NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-19-2006, 03:22 PM
Administrator

Default My T206 Plank theory....and, what's your guess ?

Posted By: Ted Zanidakis

The scarcity regarding the T206 cards of Honus Wagner, Magie, and the Joe Doyle error are understood.

But, the Eddie Plank card's scarcity remains a mystery. I have a theory that suggests that Plank's T206 card
was withdrawn due to his commitment to the Philadelphia based American Caramel Co. In my opinion, the
E90-1 set was issued in 1908....1 yr before the T206 set. The Cobb (rf pos.) and the CYoung (Boston Amer.)
cards in the E90-1 set's 1st Series are evidence of this. Info on other player's 1st series cards reinforce
this 1908 date, but these two examples are more significant.

Now, let's first focus on Eddie Plank.....he was a "true-blue" Pennsylvanian, born near Gettysburg, PA....he
had his greatest pitching years with Connie Mack's A's....and lived out his life in Gettysburg.

This story in its self does not provide us with any sure proof; but, it does give us some insight into a great
HOF pitcher. However, if you compare the players in the E90-1 set vs. the T206 set, a very interesting
pattern emerges.

The 1st Series of the E90-1 set contains the following A's.....

HR Baker
Jack Barry
Chief Bender
Eddie Collins
Harry Davis
Jimmy Dygert
Heinie Heitmuller
Joe Jackson
Harry Krause
Stuffy McInnis
Eddie Plank
Ira Thomas

While the 1st (150) Series of the T206 set contains.....

Chief Bender (portrait)
Harry Davis
Eddie Plank.

To date, one example of a T206 Plank with a Piedmont 150 back (color error or proof) is known, and
less than 100 Sweet Cap (150 Fac 25) cards exist. While there are 1000's of E90-1 Plank's available.

Now, let's consider the Plank's in the T206 2nd Series. These have Sweet Caporal 350 (Fac 30) backs
The above comparison strongly indicates that Amer. Caramel initially had the "monpoly rights" on their
hometown players; therefore, preventing the T206 set designers to portray them. Further study of the
T206 2nd series, reveals that most of these A's (and additional ones) are in this 2nd series of T206's.....
and, at least initially, included Plank.

However, I am speculating that the Philly based American Caramel Co. once again forced his T206 card to
be discontiued....thereby, limiting the number of 2nd series Plank's that were actually issued.
Indeed, Plank re-appeared on subsequent E-card sets such as the E91, E93, E95, E104, and E106.

That's my theory after a good amount of homework......I'm sure you guys will "punch" holes in it.

But, more importantly.....what is your guess on why the T206 Plank is so scarce ?

TED Z

Edited to add Harry Davis to the list of T206's.

Edited again to clarify some thoughts.

Old 12-19-2006, 03:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

This is great! I like reading stuff like this. I wish I could contribute but I can't.

Old 12-19-2006, 03:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Hi TED,
Interesting post, but there are less than 10 known Plank 350's, so I doubt they were granted rights to Plank after the first series, otherwise we would see a lot more..... Be well Brian

Old 12-19-2006, 03:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: scott brockelman

Brian,

My following of the T206 Plank have led me to beleive the 350 SC is as common or more common that the 150. NOW, part of that may be the fact that the 150's are keepers and the 350's are the washed out poorly focused print runs, so maybe more people are selling 350's and keeping 150's. But, I still think the pops are about the same for both.

Scott

Old 12-19-2006, 03:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scot Reader

Hi Ted,
Interesting post. But besides Bender (Portrait) and Plank, H. Davis (H. on Front) and Nicholls (Hands on Knees) also first appear in the 150 series. I do agree with you to the extent that it was probably a contractual snafu that resulted in Plank's scarcity.
Scot

Old 12-19-2006, 03:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Mack, Coombs, and Adams were other prominent A's that were left out of T206. But are any of the three in E90-1? I think they are missing from both sets. Does that prove anything.

