NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-15-2013, 06:30 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Thanks for the nice write up, Bob, concerning the orange E94s. I think it's been discussed a few times but it never hurts to have a refresher. And I don't think I remember Brian having all of the oranges he did, but I am sure he did. He has had a lot of good cards.

Here is another E94-type....M131.... The crease doesn't bother me too much and it's not like I would find another at a good price... I picked this one up back in the day and only paid a few hundred for it, I think.

Old 03-15-2013, 11:14 PM

If all the oranges were that nice it makes me wonder if they were ever "released". That said, given that Cobbs do not generally exist in greater numbers in any other color, I doubt he was double print on an orange sheet. My guess would be just that very few sheets were made and perhaps one person kept a group while somehow only Cobb survived from another sheet. This is only conjecture.
JimB
Old 03-16-2013, 02:40 AM
Pete Costanzo

Default E94 Orange's

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93 View Post
If all the oranges were that nice it makes me wonder if they were ever "released". That said, given that Cobbs do not generally exist in greater numbers in any other color, I doubt he was double print on an orange sheet. My guess would be just that very few sheets were made and perhaps one person kept a group while somehow only Cobb survived from another sheet. This is only conjecture.
JimB
Thanks for chiming in everyone on the oranges, as I've known about the 2 Cobb's for a while, but couldn't make heads or tails of them with the thought of there only being one sheet produced. Leon, yours is a beauty! I agree Jim, it seems like the ones known are in super sharp condition and probably weren't released. Although possible Bob, it would seem 2 Cobb's on one sheet would be quite odd. Just as odd is Brian had a bunch, but not all the players. I think you're right that it was a test balloon or on accident. My guess is there were a couple of sheets produced and the ones not known are tucked away in a collection we'll see down the road. The 2 Cobb's made it out to the market first being the most valuable card in the set. I'm looking forward to seeing a few more oranges show up down the road!
Old 03-16-2013, 02:40 AM
Alan U

Upside down back Devore

e94devore1.jpg
Old 03-16-2013, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93 View Post
JimB
The two SGC slabbed cards which came from Lionel Carter (Leon's and mine) are nice but 20 and a 30. They definitely look to have been released. The rest of mine are PSA 6s and 7s and as I recall the Cobb and McGraw were also 7s, not sure what the Speaker was. You may have something when you suggest that perhaps this group which Daniels once had were never released as they are so nice, very unusual for E94s. I think Scott Elkins might know a little bit about these cards as I remember my Devore came from him (he bought it from Daniels) and he had at least one orange (maybe more) himself than he bought from Daniels. I don't know if Scott still reads these boards or not...
Old 03-16-2013, 11:55 AM
Pete Costanzo

Default E94 Orange Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbob View Post
The two SGC slabbed cards which came from Lionel Carter (Leon's and mine) are nice but 20 and a 30. They definitely look to have been released. The rest of mine are PSA 6s and 7s and as I recall the Cobb and McGraw were also 7s, not sure what the Speaker was. You may have something when you suggest that perhaps this group which Daniels once had were never released as they are so nice, very unusual for E94s. I think Scott Elkins might know a little bit about these cards as I remember my Devore came from him (he bought it from Daniels) and he had at least one orange (maybe more) himself than he bought from Daniels. I don't know if Scott still reads these boards or not...
Bob, I think the Speaker was an SGC 80/6 if I can remember. Saw it a couple of yrs ago.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:50 AM
Steven Sadler

Time to bump this thread with one more...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0008.jpg (74.8 KB, 60 views)