NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-25-2021, 11:28 PM

Default Sirius sports cards

Looking for a little help here. I have been trying to get in contact with anyone at Sirius Sports Cards without any luck. I have sent emails and no response, I have called their number but their message box is full. Does anyone know how to reach them outside of their listed email and phone number?
Old 08-26-2021, 01:04 AM

There was a previous thread about this very issue...not much help, but at least you know you are not being singled out.

https://net54baseball.com/showthread...ghlight=sirius

Seems to be Seriously unresolved issue with Sirius.

Brian
Old 08-26-2021, 07:10 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Good Luck

And patience

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 08-26-2021, 08:02 AM
Jay Shumsky

If you find a way that works, please let everyone else know what it is.
Old 08-26-2021, 09:03 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

I was never successful, just glad I paid with paypal because they would not respond to them either so I was refunded.

Lesson learned.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 08-26-2021 at 09:04 AM.
Old 08-26-2021, 09:39 AM
�tis J�hns�n

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshum View Post
If you find a way that works, please let everyone else know what it is.
I've posted this before, but I emailed Auction Report and told them one of their advertisers was unresponsive and that it reflected poorly on them (Auction Report). The AH contacted me the next day.
Old 08-26-2021, 10:06 AM
Reed Oliff

Default No one answers...You do not even get a copy of the back of the card.

No one answers...You do not even get a copy of the back of the card.
However, I have purchased often and had no issues.
Old 08-26-2021, 02:04 PM
Tony S.ti.ns.a
Tony Stins.a

Default same here

I have bought from them for years, always had good luck with what I purchased, no problems.

But I have never ever been able to contact a single person there when I have tried.

It has to be deliberate in their business model - it cannot be an oversight.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it eat the dogfood
Old 08-27-2021, 01:23 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram99 View Post
I have bought from them for years, always had good luck with what I purchased, no problems.

But I have never ever been able to contact a single person there when I have tried.

+1 agreed

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 08-27-2021, 05:31 PM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram99 View Post

Agree he always ships promptly. He is one of the few good guys in the AH Business along with Scott, REA, Sterling, LOT ect I’m sure I’m missing a few buy these are the first that come to mind.

Last edited by Johnny630; 08-27-2021 at 05:31 PM.
Old 08-28-2021, 07:33 AM
Ian H@ll

I won 2 lots in the auction that ended on 7/29/2021. I've bid before, but that's the first time I've won cards in a Sirius auction.

I mailed a check the following Monday (8/2/2021). Cards shipped about a week after that, and arrived to me with no issues.

The odd part is that my check wasn't deposited. I sent a message through the 'Contact Us' area of their website to confirm that the payment was received. Unlike most of the feedback here, I got a response the next day saying the check would be deposited soon.

I've never had anyone (eBay, auction house, etc..) send me a card before payment was 'confirmed', but I have zero complaints on their communication and how soon they shipped the cards.
Sold to: Sean1125, sayitaintso, IgnatiusJReilly, hockeyhockey, mocean, wondo, Casey2296, Belfast1933, Yoda, Peter_Spaeth, hxcmilkshake, kaddyshack, OhioCardCollector, Gorditadogg, Jay Wolt, ClementeFanOh, JollyElm, EddieZ, 4reals, uyu906
Old 08-28-2021, 01:47 PM
Jay Shumsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
Agree he always ships promptly. He is one of the few good guys in the AH Business along with Scott, REA, Sterling, LOT ect I’m sure I’m missing a few buy these are the first that come to mind.
He may ship promptly, but not sure I would include him on a list of good guys in the AH business since all the ones you listed actually respond to questions in a timely manner. That's a big part of running an AH since it helps the consigner get better prices since bidders are more likely to bid more on a card if they have their questions about it answered.
Old 12-28-2021, 04:11 PM
Drew W@i$e

Customer service is severely lacking.
Old 12-28-2021, 05:24 PM
Jay Shumsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkplace33 View Post
Customer service is severely lacking.
Just curious what happened. Did you try to contact and get no response like others (myself included) posted or something else?
Old 12-28-2021, 05:37 PM
Johnny MaZilli