Old 12-19-2006, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Hal Lewis

I have a simpler theory:

In 1909, some speculator called Renatta Galasso and ordered 10,000 Plank T206 cards, thereby cornering the market.

Unfortunately, the box of cards was lost in shipping.

If it had been delivered, the Plank T206 cards would be as common as any other card.

Old 12-19-2006, 04:41 PM
Administrator

SCOT R

Thanks for correcting me about Davis and Nichols. I should have included Harry Davis, as he
is in the E90-1 set. I was making a comparison with just the A's players common to both the
E90-1 set and the T206 set.
Additional A's players from the T206 1st series are Murphy (horiz), Oldring, and Powers, but I
did not list them as they were not in the E90-1 set.

Also......
JOE JACKSON.....this theory on impact of the E90-1 set on the T206 set player selection....also,
may account for him not being in the T206 set.
I know Joe didn't really start off his career with a "bang" with the Phila. A's, but nevertheless,
this Phila. based Candy Co. beat the T206 guys to the "contractual rights" to portray him. And,
Joe, like Plank, was a "hometown" team guy.

T-Rex TED

Old 12-19-2006, 04:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: fkw

The only thing that I can think of is why is Plank found in other sets put out by a directly competing product to American Caramel,... like Philadelphia Caramel, Nadja Caramel, Standard Caramel, etc. If he had some loyalty to one company that wouldnt have happened. Loyalty to any Pennsylvania company,.... then maybe??

I think it was more of let the kids have it (his image) for free, but if tobacco companies wanted to use his likeness then they better pay for it (just like Wagner).

Old 12-19-2006, 04:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Ted, that is a quite compelling conjecture you have there. I agree with it. Maybe one day, someone will figure out what Philly law firm represented American Caramel, then, if we can infiltrate someone into their off docket files, there is an extremely unlikely possibility that old correspondence exists about exactly what you suggest. I think it is sound. Plank was one of the very few college educated players of the day... maybe he signed something and then backtracked, or as you say AC pressured ATT into ceasing.

Frank

Old 12-19-2006, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Hi Scott,
You may have better records than I do, but going back to the early 1990's I have the following Planks breakdown:

Sweet Caps:
18 150's
7 350's

Some of theses may be dupes, as grading wasn't as prevelant as it is today, and pictures were a little smaller then, but I don't think I counted many twice.

LMK what you think Brian

PS I know you have a few 2 or 3 at the moment. What's your breakdown?

Old 12-19-2006, 05:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Evanov

Great work! Seems plausible for the first set. Perhaps the second printing, the 350, was started, but fell afoul of the infamous broken printing plate and was limited to very few surviving copies.

Frank

Old 12-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Administrator

Connie Mack, Jack Coombs and B. Adams are is in subsequent E-card sets, but not in
the E90-1 American Caramel set.

TED Z

Old 12-20-2006, 04:56 AM
Administrator

Ted- your theory, as always, is very well thought out, and while the details may or may not be exactly on the money, I agree that Plank was in some way blocked from appearing in the T206 set. But I was in error about Adams- he wasn't an Athletic- my bad.

Old 12-20-2006, 05:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: david poses

somebody in philadelphia hoarded all the planks, trading other cards with his friends, etc.

someplace in philadelphia, somebody has boxes and boxes of eddie plank cards that his grandfather gave him.

he realizes that if he unleashes all of them on the world at once, they will lose value.

every so often he puts one the market just to see what happens.

(if you are reading this, kindly send me ma dozen planks. i won't tell anybody)

Old 12-20-2006, 05:52 AM
Administrator

DAVID

I like your story.....however, human nature being what it is....we already would have seen all these
1000's of hoarded Plank cards by now. No one could hold off on such a "treasure" for any length of
time.

TED Z

Old 12-20-2006, 06:01 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Pennsylvania Ted

If I understand your post correctly....the following info may provide some insight.....

