NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Lyman Hardeman

Default December Hold'em

Tournament #12 (the final tourney of the Old Cardboard 2010 Texas Hold'em Series for vintage collectors) begins tonight at 20:30 EST (7:30 pm Texas Time). All collectors of vintage cards and memorabilia are invited to participate.

Details can be found on the Old Cardboard website at:

http://www.oldcardboard.com/misc/pok...2010-poker.asp.

Tonight's tourney is PokerStars #316019228; password for access is t3t4t5. Feel free to email or call with any questions.

Good luck to all,
Lyman

Lyman Hardeman
editor@oldcardboard.com
512-231-9594
Old 12-21-2010, 11:58 PM
Lyman Hardeman

Default Congrats to Rob Miller

Starting with a total of thirteen players on two tables, Rob Miller (Vanslykefan) was the last player standing in last night's Hold'em tourney. He was also the winnner of the entire 2010 Series, coming in first place with a total of 37 points for the series. Our hats off to Rob.

The Leaderboard results for the series have now been posted on the Old Cardboard website at http://www.oldcardboard.com/misc/pok...eaderboard.asp.

As seen on the Leaderboard, Andrew Adaboi (PDXPCL) came in second for the 2010 series, followed by your's truly (OldCardboard) and Brett Hardeman (BrettHardemn). Joshua Levine (Wite3) and Steve Murray (2005XKR) tied for fifth. All will recieve mini-trophies for the series. Rob Miller wins the roving trophy and bragging rights for 2011.

We are planning a fourth annual series for 2011 beginning the fourth Tuesday in January. I will post the new schedule and details sometime in early January.

Thanks again to all who participated in 2010. We look forward to another great series next year.

Lyman
Old 12-22-2010, 12:07 AM
Luke Lyon

Default Nice work Rob,

Do you play any higher stakes (than free)? I just ask cuz if so, we have some common interests. Anyways, congrats.

Luke
Old 12-22-2010, 05:54 AM
Rob Miller

Thanks Lyman, I will proudly hold the trophy in 2011 with dignity and respect!!

Luke, I used to play a lot more "home" games but when friends moved away or lost interest that kind of ended. Once in a while I will head down to Atlantic City and play a tournament or two and sit at the 1-2 table but that's about it. Thanks for the congrats!

Last edited by Robextend; 12-22-2010 at 05:55 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:11 AM
Steve Murray

Big stack bully.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Rob Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacklitsch View Post
Big stack bully.
Steve, I'm looking forward to battling you in 2011!
Old 12-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Rawn Hill

Default poker

I really look forward to next years games.

Rawn
Old 12-22-2010, 09:07 PM

Congrats Rob, you're a very good player. Another fun year, the escalated point scale for winning or coming in second was a nice change. Maybe rank by average finish (minimum 6 games) in case someone misses a month or two.

It's all good either way.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:00 PM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

Steve and I tied for fourth/fifth...needed one more point...oh well...good games this year. Looking forward to next year. Thanks again gentlemen.

Joshua
Old 12-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Steve Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wite3 View Post
Steve and I tied for fourth/fifth...needed one more point...oh well...good games this year. Looking forward to next year. Thanks again gentlemen.

Joshua
As it turns out Joshua, Rawn also tied with you and me for 5th. His July 5th place point was omitted from the totals and that point gave each of us 17 points.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:58 PM
Lyman Hardeman

Just a note to confirm Steve's statement above that Rawn Hill (billcarrigan) did qualify for 17 points and a three-way tie for fifth place. I have updated the Leaderboard according. Sorry, Rawn, for the delayed acknowledgement. There was some confusion about Tournament #7 that has now been resolved.

Thus, there will be mini-trophies awarded to seven players, counting the three in fifth place. Again, congrats to all, and thanks to all who participated.

Hope everyone has a great Holiday and is ready to join the fun in the 2011 Series beginning with Tournament #1 on January 25. Details will be posted by mid-January at least a week or so before the first tournament.

Lyman
Old 12-27-2010, 10:42 AM
Steve Murray

Just so y'all know I look to get it back next year.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:46 PM
Rob Miller

Awesome looking trophy...I am honored to have my name added with the past winners.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:49 PM
Rawn Hill

Default poker

Congrats again Rob, looking forward to the next year. As you may know, January is my month.

Sounds like a side wager going on with Steve.

Rawn

Last edited by carrigansghost; 12-27-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:40 AM
Rob Miller

Got the trophy today, thanks Steve for the lightning fast delivery.