NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-13-2005, 09:19 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Marquard Auto's

Posted By: T206Collector

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8737621247&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

If you pursuaded YorktownSC to end this auction early and buy them off-line, I want to buy them from you. Please e-mail me!

Old 12-13-2005, 10:20 AM
Administrator

Posted By: david

not knowing exactly what they were sold for offline i would guess that the seller left a lot of money on the table. i was willing to pretty much willing to go as high as it took to win the cards. this is one sellers auctions i can ignore now.

Old 12-13-2005, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe Jones

What would a fred clarke autographed T206 be worth?

Old 12-13-2005, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Posted By: DJ

This is my biggest eBay pet peeve. My buying partner and I talked about this lot (one for him, one for me) and placed a nice esnipe. This is after all placed in an auction format an cancelled early because I guess an offer that was too good to pass up instead of committing to the auction. I won't be buying from Yorktown anymore.

DJ

Old 12-13-2005, 11:01 AM
Administrator

Posted By: JimB

How much do you all think those cards are worth individually?
JimB

Old 12-13-2005, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill

The cards were not sold off line. They were a consignment and the consignor threw a fit because I listed them with no reserve because I felt it was not needed. Long story short, I am returning them and a few other items to the owner and I am sure they will be for sale again somewhere else soon. You might want to ask questions before jumping to conclusions. It is not always about the $$$... or I guess with you guys it mostly is....

Old 12-13-2005, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: zach

Sorry to tell you but with todays market when a collector is watching an ebay auction it is not uncommon for it to end early and be sold offline. How was everyone supposed to know this was different ?

Old 12-13-2005, 01:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason

I bid on the lot too. It is disappointing when you are looking forward to a rare peice, but as some of you whiners and moaners tend to do alot you jump to conclusions. I was frustrated too, but we didn't know exactly the true reason the cards were pulled....... point being is that as owner of the items he has every right to do with them what he pleases. If you don't like it then just don't bid. Sometimes I think adults cry and whine more than babies. Some of you need to go back on the tit. I personally don't bid on seller's auctions that tend to do this alot, but it looks like he had a lgoical explanation.

Old 12-13-2005, 02:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

I am by no means an expert on autographs (which is why I stay way from them) but, those two autographs do not seem to be similar in the style of the autograph. Does anyone have a check signed by Rube? Another question, his real name was Richard William Marqurd, did he not sign using his real name?

Bill, I do not know if you are knowledgable in autographs but they were in your hands what do you think?

Just another pessimist on the board, but this stuff drives me nuts as to how anyone can authenticate autographs.

Lee

Old 12-13-2005, 04:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JimB

Here is a copy of mine. Apparently he lived to a ripe old age and signed a handful of T206s for collectors in the late 70's. There was another thread on this about 6 months ago.
JimB

I have no interest in selling this, but I am curious as to what people think the value might be. Thanks.

Old 12-13-2005, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Both Marquards were in fact authentic and I was really looking forward to adding one to my collection...call it a present for myself during the holiday. Zach is right. How were we supposed to know anything but the explanation which was:

The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale.

Geez....

DJ

Old 12-13-2005, 06:10 PM
Administrator

...I sent two e-mails to the seller to inquire about the status of the cards. When those e-mails were not returned, I made this post. I purchased four T206 autographed Marquards about three years ago. I was selfishly hoping to corner the market.

I will say that my Marquards were signed along the edge, unlike these.

http://www.sgccardregistry.com/images.asp?cardid=28126&usetid=1015

Old 12-13-2005, 10:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: tbob

I'm glad Bill presented what happened as I have always found him to be a great person to buy cards from and have had many transactions with him and never been disappointed.

Old 12-14-2005, 06:59 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bryan

Enough! Stop the whining. The seller has every right to do what he or she wants. They do not owe anyone anything until the auction ends, especially the people that are just "watching."

Seriously, you look like fools complaining about the seller without knowing the truth. How are you to know you ask? Well if it is no longer for sale then that is about all you need to know.

Some people on this board are enough to make a person want to quit collecting.

Old 12-14-2005, 09:30 AM
Administrator

Bry,

I have been burned several times by sellers who quit on an auction to sell outside the auction format. A lot of sellers who are "questioned about something" often come into the VBC and politely explain themselves. Bill went into the defensive.

This is after all a Forum to share information and I'm pretty sure that this thread didn't need your little fit.

DJ

Old 12-14-2005, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bryan

DJ,

We all have been burned by sellers ending their auction early. It has become a part of the hobby, like it or not. Get over it.

I highly suggest you go reread the thread. You were the one who said you won't buy from Yorktown anymore. And in no way can anything Bill said be considered "going on the defensive." He was simply stating the truth and correcting yours and others assumption.

Edited to say:

Go ahead and make whatever comment you need to in order to make yourself feel justified. I will not be responding. I have no desire to engage in a pissing contest, the one thing I absolutely can not stand about this board.

I am here to talk about cards but all of the recent bickering needs to be addressed. Don't think I am the only one that feels this way. You may be ok with it but others are absolutely annoyed by it.

Bryan

Old 12-14-2005, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Bryan,

I'm not here to fight either and I will say my peace and move on. Bickering does know one any good.

I just felt that your post wasn't necessary and kind of aimed toward me in a kind of an attack of sorts. After all, didn't you call me a "fool"? Isn't that name calling in some way?

It's happened a couple times to me and I chose not to deal with the seller. I didn't like the seller's defensive manner in dealing with the matter and you know what Bryan, I don't have to deal with him (or anyone) if I don't want to. I felt there was no need to put your two cents in this thread with your post.

Hey, I'm the first to admit that many of us our petty on this board in comparison to the problems in the world. But this board collects people opinions and "complaints" and there is no way someone should tell me that my complaint is petty and doesn't matter, especially since it didn't involve you personally. If you don't have anything positive and valuable to add to a post or don't like what's going, skip it, ignore it, move on.

That's all.

DJ

Old 12-14-2005, 02:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John

I really can’t blame Bill for getting ticked, and I really don’t think his comment was that nasty. Some of you made accusations that he did the old “off ebay shuffle” which does happen quite a bit. You did assume and you know the old saying…. you know what happens when we assume.

I too was watching another card that was ended because of this consignor, I emailed Bill and asked why it was ended. In Bill’s defense he responded quickly and explained the issue. I too have nothing but good things to say about Bill and his company; I have had several good transactions with him as well. I think keeping him on your list of people to do business with would be a wise choice, he’s good seller IMO.

Now if he could have just sold that damn Plank to me for $100 so my wife didn’t get to yell at me for 20mins when she say my bid price on the card (which I lost by the way). So Bill if your reading this you owe me some free cards to offset the retaliation shopping spree that my wife went on due to my involvement in that auction!

Old 12-30-2005, 11:55 AM
Administrator

...the Brown Hindu Marquard sold for 1,231 on June 13, 2005 in the MastroNet auction.

http://catalog.mastronet.com/index.cfm?action=DisplayContent&ContentName=Lot%20Information&LotIndex=46787&CurrentRow=121

Old 12-30-2005, 12:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Shannon

Im with Lee on this one, they both look different to me. Also Jims and the one sold on MastroNet looks different than the ones offered by yorktown. Jims and Mastronets look the same.