NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 01-07-2019, 11:18 AM
ramram ramram is online now
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 932
Default

With the windfall that the states will be receiving as this internet tax net grows wider even beyond ebay, I wonder if they'll reduce the tax rates?

Rob M
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-07-2019, 01:47 PM
savedfrommyspokes savedfrommyspokes is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,399
Default

When I ordered my ebay shipping supplies and paid for them with my quarterly ebay supplies coupon, I was charged sales tax. This quarterly coupon does not cover the sales tax (as indicated in t/c), so I had to use $12 of my ebay bucks to get my "free" ebay s/h supplies. What is weird is I have paid for multiple other things since January 1st, including within my own state, and have not been charged any sales tax anywhere except here. The supplies mailed out of KY, so I am not sure why this state is charging sales tax now. Perhaps this supplies vendor is large enough they are collecting for my home state. Hopefully ebay will change the terms on this coupon to allow it to cover the sales tax on my "free" stuff.

Last edited by savedfrommyspokes; 01-07-2019 at 01:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-07-2019, 02:49 PM
Yastrzemski Sports Yastrzemski Sports is offline
Adam Yastrzemski
member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Cooperstown
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
When I ordered my ebay shipping supplies and paid for them with my quarterly ebay supplies coupon, I was charged sales tax. This quarterly coupon does not cover the sales tax (as indicated in t/c), so I had to use $12 of my ebay bucks to get my "free" ebay s/h supplies. What is weird is I have paid for multiple other things since January 1st, including within my own state, and have not been charged any sales tax anywhere except here. The supplies mailed out of KY, so I am not sure why this state is charging sales tax now. Perhaps this supplies vendor is large enough they are collecting for my home state. Hopefully ebay will change the terms on this coupon to allow it to cover the sales tax on my "free" stuff.
They may now automatically add tax to shipping supplies because they are not generally items you are buying to resell. You are buying them to use them and do not qualify for nontax status.
They used to send me quarterly coupons through my messages and I haven’t received any in a while. I am going to contact them to find my supply money. Thanks.

Last edited by Yastrzemski Sports; 01-07-2019 at 02:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-07-2019, 09:23 PM
savedfrommyspokes savedfrommyspokes is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yastrzemski Sports View Post
They may now automatically add tax to shipping supplies because they are not generally items you are buying to resell. You are buying them to use them and do not qualify for nontax status.
They used to send me quarterly coupons through my messages and I haven’t received any in a while. I am going to contact them to find my supply money. Thanks.
My state has a $100k (no transaction) threshold for having to collect taxes, so my guess is that they are collecting for my home state. No longer need to claim the value of my free supplies on my use tax filing.


I have not received a message about the ebay supply coupon in a few years. However, you can access your code by clicking on the "promotions" tab and then clicking on "subscriber discounts". Your code will be found when click on "see details" under the shipping supplies box.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-09-2019, 10:05 PM
thecatspajamas's Avatar
thecatspajamas thecatspajamas is offline
L@nce Fit.tro
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yastrzemski Sports View Post
They used to send me quarterly coupons through my messages and I haven’t received any in a while. I am going to contact them to find my supply money. Thanks.
Go to: https://www.sd.ebay.com/subscriberdiscounts

Assuming you have an eBay Store subscription, the first item should be a link to your quarterly coupon code for shipping supplies based on your store subscription level.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-10-2019, 07:25 AM
Bram99 Bram99 is offline
Tony S.
member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Elmhurst, IL
Posts: 130
Default Funniest post this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramram View Post
With the windfall that the states will be receiving as this internet tax net grows wider even beyond ebay, I wonder if they'll reduce the tax rates?

Rob M
That is truly funny. I will more likely see a Chocolate, Rainbow colored, T-Rex-acorn before my state (Illinois) decides they have too much tax revenue and can start lowering rates! But that was funny.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-10-2019, 07:54 AM
deeg23 deeg23 is offline
De.rek Gre.nce
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: PA
Posts: 295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
Go to: https://www.sd.ebay.com/subscriberdiscounts

Assuming you have an eBay Store subscription, the first item should be a link to your quarterly coupon code for shipping supplies based on your store subscription level.
Thank you for that!! I was wondering where my coupon was last quarter!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-10-2019, 07:58 AM
Rhotchkiss Rhotchkiss is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramram View Post
With the windfall that the states will be receiving as this internet tax net grows wider even beyond ebay, I wonder if they'll reduce the tax rates?

Rob M
Rob, of course they will Not. They will just spend more. Many states are already in dire straits (see Illinois), and very fiscally responsible states like California (sarcasm) have vowed to provide global health care to all, including “non citizens”. Most Politicians are morons and they would rather pass laws and spend money than pay down debt and unfunded obligations. It’s like giving a 10 year old a $1000 - you’ll get a bunch of candy and Fortnite skins!
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-10-2019, 01:56 PM
Yastrzemski Sports Yastrzemski Sports is offline
Adam Yastrzemski
member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Cooperstown
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeg23 View Post
Thank you for that!! I was wondering where my coupon was last quarter!
Ok, so if you go to My eBay - under the account tab Manage My Store - then on the left click Subscriber Discounts. Your coupon is there.

We used to get a message from them every quarter when the coupon was available. I hadn’t noticed that it has probably been 6 months since I got supplies. I was assuming they ended the program. They just made it more difficult to cash in on their offering to stores.

Thanks for mentioning the supplies. I am going to use my $50 today. Much appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-10-2019, 06:28 PM
JollyElm's Avatar
JollyElm JollyElm is offline
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,760
Default

I was going to reply to this thread, but when I reached to put a plastic straw in my Diet Dr. Pepper, I was arrested.
__________________
Check out my bucket(s). Virtually everything is available for trade:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706
http://s1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee404/JollyElm/
http://s1036.photobucket.com/user/elmjack44/library/

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
eBay sales baffle me... xdrx Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) 10 08-20-2011 08:22 AM
eBay sales declining Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 37 04-22-2009 02:34 PM
Offered sales after losing bid on ebay Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 12 05-20-2006 06:57 PM
Holiday Ebay sales - opinions please Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 5 12-13-2005 02:19 PM
Returns on ebay sales issue Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 11 02-26-2002 06:56 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 AM.


ebay GSB