NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-30-2016, 09:03 PM
Dan Carson

Default Psa/sgc?

I think there both inconsistent and should be out sourced right away!
Old 07-31-2016, 05:15 AM

Default PSA ? SGC ? A Pox Upon Their Grading Houses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Carson View Post
I think there both inconsistent and should be out sourced right away!

...I remember the excitement in the whole family the day these arrived in the mail from the PRO headquarters and how devastated I was by the results but my faithful companion/grammarnazi TheWidowGarcia just kept patting my hand saying "their their,they're they're".

...P.S. The Moranville is the only one known.

Old 08-04-2016, 02:00 PM
Luke Lyon

Here are a couple recently graded cards to give an example of what I was talking about earlier. The SGC 50 is a pretty normal 50 for them. The Hutchinson might be a bit of an outlier with regard to how nice it is, but it shows that they can be incredibly tough. I think it would be an SGC 80 at least.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Turner SGC 50 a.jpg (78.4 KB, 640 views)
File Type: jpg Turner SGC 50 b.jpg (79.4 KB, 639 views)
File Type: jpg img236.jpg (77.1 KB, 645 views)
File Type: jpg img237.jpg (79.5 KB, 643 views)
Old 08-04-2016, 02:17 PM
Tony. Biviano

The Hutchinson probably one or two spider vein creases
Old 08-04-2016, 03:01 PM
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammb View Post
The Hutchinson probably one or two spider vein creases
+1

SGC is way easier on soft corners (at least on T206s) than PSA. But, my favorite thing about SGC vs. PSA is that SGC will not grade a T206 an SGC 60 if it has any sort of wrinkle or crease (at least, I've never seen one). PSA, on the other hand, is rigid about corners, but seems to miss the wrinkles and creases on PSA 5s at an inordinate level. That's really annoying to me. I buy PSA 5 and SGC 60 T206s because I abhor wrinkles and creases. SGC has never let me down. PSA frequently does in this area.

Also, I think I am right about this, but SGC has basically had the same three graders grading their cards for a very long time. That makes for much better consistency over time. PSA is all over the place.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206
Old 08-04-2016, 05:08 PM
Glyn Parson

Default Bob luce

Bob Is no longer at sgc he now works with REA. I believe Scott aka Lummy is the only grader still there from 5 years ago. . Derek has been gone for awhile. Steve may still be there I am not sure. I still feel that they (sgc) are generally more consistent and you are correct about wrinkles. I think they are both good services overall. I personally prefer psa. I like the holders and the demand for their product is far superior.
Old 08-05-2016, 03:13 PM
Eric Cheng

I think SGC is more consistent than PSA. PSA is all over the place, they make it so tough now I feel they don't even follow their grading standard description. SGC's holder looks better, and it's not too often they miss consistency by much.
PSA on the other hand a 6 if you crack it out might come back as a 3.5.

Tags
psa, sgc