E-type card sets which include Eddie Plank and where produced

American Caramel E90-1..(1908) Philadelphia, PA

American Caramel E91.....(1909) York, PA

Standard Caramel E93.....(1910) Lancaster, PA

Philadelphia Caram E95.....(1909) Camden, NJ

Nadja Caramel.....E104-1..(1910) Philadelphia, PA

American Caramel E106.....(1915) York, PA

TED Z

Old 12-20-2006, 10:12 AM
Administrator

I don't think I was implying that American Caramel was "granting rights" to the T206 guys
to portray Plank in the T206 350 Series.

I'd speculate that at the start of the 350 Series, T206 started again to produce Plank's,
and as soon as the Plank's appeared in the market, American Caramel (and perhaps Eddie
Plank, himself) immediately filed a law suit and forced them to cease and desist from market-
ing Plank in the T206 set.

This is exactly what happened in at least two instances, that I personally know of, in the
"BaseBall Gum Card Wars".

1st....Warren Bowman in 1949 sued the Leaf Gum Co. over the "rights" to portray certain ball-
players in their sets .

2nd....in 1954, Sy Berger of Topps fame sued Bowman over the "rights" to portray Ted Williams
in their 1954 set. Topps won, forcing the Bowman Ted Williams (#66) card into "oblivion".....very
much like we are speculating happened to the T206 Plank card.

T-Rex TED

Old 12-20-2006, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Hi Ted,
It's as good a guess as any, but I beleive it's one of those magic questions that will never be answered. It is fun to speculate though...

Be well Brian

PS The biggest mistake I ever made was selling my Plank!!!!!!!

Old 12-20-2006, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Richard Masson

Is there any way to track down a record of litigation that may have been filed and settled in 1909? A docket listing somewhere- Philly or New York?

Old 12-20-2006, 11:35 AM
Administrator

It's almost impossible to track down such documents......where does one start ?

Ted Z

Old 12-20-2006, 02:32 PM
Administrator

RICHARD M

On 2nd thought, we have a good number of lawyers on this Forum and we should try to encourage one
to do some "discovery" and track down this information......if indeed my theory is correct that litigation
forced the discontinuance of the T206 Plank.

We have to select one who really likes to dig into the "nitty gritty" and do some real investigative work.

Of course, it will probably take most of us to "chip in" to afford to pay the lawyer's fees and expenses
for this research. Unless....for the sheer love of this hobby....he takes on this project "pro bono".

T-Rex TED

Old 12-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Andy Baran

Ted,

I have no idea whether the E90-1 set was first issued in 1908 or 1909. However, I don't think that fact that Cobb is listed as a right fielder is strong evidence for a 1908 issue. Cobb is also listed as a right fielder on the 1910 issued E103 Williams Caramel set. I just wanted to throw that out there.

Old 12-20-2006, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scot Reader

Here are the lawyers who represented ATC before the U.S. Supreme Court in 1911 when the trust was ordered dissolved:

Messrs. DeLancey Nicoll, John G. Johnson, William J. Wallace, W. W. Fuller, Junius Parker, and Mr. W. Bourke Cockran (by special leave).

Although a very long shot, maybe one or more of these gentlemen represented ATC in matters that touched on what we now call T206. Anybody have a few hundred hours to burn on a wild goose chase?

Old 12-20-2006, 06:28 PM
Administrator

ANDY B

Cobb played RF in 1907 for Detroit and shortly afterward Crawford took over the RF position, and
Cobb switched to CF. Anyhow, there are several players in the E90-1 that suggest it might have
been issued in 1908. The 1st series card of CYoung in a Boston (AL) uniform is one. Johnny Siegle,
whose BB career ended in 1906, is another. Another one is John Butler, whose career ended in 1907.
And, a few more player who were traded or retired in the 1907-08 time frame and the info on their
cards reflects the earlier date.

In any event, whether the E90-1 set was issued 1908 or 1909, is not as important as the theory I
have presented as a basis for how the American Caramel Co. was a possible factor in the scarcity
of the T206 Plank card.

