NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-13-2002, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Default it's a great day

Posted By: leon

So I did not even get 1 customer call this morning (in outside sales this is not good) but got a call from Scott (of runscott fame). While on the phone discussing our addiction Jay M. returned my call from this morning. I conferenced Jay in with Scott(they had never met verbally before) and we had a very good conversation. I am happily announcing my new, self proclaimed but Jay induced, position on the board as "bored social director". I am also trying to find a way to parlay that first post on the board to maybe sell it as "1st post graded" or something like the gay, I mean GAI, guys do. I will get Elliot to "authenticate only" and will have a first there also. Opening bid is $1.00 with no reserve and a BIN of $1.01..........now am I bored or what? Good luck tonight in the Mastro for those of you that are needing that memorabelia like there is no tomorrow....still can't believe the prices some of that stuff brought......and do know of a few really good buys some folks got......regards all...

Old 04-13-2002, 01:34 PM
Administrator

Default it's a great day

Posted By: petecld

I'm bored too. As long as I have your attention, can we vote on something?

What do find more irritating in descriptions in ebay auctions?

a) those that use the word "Wow"?

b) those that use the word "L@@K"?

I will put my soap box away and let the voters voices be heard. Even those in Florida.

Old 04-13-2002, 02:08 PM
Administrator

Default it's a great day

Posted By: Tom

she went home about 3:00 est. I think I'm safe to leave at 4:30..........really bored today too. About 75 degrees and sunny in Louisville here..........so Leon.......you're going to be Julie, our cruise director........(obscure Love Boat reference)........will you be stationed on the 'LIDO' deck? Shuffleboard at 3.............

Old 04-13-2002, 02:22 PM
Administrator

Default it's a great day

Posted By: runscott

...same sellers who found their rare t206's (the big 4) in a garage sale. I'm Christian, but would trust the seller more if they said "Praise Allah".

Old 04-13-2002, 02:41 PM
Administrator

Default it's a great day

Posted By: jay behrens

The most annoying thing is "this professionally graded card is aboviously undergraded...". Also right up there is "Mint except for the 4 round corners, heavy creasng and the puncture marks left by my pet wolverine"

Jay

Old 04-13-2002, 03:45 PM
Administrator

Default it's a great day

Posted By: jeff

Jay-

I was with you there until the end. But if I could buy a card that was really in low-grade because of wolverine damage, I might pay a small premium. In fact, if anybody out there does a type-set of flaws (mouse bites, burn marks, pencil/crayon/red, green, blue, black ink, holes of different shapes, etc.) I have quite a good inventory .

Jeff

Old 04-13-2002, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Default it's a great day

When I was about 10, my pet gerbil escaped and decided that my NFL autographs would be a good change from her bland diet of pellets. This was back before Richard Gere, when gerbils were just pets.

Old 04-13-2002, 04:53 PM
Administrator

Default it's a great day

but I bet you shaved your gerbils and clipped their nails anyway

Jay

Old 04-13-2002, 04:59 PM
Administrator

Default it's a great day

Posted By: Julie Vognar

Every time I see an American flag (which is very, very often) , I feel like it's saying. "This is us, not you."

Old 04-13-2002, 07:50 PM
Administrator

Default it's a great day

Posted By: scott brockelman

KIT YOUNG listings, we finally wore out TOBACCO CARD COMPANY and now we have to endure 3 pages of kit young retail price cards, most of which get no bids, you just have to wade thru them.

scott

Old 04-13-2002, 11:31 PM
Administrator

Default it's a great day

The word rare in a description. Try doing a search on rare on ebay. Wow, a "rare" reprint of Ole Honus. And a T206 too!! Now how tough is that!? And why DOES Ole Kit post so many items? Doesn't he realize that he makes it real easy to breeze through his crap that he has at retail+ prices, that he can't peddle otherwise? (and I really have no personal experience with him- but geesh).....ok, how about the stupid shill bidding on that stupid Schapira Bros. Ruth that never sells for $409.00....when it's worth about $50 - $100 (maybe)....ok....I just woke up from the couch, checked the board, now time to go to sleep.....BTW, left work to play racketball I was so bored.....maybe if I stayed a couple more "card" guys would have called ....now if I could just get those guys to buy a computer....so I could buy more cards....do I see a pattern here?...(no, sorry it's male pattern baldness)...off to sleep...or was this post a dream?....best regards

Old 04-14-2002, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Default it's a great day

Posted By: Bob Lemke

Hello Leon, Is that your Four Base Hits Kelly? Can I steal the scan to print in the new Standard Catalog? It's time to retire the Ward we've been running.
Bob Lemke

Old 04-14-2002, 01:18 PM
Administrator

Default it's a great day

It is mine and you are welcome to use it if you would like. I would be honored. best regards.....

Old 04-14-2002, 01:33 PM
Administrator

Default it's a great day

Posted By: W.M.

Julie

Don't worry the flag includes you to.Other wise you could live in one of many countries where the flag that represents that country does not include every one and you would have been arrested and flogged for your post, your baseball card collection seized and all cards replaced with say Chinese players. Kind of nice to live in a country that has a flag that includes all of us and allows all of us to say what we want when we want.

Old 04-14-2002, 01:40 PM
Administrator

Default it's a great day

Posted By: David

Why is Mike leaning that way? Hungover again?

Old 04-14-2002, 02:03 PM
Administrator

Default it's a great day

trying to be careful not to generalize, but I've noticed that a lot of the "flag" vehicles seem to have rules of their own...thus "this is us, not you". I think it may be a loud-people thing in a lot of instances, rather than pride in the special and fortunate circumstances we were born into by pure chance.

Old 04-14-2002, 02:06 PM
Administrator

Default it's a great day

...no turn signals, high speed in residential communities, and other aggressive driving habits, are not what America is all about;however, it's true that here you can do it without being executed.

I heard that in El Salvador you are put to death for DUI's - has anyone else heard this?

Old 04-14-2002, 05:20 PM
Administrator

Default it's a great day

Posted By: petecld

I'm with you, I don't miss "Tobacco Card Company" offerings but my biggest "irk" is the "dwmorris" listings. same stuff week, after week, after week.

I think poeple just bid on his stuff just so they won't have to look at the listing again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again.

Old 04-14-2002, 06:21 PM
Administrator

Default it's a great day

Posted By: Julie Vognar

Old 04-14-2002, 06:58 PM
Administrator

Default it's a great day

Posted By: brian

Dear Scott
I kind of like Kit's listings, they keep me from wasting time looking at over graded, over priced T cards. I wonder if they think using Kit's name is really a positive. Be well brian

Old 04-14-2002, 07:44 PM
Administrator

Default it's a great day

I just use Kit Young and KY in the 'words to ignore part of the search box

Jay

Old 04-15-2002, 02:18 AM
Administrator

Default it's a great day

Posted By: TBob

Julie- I think I am as patriotic as the next guy but I have noticed that locally the worst drivers on the road coincidentally have American flags flying from their antennas, side mirrors or tail gates. I am not trying to make some mass genralization between patriotism and crappy driving but it is a real match with the flags and slowpoke, non-courteous, non-traffic rule obeying drivers. Now if you see a car with a couple of U.S. flags flying and Oklahoma license plates, quickly hit the brakes and go the other way. That is the worst of both worlds.