NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-17-2013, 11:08 PM
Scott Evans

Default Introduction

Hello Everyone. I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My name is Scott and I used to collect cards with my father when I was a child. He collected Johnny Bench and Cincinnati Reds, and I collected Ryne Sandberg/Cubs. We used to go to card shows back in the day when you could find 4-5 shows a weekend and find a Local Card Shop without having to look one up. I stopped collecting when I was about 15 and took on other en devours however I have always had a love for the hobby and keep in touch with it.

I recently picked up the hobby again about two years ago. Now I mainly collect modern football cards of a particular player including 77 unique certified autos and about 200 insert/base/mem cards of said player. However I have always had a interest in Vintage baseball cards for the seer history and look of the cards. I heard about this forum from the book "The Card" and other sites and have been lurking for a bit. Out of the other forums I have been to this one seems like a lot of fun and full of a lot of knowledge.

I love T206 cards and have always had the thought that they are just way out of my price range so I just look at other posts and drool. I would like to share with you all two T206 cards I picked up recently at a decent price. Now mind you they are not huge names in the game, however I love them. Its cool to hold a card that is over 100 years old and I love the hobby. I don't need a $1000 card to enjoy it.

I have found some nice sites on different backs etc, but if anyone has some tips for me as I venture into this T206 addiction it would be greatly appreciated. If you read this far, thank you for your time and have a great night.

Scott

Old 04-17-2013, 11:10 PM
Eric Shaeffer

Welcome aboard Scott!
Old 04-17-2013, 11:23 PM
Sean Costello

Welcome Scott. My best advice is :enjoy yourself. Collect what you like. If you plan to collect the whole T206 set on a limited budget, it will take some time, but it can be done. Don't be intimidated by our advanced collections.

It sounds like you won't be going after rare backs, but if you want to learn about them try the T206RESOURCE.com website.If you don't want to collect the entire set there are infinite subsets:
Hall of Famers;
Portrait poses only;
One or more specific teams;
Every player with one specific back;
One specific player with every possible back.
And many other variations. So take your time, decide what you want to collect, do some research, ask us any questions you may have, and HAVE FUN. Good luck.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:30 PM
Chris Browne
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans1979 View Post
Its cool to hold a card that is over 100 years old and I love the hobby. I don't need a $1000 card to enjoy it.
+1.

Welcome aboard
Old 04-17-2013, 11:46 PM
Steven Finley

Welcome friend. You will find a ton of knowledgeable and unique collectors here, as well as a few insane ones. (But they keep it fun.) Be cautious, T206's are addicting. I paused early this year around the 100 plateau to work on other projects and decided I would return to the set next year or later. Sunday I came across one I couldn't pass up and I've picked up another half dozen this week. They call it The Monster for a reason.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:09 AM
Ken Madden
Ken.neth D. M@dden

Welcome aboard the crazy train of T206! It's been a 35 year ride for me so far and I'm not sure it won't crash in the end.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:59 AM

Hello

Lots cool stuff to see.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:37 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

welcome aborard! u in the right place exp if your into T cards. Rerad through the old posts alot of info in here.
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:26 AM
Jason Stricker

Welcome to the group. T206s are the way to go!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:41 AM
Ad@m Be11

Welcome aboard. I'm sure if you've been lurking that you've already learned a lot about the T206s. The T206 Resource site is loaded with information, the T206 Collection book is great to learn about the players, and I've found some great information reading Scot Reader's Inside T206 which you can download for free online. The best thing about t206 is that there are a lot out there and if you go low grade, the set can be done on a budget if you are wise and patient. In addition there are so many ways it can be collected. It can be addicting so give yourself a guideline to follow so you don't get overly swept up.

Good luck with your collecting!
E106: 4/48
E210-1: Completed December 2013
R319: 43/240
Old 04-18-2013, 07:06 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Welcome Scott. My best advice is :enjoy yourself. Collect what you like. If you plan to collect the whole T206 set on a limited budget, it will take some time, but it can be done. Don't be intimidated by our advanced collections.

It sounds like you won't be going after rare backs, but if you want to learn about them try the T206RESOURCE.com website.If you don't want to collect the entire set there are infinite subsets:
Hall of Famers;
Portrait poses only;
One or more specific teams;
Every player with one specific back;
One specific player with every possible back.
And many other variations. So take your time, decide what you want to collect, do some research, ask us any questions you may have, and HAVE FUN. Good luck.
What he said.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 04-18-2013, 07:54 AM
nels0n aud.et

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post

Welcome !!!
You can build a T206 set in low grade for reasonable price if you are patient...It is easy to find comon player with regular back for 15-20 $ ...

Last edited by g_vezina_c55; 04-18-2013 at 07:57 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:22 AM
And.rew C0rs0

Welcome to the board. I applaud you for a much more articulate introduction than my own a few days ago. I love your sentiment that it is cool to hold a card that is over 100 years old. I collect T206 not for their intrinsic value as collectibles but because of their historic legacy. These are real historic artifacts vividly portraying an important era in the formative years or our National Pastime. They are like museum pieces in their own right. Every one of them tells a story -- the artwork is gorgeous, the cards are attractive, the players are so rich in their personal narratives. I enjoy learning about these players and gaining a better appreciation of the history of baseball through their backgrounds.

The prices are still quite reasonable when you consider the legacy of this series, the players represented, and the age of the cards. If handled and displayed properly it is like having your own personal museum of baseball history.

I very much appreciate and agree with your sentiments.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Scott Evans

Thank you everyone for the kind words and tips. I look forward to reading some great stuff here and looking at some beautiful cards. I have the bug now, I read the threads here about twice a day. Now its time to go back and read pages and pages to get caught up