Thanks for your info on the 1910 E103 Cobb....I was unaware of this.

TED Z

Old 12-20-2006, 07:10 PM
Administrator

Guys, this law firm thing is not impossible. Thing to do is figure out who did legal work for American Caramel, and it is most likely a Philadelphia law firm. Once that law firm is identified, we can figure out who the current attorneys are, and then see if any of them are baseball nuts.

That stuff about the ATT lawyers, DeLancey Nicoll was possibly the District Attorney for New York county in the 1890s. He was a democrat, and was a presidential convention delagate a couple of times. After public service I reckon he went into private practice, hence his appearance in the anti-trust case. Nicoll was associate counsel for the Interborough Rapid Transit Company when it was formed and constructed in NY. He lived at 23 East 39th Street in New York...

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9D0CEEDB1F3AF931A35755C0A9679582 60>

Frank.

Old 12-21-2006, 05:02 AM
Administrator

I think you should take a break from the "bench" and come up North to visit us "yankees".
And, while you are here you can do some research in the legal department in Philadelphia.
But, wait a while, it's too cold up here in Pennsylvania this time of year.

My home is just an hour north of Philly and you're certainly welcome to stay with us. And,
I would suggest that you time this trip for early March, so you can attend the Philly Show
in Reading, PA. Frank, it's our type of show where you can find all kinds of vintage sports-
cards that you can run your fingers across the cardboard and hold them in your palm. Just
like we did when we were kids.

Also, I can enjoy that beer with you....that you offered me, sometime back.

TED Z

Old 12-21-2006, 11:13 AM
Administrator

One more very important point I forgot to mention in the above response to you.
The fact that Walter Johnson is not in the E90-1 set is very puzzling, as all the
other major players of that era are in this set. This has mystified many E-card
collectors over the years.

Unless.....indeed this set was issued in 1908 (instead of 1909). Walter Johnson
pitched in 14 games in 1907, his rookie year. And, in 1908 pitched in 36 games
with a 1.64 ERA, which certainly would have been significant enough for American
Caramel to have included him in the E90-1 set....that's if....it was issued in 1909.

I really think that the omission of Johnson in this set further supports the 1908
date of issue.

TED Z

Old 12-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Administrator

Forget E90-1. Walter Johnson is missing from every E-card set until 1914 Cracker Jack. Anybody have any idea why?

Old 12-21-2006, 02:19 PM
Administrator

Ahhhhh.....Now here's the real story.....Candy card Co. struck up a deal with the T-card guys....

You can portray Johnson, we wont....and we will portray Plank, "our hometown hero", and you better not ! !

That's it, as simple as that.

TED Z

Old 12-21-2006, 02:32 PM
Administrator

Ted- do you really think that is true- a player swap between candy and tobacco? (P.S.- thanks for the Christmas card, especially the part written in Greek- there was a time when I could read it but I've forgotten my alphabet).

Old 12-21-2006, 05:38 PM
Administrator

Just trying to inject some humor into this discussion. But, you know what, anything can
be possible in trying to come up with a reasonable explanation to solve the T206 Plank
mystery.
Really, I think my initial theory here is closer to the truth than any of the other "myths"
we have heard in the past (e.g..not compensated, did not like tobacco, broken printing
plates, etc.).

Why wasn't Joe Jackson in the T-cards as a Major Lgr. ? Well, he played for Connie Mack
during the years the T206 set was being produced. And, perhaps my theory on the Plank
card, also applies to Jackson.

In our Christmas card to you do the Greek words look like this.....XPOVIA TTOLLA ?

TED Z

Old 12-21-2006, 06:05 PM
Administrator

The Greek letters in your card were lower case, so they are not identical to what you printed (you don't have the greek alphabet on your keyboard, do you?)

Old 12-21-2006, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Clint

I always believed in the conspiracy theory that Plank was in fact....
Billy the Kid. Insert smiley face.

