NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-14-2006, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Default Ebay fraud...I know it not pre-war

Posted By: Bobby

This looks like a stolen scan and posted by a seller with a good sales history of everytthing but baseball cards. Are they now trying to build a good reputation in other low end products then go for the kill on a big dollar item?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320037656346

Old 10-14-2006, 08:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

The seller has posted a pic with his ebay user ID included.

Old 10-15-2006, 01:45 AM
Administrator

Posted By: fkw

The guy covered himself fairly well with the pictures.

If I had that $$, I would obviously pick it up in person anyways.

Old 10-15-2006, 05:57 AM
Administrator

Posted By: howard

I wrote to the seller asking where he was because if I won it I would pay for and pick it up in person. He didn't specifically reply that that was okay but he did tell me he is in Oregon.

Old 10-15-2006, 08:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bobby

Just to me when you look at his feedback and see no baseball cards bought or sold and mostly knives and cheap item it rings a bell. And all of a sudden we posts a $50k plus card for sale.

Old 10-15-2006, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

I just asked the seller if I could come by to pick up the card with my payment; the seller said, "I just spoke to the seller and he said you could come and pick up the card after your check has cleared."

Gee, I feel better about bidding on this card already.

Old 10-15-2006, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

After asking if I could bring cash by and pick up the card, here is the response I received:

Calvin,
I am selling the Card for an acquaintance, I am satisfied that she is holding the Card, but there are several people here on eBay that believe this a scam, and reported me to eBay and they have restricted my account.
I have decided to close the auction just to help clear my account and rep.
I am very upset about..... if you are still interested I can provide the owners email address to you.
Sorry - John

I thought the point of the pictures was to prove that the ebay seller was the one actually holding the card?