if I feel I have made any "incorrect assertations about the board", I will give my apologies on the board.

As far as my last set of posts, I was of sound mind and body (no outside substance involved), I believe I even spelled every word right.

I will still be involved in the hobby and look forward to transactions and emails form any vintage collector who wishes to drop an email.

I hope that the FREE LEE t-shirts didn't make it to print. if they did I will let Jay know they are available if I ever get thrown in the slammer.

Thanks again for the support,

Lee

Old 12-16-2007, 06:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Larry

How about a "keep Chao in jail" t-shirt instead?

or a t-shirt that says "The World According to Chao" with a picture of people walking upside-down on the ceiling and birds flying under the ground

Old 12-16-2007, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Hi Lee,
Nice to see you back ! I hope you will post more but understand your position. Its nice to see that issues can be resolved in this case!
One question that I think we all need to hear from you is:
Whats your favorite cereal? LOL Al

Old 12-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Would it not be nice to go forward, positively....

and not discuss the past, lest these guys above have to "repetition" one day?

Old 12-16-2007, 08:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: BcD

and the Twins from Santana!

BcD

Old 12-16-2007, 09:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: CN

Lee you are a class act. Glad you are back Chris N.

Old 12-17-2007, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Actually I think Lee and Peter are the same person -- inhabiting the same host -- the Yin and the Yang fighting for domination. We can probably throw the Dorskind Group in there too! One can only imagine all that login, logout, longin, logout, login, logout...enough to make one's head spin!