Sadly I had to give up :-( . Last Tuesday I emailed, texted, called, sent a message through the website and email along with a phone call with no answer, call back, or email response back, nothing. I’m working on a high grade 1965 Topps Set and was trying to obtain a back scan to the card I was interested in bidding on for my set. I even followed up a second time via email requesting a picture of the back scan.....sadly still nothing. I’ve spent thousands of dollars with this AH over the past few years, it’s sad but I’ve learned my lesson. Never again.
Old 12-28-2021, 05:45 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Sadly I had to give up :-( . Last Tuesday I emailed, texted, called, sent a message through the website and email along with a phone call with no answer, call back, or email response back, nothing. I’m working on a high grade 1965 Topps Set and was trying to obtain a back scan to the card I was interested in bidding on for my set. I even followed up a second time via email requesting a picture of the back scan.....sadly still nothing. I’ve spent thousands of dollars with this AH over the past few years, it’s sad but I’ve learned my lesson. Never again.
As I've said before, leave a message that you have 500K of cards you're looking to consign.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 12-28-2021, 05:48 PM
Charles Jackson

I agree with Peter. The chance of them responding is higher if you raise the urgency above wanting to see the back a card.

They have responded to me in the past via their sirius@smart.net email, but it wasn't until I started to get a little aggressive in my tone.

Last edited by cgjackson222; 12-28-2021 at 05:48 PM.
Old 12-28-2021, 06:13 PM
Jay Shumsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjackson222 View Post
I agree with Peter. The chance of them responding is higher if you raise the urgency above wanting to see the back a card.

They have responded to me in the past via their sirius@smart.net email, but it wasn't until I started to get a little aggressive in my tone.
I'm not sure what you mean by "get a little aggressive in my tone." The card I was trying to get a back scan of was graded PSA 3 MC, but the front looked fine so I wanted to see the back. It was a Leaf Newhouser which sold for under $2K. I didn't want to bid that high without seeing the back. If they aren't willing to respond to emails asking about a higher priced card, I'm not interested in bidding with them again, and I certainly wouldn't consign anything with them since there are many other AHs that I know offer superior customer service instead of potentially costing consigners money by not providing information about cards they have in an auction.
Old 12-28-2021, 06:21 PM
Charles Jackson

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean by "get a little aggressive in my tone." The card I was trying to get a back scan of was graded PSA 3 MC, but the front looked fine so I wanted to see the back. It was a Leaf Newhouser which sold for under $2K. I didn't want to bid that high without seeing the back. If they aren't willing to respond to emails asking about a higher priced card, I'm not interested in bidding with them again, and I certainly wouldn't consign anything with them since there are many other AHs that I know offer superior customer service instead of potentially costing consigners money by not providing information about cards they have in an auction.
I agree that they should post a picture of the back of the card, and it is definitely one of my pet peeves when backs aren't shown. And you shouldn't have to repeatedly email them for a response. When I say I got a little aggressive in my language, I mean that I was openly calling them out for being unrespodive in their communications. It wasn't until I vented my frustrations with them over email that they responded. Could have just been a coincidence. I suppose if more people took a stand against purchasing through them because they don't list the backs of the cards (even after requests), they would be forced to do so.

Last edited by cgjackson222; 12-29-2021 at 12:28 AM.
Old 12-28-2021, 06:31 PM
Jay Shumsky

It looks like most (if not all) of the cards they have in their auctions are graded so I guess that's why they don't routinely post the back of the card. Unless the card is lower grade or has a qualifier, you can usually figure that the back is clean so I'm sure it saves a lot of time to only post the front.

Hunt Auctions only posts the front of cards routinely, but I have contacted them multiple times asking for pictures of card backs, and they have always responded and sent them to me. That is the level of customer service I would expect from any AH.
Old 12-28-2021, 07:33 PM
Tony Conte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
As I've said before, leave a message that you have 500K of cards you're looking to consign.

Don't bet on it. The best solution to the poor service is to do what I did.
I stopped consigning, bidding, and therefore buying from them. All is good
now!
Old 12-28-2021, 08:26 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by aconte View Post
Don't bet on it. The best solution to the poor service is to do what I did.
I stopped consigning, bidding, and therefore buying from them. All is good
now!
So someone has poor service, and as a result you deny yourself cards they might have that you want. Doesn't sound very productive to me.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 12-28-2021, 09:15 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean by "get a little aggressive in my tone." The card I was trying to get a back scan of was graded PSA 3 MC, but the front looked fine so I wanted to see the back. It was a Leaf Newhouser which sold for under $2K.
We have one coming up soon. You won't even have to ask for a back picture
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 12-29-2021, 08:42 AM
Drew W@i$e

Quote:
Just curious what happened. Did you try to contact and get no response like others (myself included) posted or something else?
Prior experiences. I will leave it at that.
Old 12-29-2021, 10:32 AM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
That’s so funny yet so true !

