NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-04-2016, 09:32 AM
Joe Drelich

Default CSA Shows Chantilly VA October 14-16th over 300 tables Net 54 members FREE admission!

Tired of looking at blury scans on the internet and sifting through endless listings of reprints on eBay? Come on down to the Chantilly show on October 14th-16th and hold real cards in your hands and negotiate a cash deal like the good ol' days !

Our show is in it's 19th year at the Dulles Expo Center in Chantilly, VA. We are the largest show in the country that offers FREE ADMISSION time slots each day of the show. The show building underwent a 30,000 square foot addition at the end of 2015,bringing the showroom floor to over 130,000 square feet of sports card heaven. We have dealers from 21 different states exhibiting on over 300 tables with an awesome display of vintage cards,modern cards,unopened
boxes,cases,autographs,memorabilia,supplies,etc. As well as 71 autograph guests covering all major sports, the lineup is fantastic ! We have a full list of our dealers and you can see it all on our website: www.csashows.com.

Special offers for Net54 members: If you come to the show, simply print off and show this email, and as a Net54 member you will get in for FREE! Also new Net54 members that wish to set up as a dealer and have never set up at the show before will get an extra $25 off of our table price.

CASH Giveaways We are giving away $50 and $100 in CSA Dealer Dollars randomly througout the show. No strings attached, just free money to spend with the dealers. We also have other door prizes as well as FREE SMR's,FREE card packs and Free Card binders and pages given out randomly throughout the show.

Our entire list of dealers as well as show information can be found on our website www.csashows.com.

If you plan on coming to the show or are setting up as a dealer please post a message here.

Feel free to email me directly with any questions, hope to see you there !

Joe Drelich www.csashows.com
Old 10-04-2016, 10:52 AM
B.ob L.amb

Default Chantilly

We will be set up at tables 114-116 (first row across from autograph ticket line) with our usual setup of autographed sports memorabilia. I will also have a couple showcases with pre war thru 1950's including T cards, R cards,1920's exhibits ect. Graded and Ungraded. 10% discount to NET 54 members. Stop by and say hello.

Bob
Old 10-04-2016, 12:48 PM
Val Kehl

Bob, FYI, the Dealer List for this show: http://csashows.com/?page_id=10320 shows some other dealer's name for tables 114-116.
Val
Old 10-05-2016, 06:34 AM
B.ob L.amb

That's my partner but thanks for looking.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:51 AM
Chris
Ch.ris Pa.rtin

I plan to be there
Old 10-06-2016, 04:04 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Good luck Joe and Team. Thanks for allowing our board to help spread the word. Hopefully I will get to make a near future show, either spectating or with a table. Sound like some fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-Vintage View Post
Tired of looking at blury scans on the internet and sifting through endless listings of reprints on eBay? Come on down to the Chantilly show on October 14th-16th and hold real cards in your hands and negotiate a cash deal like the good ol' days !

Our show is in it's 19th year at the Dulles Expo Center in Chantilly, VA. We are the largest show in the country that offers FREE ADMISSION time slots each day of the show. The show building underwent a 30,000 square foot addition at the end of 2015,bringing the showroom floor to over 130,000 square feet of sports card heaven. We have dealers from 21 different states exhibiting on over 300 tables with an awesome display of vintage cards,modern cards,unopened
boxes,cases,autographs,memorabilia,supplies,etc. As well as 71 autograph guests covering all major sports, the lineup is fantastic ! We have a full list of our dealers and you can see it all on our website: www.csashows.com.

Special offers for Net54 members: If you come to the show, simply print off and show this email, and as a Net54 member you will get in for FREE! Also new Net54 members that wish to set up as a dealer and have never set up at the show before will get an extra $25 off of our table price.

CASH Giveaways We are giving away $50 and $100 in CSA Dealer Dollars randomly througout the show. No strings attached, just free money to spend with the dealers. We also have other door prizes as well as FREE SMR's,FREE card packs and Free Card binders and pages given out randomly throughout the show.

Our entire list of dealers as well as show information can be found on our website www.csashows.com.

If you plan on coming to the show or are setting up as a dealer please post a message here.

Feel free to email me directly with any questions, hope to see you there !

Joe Drelich www.csashows.com
Old 10-06-2016, 04:42 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Good luck Joe and Team. Thanks for allowing our board to help spread the word. Hopefully I will get to make a near future show, either spectating or with a table. Sound like some fun
It's a kick ass show. I am mourning not being able to set up this time around.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 10-11-2016, 02:43 PM
Brian Dwyer

Robert Edward Auctions will be set up all weekend in the front row with hundreds of items from our current auction on display, including the "Lucky 7" Ty Cobb with Ty Cobb back. We'll also be accepting consignments for spring with cash advances available on the spot. Please stop by to say hello, check out our auction highlights, or consign an item.

If there's something in the current auction that you'd like to see in person specifically, please email us by Thursday.

Brian
Old 10-11-2016, 03:21 PM

SGC will also be set up at the front show. We will perform autograph authentication on site and be accepting grading submissions. We will not be grading and encapsulating cards at the show. Please stop by and take advantage of our current grading and autograph authentication specials.

http://sgccard.com/MonthlySpecials.aspx

Thanks,

Sean
Old 10-12-2016, 09:14 AM

Default Chantilly Show

FYI, Memory Lane will be set up at the show, exhibiting some of the major cards from the "Own It Now" sale (that opens tomorrow) as well as accepting consignments for our winter auction.

Regards,
Joe T.

