NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-13-2011, 01:34 PM
I. "Iggy" G0nz@lez
"rich"

Default O/T Hunt Auctions and a Daisy

Just wanted to give a thumbs-up endorsement to the people at Hunt auctions. I won a lot of 550+ cards in one of their previous auctions. When the lot arrived, it only contained 294 cards. I notified Hunt immediately, all the while thinking, how in the world can I prove to them that the lot was missing some cards. Well, luckily for me (and Hunt), they have an employee named Daisy. She immediately calmed my nerves, gave me the benefit of the doubt, paid the shipping fees to have the cards returned to Hunt, and a full refund check arrived at my door within a week. All this, for someone (me) who has only won a couple of items from Hunt within the past year. Hunt might not have the best website, but they sure have quality people working for them. If I ever run an auction house, first employee I'm trying to hire is Daisy.

Lovely Day...

Last edited by iggyman; 01-13-2011 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:47 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Kudos to Hunt

It is always good to hear of good situations in the hobby, with all of the others we hear about. Thanks for the shout out for Hunts and Daisy, Iggy.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:48 PM
Rob Miller

I second that.

I have dealt with her once before too, and her customer service skills are out of this world.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:55 PM
Dan Bretta

On another note back in the olden days before it seems most people on here knew about Hunt's Internet/Phone auctions I'd always win lots that had stuff that wasn't even mentioned...and many times the lot would have gone for a lot more money if the item(s) had gotten a mention. It's a lot harder to find a bargain in those auctions anymore. Back to the topic though...I agree Hunt's customer service is second to none.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:58 PM

Glad to hear of your positive experience, Ig. They do a superb job over at Hunt, don't they? From what I gather, Daisy ain't too partial to tapered-legged jeans. Just a head's up.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:03 PM
Robert Williams

I agree...I have dealt with Daisy numerous times, and she is top shelf! An absolute pleasure to deal with! I had a progam sold as authentic that was actually a reproduction. They took it back of course. I also have her send my wins a particular way (General Pickup at the local UPS facility). She is always more than happy to oblige! Anyway, that is my endorsement...
Old 01-13-2011, 02:26 PM
Ed McCollum

I've yet to bid in a Hunt auction (that will change later this month), but I had contacted them about a card I knew they had possession of via e-mail. A couple of weeks went by, and I just assumed I wouldn't hear anything. But lo and behold, over the holiday week, I got an e-mail from Daisy, with an apology for not getting back sooner, confirmation that they did indeed have the card I referenced, that it would be in an auction starting mid-January, a lot number to look for, and simple-to-follow sign up instructions on how to become a bidder. Also a direct line number in case I had any questions. Great customer service for a first-time bidder who, with any luck, isn't going to be spending that much cash.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:29 PM
Jeff

Default Hunt's

Agreed.........top shelf. I enjoy my annual pilgrimage to Louisville to get outbid mercilessly @ their Louisville Slugger Auction.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."

Last edited by HRBAKER; 01-13-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:33 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

I too have had the pleasure of dealing with Daisy on many occasions and she is a huge asset to Hunt's operations. Customer service skills are lacking within too many companies but you can rest assured that will not be the experience at Hunt's. He is lucky to have her.

Greg
Old 01-13-2011, 04:00 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Agree completely--Daisy is always a pleasure to deal with. Maybe we can get a petition going for David to give her a raise!
Old 01-13-2011, 04:44 PM

Sorry to dump on the Daisy lovefest parade but a simple question; if the auction was listed as 550+ cards and the buyer only received 294 cards, WHAT happened to the other cards?

If there were only 294 cards to begin with, shouldn't the listing have said so?
If there were 550+ cards to begin with and the listing was correct, WHERE are the other cards?

If I were the consigner and sent in 550+ cards, saw the auction listing stating 550+ cards, saw the auction was bid on, ended and the final price the cards sold for, I would have an expectation as to how much I was going to receive for that lot. Imagine the surprise when the consigner is told that the lot was sent back because there were only 294 cards.

I think the consigner would be upset that 1) the lot actually didn't sell and they are NOT going to get the money they think they are and 2) there are over 256 cards missing.

David
Old 01-13-2011, 05:20 PM
I. "Iggy" G0nz@lez
"rich"

David,

My assumption is the consigner got paid and Hunt wrote it off as a loss, while at the same time, trying to recoup its losses by selling whatever cards they had in their possession. Alot of assumption from your end and alot of assumptions from mine. I'm partial to happy endings...

Lovely Day...

Last edited by iggyman; 01-13-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:53 PM
David Herrell

I agree 100%. Everybody I've dealt with there is very accomodating.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:46 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default better yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
Agree completely--Daisy is always a pleasure to deal with. Maybe we can get a petition going for David to give her a raise!
Better yet Maybe he could take lessons from her?
Old 03-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Ed McCollum

Default Got her e-mail a couple hours ago ...

although I've only spoken with her a couple of times recently, she was always very pleasant and helpful. Glad her education has gone so well, and hope the people left to cover her job do as well for customer service.