“Cards don’t trump all, Money trumps all”.
Old 12-29-2021, 10:49 AM
Glenn

Default Sirius Sports Cards

Customer service does mean something... it does count in my eyes...
If I have a question, and I get no response; and I wait a few days and try again and get no response, I just do not bid...
I know that may be viewed as easy for me to to say, but I stand by it... and, I recently had that situation with another Auction House.

Glenn
Old 12-30-2021, 02:58 AM
Johnny MaZilli

Update.

I received a back scan via email of the card last night.
Old 12-30-2021, 05:11 AM
Ne@l K

Quote:
So someone has poor service, and as a result you deny yourself cards they might have that you want. Doesn't sound very productive to me.
Do not cross your T ....

Successful transactions with Peter Spaeth, Phil Garry, Don Hontz, JStottlemire, maj78, bcbgcbrcb, secondhandwatches, esehobmbre, Leon, Jetsfan, Brian Van Horn, Brian Dwyer, MGHPro, DeanH, canofcorn, Zigger Zagger, conor912, RayBShotz, Jay Wolt, AConte, Halbig Vintage and many others
Old 12-30-2021, 07:59 AM
Jay Shumsky

Quote:
Update.

I received a back scan via email of the card last night.
Wow, that's hard to believe, but I'm glad you actually got a response. It would be nice to know what the secret to your success was.
Old 12-30-2021, 08:10 AM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Wow, that's hard to believe, but I'm glad you actually got a response. It would be nice to know what the secret to your success was.
I will say it was very nice to get a reply with the back scan prior to the end of the auction.

All I did was send a message via the website last Tuesday along with a couple follow up emails later in the week and a text message requesting same.
Old 12-30-2021, 01:50 PM
ja.mes na.higian

Default Sirius

I have posted info on them b4 - perhaps a different thread?

Anyway, I have utilized them extensively as a buyer and seller since they commenced DAY ONE.

They are kind of a poor man's auction site. Their fees are considerably less than others. Their service therefore (IMO) is considerably less than others. That said, for the past two years during the pandemic, their service is the same as most others.

Do not bother calling them - you will never get an answer or be able to leave a message that is retrieved.

Do EMAIL them. Generally, they do not respond within a reasonable time frame. If you email them multiple times on the same front, you might get an answer swifter.

I do know one of the principals name is Michael. Do not know his last name. He has personally assisted me multiple times over the years. That said, you must be extremely patient.

I think their service is excellent. I have never had one error and this goes back over ten years with buying in every auction, and consigning 500+ slabs annually. They payout about 4-6 weeks after auction's end. Never had one of their checks come back.

Hope this helps: As a collector of mostly 1950s thru 1980 baseball, football and basketball I feel Sirius is perfect for selling lower value cards. They capture reasonable hammer prices and their fees are low. Generally speaking, I sell mostly slabs with a value of $100 or less with them and have always realized my bottom line NET on these is much greater than eBay, or PWCC, etc.
Old 12-30-2021, 07:04 PM
G@nn0n
G@nnon As.ip

They're a good dealer. I once had to contact them and it took me a couple of times to get a response. But they've always been solid with me.
Old 12-30-2021, 09:24 PM
Br1an N0Iff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgannon View Post
They're a good dealer. I once had to contact them and it took me a couple of times to get a response. But they've always been solid with me.
If you’re selling an item and it takes multiple requests to get a simple answer, how is that being a good dealer? I call that very poor customer service.
Old 12-31-2021, 08:41 AM
G@nn0n
G@nnon As.ip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintboy View Post
If you’re selling an item and it takes multiple requests to get a simple answer, how is that being a good dealer? I call that very poor customer service.
They are a good dealer in that they sell great cards at fair prices. They didn't get back to me immediately, but they did get back. Ideally you would want as fast a response as possible. I'm not saying their customer service is great. But my experience with them has been that they are great sellers, and there has been no overall need to contact them in the first place.
Old 12-31-2021, 12:11 PM
ja.mes na.higian

Default Agree with Gannon

Their customer service is excellent, except in communication. i would grade them a D- on that front, but solid B and above on every other front.