NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Kenny Cole

I have tried very hard to stay out of this, but that last comment from Mr. Allen was, at best, absurd. IMO, all you have to do to see that Mastro/Legendary are the same enterprise is to be moderately literate.

Based on what I have read, if I was an unpaid consignor I would file an alter-ego/instrumentality lawsuit, allege fraud, name all of the companies, sue the principals individually, get the financials, and look forward to the depositions. I suspect they would be really ugly.

Kenny Cole
Old 08-06-2009, 08:18 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Cole View Post
I have tried very hard to stay out of this, but that last comment from Mr. Allen was, at best, absurd. IMO, all you have to do to see that Mastro/Legendary are the same enterprise is to be moderately literate.

Based on what I have read, if I was an unpaid consignor I would file an alter-ego/instrumentality lawsuit, allege fraud, name all of the companies, sue the principals individually, get the financials, and look forward to the depositions. I suspect they would be really ugly.

Kenny Cole
Doug might have to bring a couple of hats to the deposition -- white, as he is a great guy.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:25 PM
Kenny Cole

The problem with public pronouncements is that they are public and thus, easy to force-feed the deponent who, after all, is sworn to tell the truth. I have watched this cluster-f___ unravel with a fair amount of amazement at the pronouncements, both written and oral, which have been made. If I was trying to skate paying folks I owed money to, I don't think I would probably have said some of those things.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:19 PM
qualitycards

What if ????

OK so if Legendary is a seperate enterprise from Mastro
and Mastro now no longer exists.
What if the past people pay off their debt to Mastro?
It is said that they have hundreds of thousands outstanding from their past auctions.

Who get the dough?

I'm confused about so many issues concerning the old auction house and the new & improved one.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Peter Spaeth

Jay, Mastro still exists, it just changed its name to Ketap. So in the first instance that entity would get any money collected by or paid to Mastro.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:23 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

What a great deal to get all the assets and none of the liabilities. I wanna make a deal like that.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:24 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Jay, Mastro still exists, it just changed its name to Ketap. So in the first instance that entity would get any money collected by or paid to Mastro.
Of which Doug is the President. But he claims that he's not responsible for paying any of Mastro's debts off.

Last edited by calvindog; 08-06-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Banned

I'd pony up some cash if for the next name change, Legendary becomes:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imagesk.jpg (3.2 KB, 354 views)
Old 08-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Banned

Default Drama......

In all seriousness i really do not get it. Doug and these guys are easily found. If this dude owed me money it would have been collected at the National. In my opinion they are just waiting to see if some of the consignors just go away so they can get out of paying. I strolled by Doug and the boys on several occasions and they looked at ease in my opinion as if they had no worries in the world.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald Marsh View Post
. I strolled by Doug and the boys on several occasions and they looked at ease in my opinion as if they had no worries in the world.
Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Daryl

Quote:
Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.
That proverb has rung true for centuries, whether it's shekels, dollars, or vintage baseball cards.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:25 AM
Mike DeNero

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
Of which Doug is the President. But he claims that he's not responsible for paying any of Mastro's debts off.
I hate to keep beating a dead horse here, but does anyone know (rather than speculate) what Doug's ownership stake in Mastro/Ketap is/was and what it is in Legendary?

Last edited by mikedenero; 09-03-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:36 AM
Peter Spaeth

The issue is not really piercing the veil to get to Doug individually, in my opinion, but rather, whether Legendary (the ongoing business) is liable for Mastro's debts on an alter ego and/or fraudulent conveyance theory.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:49 AM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

"As far as I can tell, your entire enterprise is nothing more than a solitary man with a messy apartment, which may or may not contain a chicken!"

"And with Darren’s help, we’ll get that chicken."

Rob, Thanks for getting me thinking.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:59 AM
Mike DeNero

Quote:
The issue is not really piercing the veil to get to Doug individually, in my opinion, but rather, whether Legendary (the ongoing business) is liable for Mastro's debts on an alter ego and/or fraudulent conveyance theory.

Right - I agree 100%. But, hypothetically speaking (of course), if such claims are viable (key words here: "if" and "viable"), the same facts might (key word here: "might") implicate a veil piercing claim against the orchestrator(s).

Last edited by mikedenero; 08-07-2009 at 09:00 AM.