NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-23-2003, 04:58 PM
Administrator

Default Unaltered?? Corners look clipped to me.

Posted By: dan mckee

I was explaining to the seller that altered doesn't always mean for the better, clipped corners is altered. And I got blasted with a "then DON'T BID" Well, I do not bid on cut up cards usually but thought the seller should mention this in his description.
Is this the guy that just got raped on the T206 set in a recent auction?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2774771957

Old 12-23-2003, 05:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason

Dan-

Your "smart ass" response warranted mine so if you dont like the card simply DO NOT BID! There are many t206s that get slabbed with "alblum" corners. If you want to call it altered then so be it. All of my product simply has a 100% RETURN POLICY if you are not happy. Since I listed about 400 cards this week from the set I ran copied canned descriptions. I pulled out well over 100+ cards of the set that were in fact short, trimmed, had back damage or had ink. I have never deserved a person to troll my auctions and try to downgrade my good rep and name by throwing me all over a thread. I am sure you must have nothing better to do tonight but to troll and try to upset different peoples auctions. I guarantee everybody legitimate that wins my auctions are happy. Ask a few members of this board! Please leave my auctions alone. YES.......I did get raped on the set considering SCP was way off in not telling me about the damage/trimmed cards that I DID NOT list on ebay.

regards,
Jason

Old 12-23-2003, 05:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

Most of these auction houses tell you "no returns, ask questions before bidding". So what are you supposed to ask them: "Are you lying in your description?"

When you receive a lot and it is not in the condition described in the catalog, what can you do?

Old 12-23-2003, 05:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MW

<< So what are you supposed to ask them: "Are you lying in your description?" >>

Good point.

Old 12-23-2003, 07:18 PM
Administrator

Runscott-

Actually I did talk with Dan from SCP and he stated that they did not seem to find any trimmed cards in the lot. He went on to say they had purchased the lot from Mastronet and they indeed did not find any cards to be trimmed. Hmmm.....I wish I knew how to post some scan of the cards I found to be trimmed on here. Some were more than obvious. I can understand 10-20 "slipping" by in a 517 card set, but 120+??? with trimming, back damage, ink??? That is OK. THe guy that purchased the set with me is looking into it and hopefully can get somewhere with SCP. If indeed he doesn't we will no longer buy from them. My question is how can so many seem to "Slide" past these so called experts. I thought I was a novice compared to these guys. Again stick with sellers you can trust.

Old 12-23-2003, 11:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: BCD

But brutally honest thus they would no doubt hang up th phone!

Old 12-23-2003, 11:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

The dumb question of the day:

What is SCP? I woould like to know so I can avoid it.

Jason, One question. Why did you not at least mention in the description whether a caard is creased or not? I have bid on many of your auctions but on the low end because I am not sure if the card has a crease or not.

Lee

Old 12-23-2003, 11:34 PM
Administrator

SCP = Sports Cards Plus

Old 12-23-2003, 11:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

I thought they were suppose to be one of the good guys?

Old 12-23-2003, 11:50 PM
Administrator

"edited

Old 12-24-2003, 07:21 AM
Administrator

Lee-

I did not have the time to do separate unique descriptions. All I can say is that if the scan doesnt pick it up and you are not happy just return it for a full refund within reasonable time. I try to provide the clearest scans possible. Also I think my BINs are reasonable. SCP=Sports Cards Plus. All of the cards on ebay are good ones. I took all the junk out of the set. That is why I listed only about 300+ cards out of it in singles. 90% of these have no creases. Overall the ones I listed are VG+. Most of the low end range from G-VG. THere are serveral VGEX in there also.

Old 12-24-2003, 09:44 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

although the description is false. "There are many graded cards which have "album corners"--YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING! I own a 19th century photo with clipped corners, ands it's acceptable to me, but I don't kid myself that it's in mint condition.

Old 12-24-2003, 09:46 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

Excuse me.

Old 12-24-2003, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

Julie-

Dan is forwarding you my email to him. My description NEVER states the card is in MINT condition. It clearly states it is part of a group of G-VGEX cards. The corners may have been clipped or they came off when pulled from an alblum but I guarnatee any of mine are not altered. If a grading company like PSA, SGC, or GAI would happen to return it I would refund the buyer. I really don't see the big issue here. It sounds to me like somebody who started the post must have a lot of time to troll and scrutenize other's legitimate auctions. Ask anyone on this board who I have done business with or talked with what kind of person I am. I would hardly try to pass a t206 common that was not good by for $20 or whatever they will bring. My time it takes to list the auction is worth more than that. And YES.....I have seen some cards in holders that appear to have those types of corners.

Old 12-24-2003, 09:50 AM
Administrator

Sorry.I forgot to poat my name in the previous response.