Last edited by Vintageclout; 10-12-2016 at 12:55 PM.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:29 AM
Jason Stricker

I'll stop by Friday afternoon.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:31 AM

I will be set up at Chantilly this weekend. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Dan.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:43 AM
Hank Thomas

I'll be setting up for the first time in years, bringing some very special Senators pennants, pins, and other memorabilia from my collection. I will also have some of my books to autograph. But I'm mostly doing this show to visit with Dan McKee and get a glance at his Walter Johnson Washington Times card if I'm lucky. I'll be at table 605.
Old 10-13-2016, 07:13 PM
Brandon Bailey

I'll make it Sunday, taking my sons with me, so hoping most of the dealers stick around most of the day. I took them to a Willow Grove show last year and they have been asking when I would take them to another one ever since.
Old 10-14-2016, 04:11 PM

I enjoyed today's show and think other members would as well.

Good to see Dan McKee and Hank Thomas, as well as Alan (Jewish Collector).

Thanks to REA for signing me up for its auction. Just need to find some money...

Mark
Old 10-14-2016, 05:00 PM
Chris
Ch.ris Pa.rtin

I'm really looking forward to going tomorrow. Just happen to be in Alexandria visiting family and close enough to go!
Old 10-14-2016, 09:27 PM
+0m J()rd@N

My son and I should be there tomorrow - assuming the ride up 64/95 from Yorktown goes without a hitch. Looking forward to seeing and smelling some old cardboard.
1952 Topps - low numbers (-1)
1954 Bowman (-5)
1964 Topps Giants auto'd (-2)
Old 10-15-2016, 03:58 PM
Val Kehl

Hi Mark,
I agree with you - it's always good to see Hank Thomas - he's such a class act! On the other hand, the only good thing about seeing Dan Mckee is seeing his spectacular cards ! (Hi Dan - just teasin' ya!) The vintage cards for sale in Dan's showcases rival those that REA is displaying in their showcases from their current auction. If I could only win the lottery! I, too, enjoyed the Chantilly Show yesterday, as always. Kudos to Joe D. for the steps he is taking/has taken to better this already good show.
Val
Old 10-15-2016, 06:31 PM
Hank Thomas

Thanks, Val, I've always felt the same way about you. I hadn't set up at Chantilly in years, and am happy to see it doing well. Great to see Dan McKee, Bryan Dec, Kevin Bronson, along with the usual long-timers. With REA and Memory Lane now setting up there, this show seemed to me to be on a par with the Philly show now, more or less, not to mention the fabulous lineup of autograph guests.
Old 10-15-2016, 08:41 PM
T0dd M@rcum

I went and chugged along on a couple of sets. Had a good time. Always good to see Dave, William, Uncle Dick and some of the others. Didn't see anything that knocked my socks off and that I could afford.
Old 10-16-2016, 08:34 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark evans View Post
I enjoyed today's show and think other members would as well.

Good to see Dan McKee and Hank Thomas, as well as Alan (Jewish Collector).

Thanks to REA for signing me up for its auction. Just need to find some money...

Mark
Please let me know where to find some money as well. Any other updates from the show? Sounds likes it's been good so far....
Old 10-16-2016, 06:25 PM
Brandon Bailey

Solid show. I think the philly show is better for cards but if you are going for autographs the CSA show is better. Very happy overall. Opted for a photo op with Jim Palmer who couldn't have been better with my sons, great class guy as always. Glad it worked out that was able to make the show.
Old 10-16-2016, 06:44 PM
d.ean

I attended the show on Saturday and again today. As fellow posters have stated in the past, CSA is more of an autograph show then a vintage material show. I have seen far more vintage material at the Philly show than I ever have at CSA. The vintage material I inquired about seemed to be priced high. A psa 7 - 1958 Mantle for twice book?

That said, the show might have been the best run show that I have ever attended. I arrived around noon on Saturday and there was no line to get in and the autograph ticket line was short.

CSA had reconfigured the floor show a little so it took a minute to get my bearings. The plan was to get Dwier Brown, hit the tables, get Cepeda, more tables and then Fred Lynn. Well, the forward area was not in its usual space. I asked a dealer as to where the forward area might reside and he did not have a clue. I found the forward area. Frankly, I think this configuration worked much better. Dwier Brown could not have been a nicer guy. If he is ever signing at a show, mall, library or car dealership near you, GO, he was just awesome. Cepeda is clearly showing his age, but gave a decent signature. Fred Lynn was great as well. It is the first time that I have witnessed where the guest stood for most of the time. I am surprised that Lynn is not in politics. It was good to see the non-hofers sell well. Hopefully CSA will continue to bring in non-hofers at a decent price point.

The autograph area was ran smoothly. The PA system was spot on, I could hear every announcement clearly which kept me milling about the dealer tables as opposed to standing near the autograph chute. This time I even heard the announcement for the door prizes! Sadly, just like my powerball tickets, I did not win a door prize. The large white board with current ticket numbers for all guests was handy.

Today, attendance seemed to be much lighter. Some dealers had packed up on Saturday and by 2 pm most dealers were heading for the exits. I got Glavine and Ovechkin. Glavine was great, Ovechkin was more of a signing machine.

P.S. A fellow collector asked if I could take a picture of him and Glavine with his mobile phone and I obliged, asking if he could take a picture of my two boys and a neighborhood friend. The collector was supposed to email the picture to me. I have not received the picture. I am sure he just got my address wrong. I should have had him text the picture to me right then, but I was trying to get out of the way of other collectors. Anyway, I doubt that he is on this board, but if he is, please reach out.

Last edited by Huck; 10-16-2016 at 06:47 PM.