NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-16-2012, 06:42 PM
Eric Perry

Default I would like to thank a fellow collector...

I have collected cards for quite a while; however, life intervened and I stepped away from the hobby for a few years. Upon returning recently, I decided to venture into something I had not explored before, pre-war material.

In an effort to pick up a little knowledge, I participated in a discussion on a thread about a fake Joe Jackson. Board members there were kind enough to share with me their knowledge and experience, for which I was grateful. One of the members, though, went a step further to help me get started with my pre-war pursuits...he actually gave me a few cards from his collection.

I would like to take a moment to publicly thank smtjoy for his generosity. For no other reason than to help, he sent to me the cards pictured (or, at least, there should be links to the photos) below. It was a great gesture and a gift that was tremendously appreciated.

Hats off to Scott for such a class move. When the day comes where I am no longer the new guy, I will definitely pay this kindness forward.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 10-16-2012, 06:49 PM
Andrew

Welcome. Scott is a class act and an asset to the board.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:49 PM

Welcome back Eric. I have always enjoyed dealing with Scott and think he is a class individual.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:54 PM
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
I have collected cards for quite a while; however, life intervened and I stepped away from the hobby for a few years. Upon returning recently, I decided to venture into something I had not explored before, pre-war material.

In an effort to pick up a little knowledge, I participated in a discussion on a thread about a fake Joe Jackson. Board members there were kind enough to share with me their knowledge and experience, for which I was grateful. One of the members, though, went a step further to help me get started with my pre-war pursuits...he actually gave me a few cards from his collection.

I would like to take a moment to publicly thank smtjoy for his generosity. For no other reason than to help, he sent to me the cards pictured (or, at least, there should be links to the photos) below. It was a great gesture and a gift that was tremendously appreciated.

Hats off to Scott for such a class move. When the day comes where I am no longer the new guy, I will definitely pay this kindness forward.
It is amazing, isn't it?. A tiny scrap of tattered, musty, "lightning bolt" creased cardboard can put such a silly, wide grin on a man's face, the first time he holds it as his own. Welcome to the board and welcome to the world of Pre-war goodness....Jump on in... By the way, I am completely jealous of your being able to experience the buzz for the very first time....

Last edited by Bocabirdman; 10-16-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:08 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocabirdman View Post
It is amazing, isn't it?. A tiny scrap of tattered, musty, "lightning bolt" creased cardboard can put such a silly, wide grin on a man's face, the first time he holds it as his own. Welcome to the board and welcome to the world of Pre-war goodness....Jump on in... By the way, I am completely jealous of your being able to experience the buzz for the very first time....
Mike,

You absolutely nailed it. When I opened the envelope and saw those players staring back at me from another era, that silly, wide grin was impossible to supress. What an awesome experience!

Best,

Eric

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)

- Yogi Berra
Old 10-16-2012, 08:57 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Hat's off to Scott for his random act of kindness and to helping the hobby. Good job my friend.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:03 AM

Very cool deed by Scott!
JimB
Old 10-17-2012, 12:03 PM
Chr!$ "Bubba" L@mb

Awesome job Scott!
Old 10-17-2012, 02:17 PM
mike kilo

great RAOK!!!
Old 10-17-2012, 02:40 PM
Barry Arnold

Default eric

thanks for sharing and finding your way home to vintage!
Scott is indeed a prince of a fellow.

all the best,
barry
Old 10-17-2012, 03:27 PM

Welcome back to the hobby..and indeed an nice act..those are some nice cards to get it restarted!

Ricky Y
Old 10-17-2012, 07:58 PM
Eric Perry

Thank you all very much for such a warm welcome. I am certain that diving into collecting Baseball Cards once again will be an immensely rewarding experience for me. Along the way, I look forward to having the opportunity to learn from all of you and to add value to conversations on this board when and where I am able.

As for Scott’s random act of kindness, I personally consider it to be a shining example of everything that is right with the hobby. I wholeheartedly agree with your ringing endorsements regarding his character and applaud him once again for fostering the type of goodwill that attracts new collectors, helps to restore faith in those who the “scammers” may have alienated and ensures that the hobby endures for generations to come.

Best Regards,

Eric

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)

- Yogi Berra