Old 12-21-2006, 07:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Andy Baran

Ted,

I'm not trying to challenge your 1908 theory. It may well be true, and I haven't done any research on the subject. I was just making the point that Cobb is also listed as a Right Fielder on later issues, so that piece of information, in and of itself, is not a strong argument. I just wanted to make everyone aware of the caption on the 1910 E103 card.

Old 12-21-2006, 09:25 PM
Administrator

Hey Barry,

Johnson makes the majors in 1907, and has a losing record. Didn't have an above .500 year until 1910. By then most of the early E cards have made their appearance. The sets were small, and they focused on significant players, based on what the guy had done the previous few years. So no Johnson in early E cards, he wasn't a big name player yet. Same reason for no Joe Jackson in T206 (or 5 or 7, for that matter).

From the other side of the coin, consider "Brain, Buffalo" in T206. Who the hell was he???? Well in 1907 he was one of the best third basemen in the majors, with a league leading 10 home runs. But by 1909 David Brain had only 2 home runs in 556 at bats, with a .234 average, for Buffalo in the Eastern Leauge. By 1909 standards he really didn't deserve being in T206. But most of those guys were picked based on what they'd done in earlier years.

Realistically, if Johnson's numbers were shifted back a year or two, then he might have 3 poses in T206... as it is, he's fortunate to have 2, I think.

A player who's little known now is Glenn Wright, and if any here know the name it is likely that they know he's in W512, along with Cobb, Ruth, Frisch, Alexander... a tiny set full of HOFers. Wright, a short stop, hit over .300 3 of his first 5 seasons, put up good numbers at the plate, and was tops in the NL in both assists and double plays his first 2 seasons. A strong short stop... deserving of a card along with Ruth, Cobb, and Speaker when W512 came out. But Wright got injurred in 1929 playing handball. And now he's almost unknown.

So.... Johnson didn't shine bright enough soon enough to make E90-1, E102, and the like. At least that's what I think.

Old 12-22-2006, 02:49 AM
Administrator

Although Walter Johnson started off in 1907 with a losing record for several seasons,
his ERA was well under 2.0....in 1907 it was 1.64....but, the Washington team could
not even score 2 runs to win those games for him.

If I recall my 1933 Goudey players correctly, Glenn Wright is portrayed in this set.

TED Z

Old 12-22-2006, 04:18 AM
Administrator

Frank- True, Johnson's breakout year was 1910, so I guess it makes sense. But even in the 25 and 30 card sets there are some marginal players. I guess there was no way to know at the time how great he would be. Nevertheless, he is in every tobacco card set. And at the time Jackson appeared in E90-1, he had about six career hits, so obscure players did make it into sets.

Old 12-22-2006, 05:50 AM
Administrator

Yes Ted, Wright is in 33 Goudey, but so are over 200 other players, most of the players in the majors. So it doesn't equate to the 25 to 30 card E sets. His presence in 33 Goudey almost proves my point, he IS in it, but isn't in the smaller Diamond Stars.

And Barry, Jackson's meager stats but presence in E90-1 gets us right back to Ted's first post, Joe J was an Athletic then, with that local Philadelphia area interest. I suspect if Jackson had come up with a St. Louis team then he'd not have been in E90-1. Jackson as an Athletic in E90-1 bolsters Ted's point.

Johnson's T206 portrait is in the 150 series and the 350 series; ready to pitch in 350 and 460. This contrasts with Evers Cubs which is in 150, Evers portrait in 150 and 350, and Evers Chicago in 350 and 460. The idea is that Evers got a new card each step of the way. Johnson didn't, he wasn't considered as much of a star in 1909.

Players were chosen based on what they'd done a few years earlier, how stellarly the public perceived them. Even when a player was chosen for inclusion there was a delay while the card was designed, printed, distributed to the cigarette factories, and eventually inserted into packages. At the time Johnson was a good young pitcher with a losing record. So I think that's why he's not in 25 and 30 card sets in 1908 to 1910.

