NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Todd Schultz

Default Please explain: "MC015 Security notice: eBay listing removed"

I received the above message for each and every one of several dozen hockey cards I bid on from a seller with 32K feedback at 100%. It goes on:

Hello nolemmings (taslegal@hotmail.com),

We're writing to let you know that this listing for an item you won or bid on is no longer available:

320842787711 - 1972 Topps Vic Hadfield New York Rangers #110 PSA 9

We understand this may be disappointing, but occasionally we need to remove listings. In some cases, the item itself is fine, but was listed in a way that didn't follow eBay's guidelines.

It can't be the listings, because they parroted those from last night, where seller offered dozens of cards from the same set with the same, rather minimal and innocuous listing language. In fact, I won 17 of those cards.
I'm reluctant to pay if seller's account was hacked. I'm unhappy about the whole thing anyway, because I was planning on bidding strong on today's auctions so as to knock off a large % of the set (what can I say--I've got a soft spot for '72 Hockey). Now it seems as if 17 is the most I will get, and I wonder if those are even legit.

The auctions were set to expire in just a few hours, so it's not as if Ebay acted quickly. Is this just a failure to pay ebay fees by seller; if so, why doesn't his account show as NARU? (Seller is psa-set-guy, member since 1998)
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:59 AM
J@son M1ller

Hard to know without seeing the listing. Maybe his shipping charges were too high or some weird thing about where he will send or return practices? Maybe he listed in the wrong category?
Old 02-09-2012, 11:34 AM
Todd Schultz

Default Thanks Jayson

Here's a listing from one of the auctions I won last night:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/320842369095...84.m1497.l2649

The description is identical to what he had in the pulled listings, and other than changing the card name, number and grade, the item title is the same. I'm pretty sure he listed them in the same category, and there doesn't appear to be anything funky about the shipping or returns.

I'm hesitant to contact the seller if his account has been hacked, but may do so anyway. I have contacted ebay, although they are cumbersome to deal with. I just thought someone else on this board had experienced something similar and could shed some light on what the he!l happened.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:42 AM
BRIAN C0ATS

Default My suggestion...

Contact the seller. I've dealt with them in the past without issue. If this was ebay acting on their own then very likley the seller is as confused as you are. If the account was hacked or some suspect reason then they will tell you what went on.

Shoot them an e-mail. No harm and likely will result in answering your question.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:44 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

I believe this is their contact information if you do not want to contact them through eBay.

psasetguy@yahoo.com
(714) 373-9800
Old 02-09-2012, 12:26 PM
qu@n nguy3n

ebay pulls alot of crap for stupid reasons.

he's in the same city as me. if it's not too far you can try to strike a deal with him offline for all the cards and i can pick it up for you.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:51 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

The seller may have violated ebay's "duplicate listing" policy, which a number of sellers have recently complained about. Basically, you need to have enough differences in the item title or else it may get pulled by ebay. Couldn't find where I originally saw this complaint, but here's another one from PSA's forum complaining about this today: Link
Old 02-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Sc0tt F0rgue

It was most likely because of duplicate listing "violations". Even if the cards listed in the title are different if the photo (IE: when sellers use the 4 cards per scan for listings) and description are the same ebay might remove the listing.

I've dealt with this with my business, it's a huge pain in the ass. There are ways around it, the easiest way is to just copy the title and put it in the description so both the title and description are different from the other listings with the same photo.

I've bought several cards from that seller, never had a problem with him.

Scott F
Old 02-09-2012, 04:14 PM
G.r.eg M@r.t.i.n

I received the same message after I won and paid for a card. The seller didn't know why and because the auction had already ended, it didn't make sense for it to be a listing violation. Weren't they experiencing technical difficulties last week?
Old 02-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Sc0tt F0rgue

Sometimes ebay will cancel the completed sales of a seller that is getting put on suspension for violations. I had that happen to me on a store item. I called ebay and they admitted there was no violation but did nothing about the 3 or 4 canceled sales.

If you already paid, the Paypal transaction is enough to complete the sale and you have buyer protection through Paypal.

Also: I believe ebay was hacked into by "anonymous" last week. I didn't have any real problems with sales or listings but there were a lot of errors occurring.

Scott F
Old 02-09-2012, 05:10 PM
G.r.eg M@r.t.i.n

Thanks for the information. I received the card I was referring to today.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default duplicate listing policy

Hi, as a seller I have received this message several times. It occurs when I list the same type of item more than once. ie:

Listing 1 - Lot of 100 1958 Topps cards.
Listing 2 - Lot of 100 1958 Topps cards.

ebay will cancel one of these listings because it is a duplicate listing, even though in the details section the 100 cards may be totally different.

If I do this:

Listing 1 - Lot of 100 1958 Topps cards
Listing 2 - 1958 Topps Lot of 100 cards

I will be OK.

I don't understand the reasoning behind this, but that is ebay for you.

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:47 PM
Sc0tt F0rgue

Rick, be careful with that. Listings with the same exact words in a different order have been taken off. I would try to add at least one word in the title that's unique to each listing.

Scott F
Old 02-10-2012, 04:50 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default Scott

Thanks Scott, I will keep an eye on that.

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.