And happy holidays to all...

Old 12-22-2006, 02:43 PM
Administrator

FRANK W

I really appreciate you "hanging in" with me on this idea. And, your right about the "popularity factor",
as I would like to term it. The Washington team was at the bottom of the standings, and the E90-1
player roster reflects this.....as it is very under-represented with players from this team.
Conversely, Connie Mack's A's were at the top of their game; hence, many more A's in this set.

These neat little BB cards were meant as premiums to sell more caramel candies and obviously you
want the stars and the best players in the game pictured on them. I think some time we lose sight
of the fact that whether it was Tobacco, Bubble Gum, or Candy, this was the primary product these
Companies were in business to sell....not BB cards.

TED Z

Old 12-22-2006, 02:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: dan mckee

Hal, your theory is close but Renatta sent them to PSA and they were lost.

Old 12-24-2006, 01:26 PM
Administrator

BARRY and FRANK W

We can debate all day why Johnson was or wasn't in certain BB card sets....however, I think
all 3 of us will agree that this is one the nicest looking cards of any BB player in any set.

TED Z

Old 12-24-2006, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: bill

If my memory is correct I remember hearing a long time ago
that the reason the plank card was so rare was that the
printing plate broke in the early production for his card
so they just omitted it and only a few got printed

bill

Old 12-24-2006, 01:52 PM
Administrator

Ted- I agree wholeheartedly. The Johnson portrait is the best looking card of the 1910 era (but not as nice as an N162 Kelly!)

Old 12-24-2006, 01:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barry arnold

Make it 4 regarding the Walter Johnson, Ted.
It is my favorite...then the Matty portrait.
I remember long ago Barry S. referring to the Johnson portrait as angelic
and i've used the adjective re:Walter ever since.
Great work on the research on the various backs threads, Ted.
It is teaching us so much.
We owe you much gratitude for keeping up with so much data and offering so
many exciting insights.
all the best at Christmas and Happy New Year,

Barry

Old 12-24-2006, 05:48 PM
Administrator

BARRY S

You very well know my feelings on the N162 cards....Anson, Keefe, Kelly, etc......they are the best.
But, there is something very aesthetically pleasing about the T206 Johnson portrait.

BARRY A

Thanks for the kind words, but I have to credit you for really getting me going on the T206 studies
with your famous EPDG thread. And, of course Scot Reader's fascinating book.

Like Barry S, my image of you was quite different from your photo. You are one "cool-looking" dude.
And, a fortunate one to have such a beautiful wife. Keep in touch.

A very MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and Margaret

TED Z

Old 12-24-2006, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Ted,
I just called my wife in to read your post(sort of copying ole Barry's S.
MO)where you identify her as beautiful; she is so elated that you now
have a friend for life (really 2 friends for life!)
And i do appreciate the cool looking dude description; i much prefer it over
the description of being distinguished looking, which i think is synonymous
with 'extinguished looking'.
Again, thanks for everything. Scot Reader put it best when he identified
you as the T206 Sovereign!
Our best to you and your beautiful family.

Barry and Margaret

Old 12-25-2006, 08:42 AM
Administrator

It took me sometime to go through the "gyrations" of doing a scan and then
presenting it on the computer screen. But, as in yours and Barry's case, my
wife hung in there with me and about a year ago I got the knack of doing it.

One contributing factor that made a difference is when Charlotte purchased
an Epson 3-in-one device for copying, printing, and scanning.

Best Regards,
TED Z

Old 12-25-2006, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Ted,
Many thanks for the tip on the Epson.
I just mentioned it to Margaret as a possible Christmas present in case
she's still looking.
She gave me that smile which tends to mean that i may have to wait 'til the
next holiday---but we'll see!
all the best to you and your family,

Barry

Old 12-29-2006, 05:55 PM
Administrator

We just got a sale email from Epson.....so if you are interested.....here is:

www.epsonstore.com

Wishing you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR

TED Z