NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-03-2006, 06:23 PM
Administrator

Default Latest Chatroom issues resolved -- November 13

Posted By: Brian McQueen

Just wanted to let everyone know that we're working on the Chatroom issue regarding the extraneous information being displayed on-screen. This is a glitch with the system that will hopefully be resolved in the next day or so.

Thanks for bearing with us,
Brian

Old 11-11-2006, 09:45 AM
Administrator

Got this fixed this morning. The IP addresses and other extraneous information should not be present in the chatrooms any longer. Please let me know if there are any additional issues.

-Brian

Old 11-11-2006, 10:18 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Brian and I are discussing this. It might go back to having the IP's there...I sort of like to know who's in there chatting when I am in there.......we'll see....

Old 11-11-2006, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brett

I tried to go into the chat for the past few days and it wouldn't let me get in, yet there was 15 people in the chat. When you have to click the thing to go into it, another one appears... i click that and another one appears and so on. This happen to other people too ?

Old 11-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Administrator

We found out that there were 3 chatrooms somehow set up (not by me I assure you).....All three were linked to this account but were not Premier...which is why the IP's were there. All of that should be fixed now however I am still undecided if I want to "not" have IP's in there. I rarely go in the chat area but its nice to know who is talking or lurking....with the IP's you can't remain too anonymous. This main forum has that option too....but I prefer to let people be anonymous per the rules....Hope this explains what might have been the issue. I would like to hear from anyone having any technical issues on the board. If it is a posting of a pic issue then you need to read at the bottom of the rules page first and then let me know if you still are having troubles and I will help. The 2 most common issues of posting pics are size (for our temp file page they have to be 128k or less)and improper file name...in otherwords your jpeg has a weird character in its name...or a hyphen or period or whatever....The need to be very plainly named. regards

Old 11-11-2006, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Max Weder

Leon

I am having the same trouble as Brett; I couldn't log into chat.

When I hit the Chat now, it takes me to a different screen:

Access to this chat room is limited.
In order to participate in this chat room, you must be logged in to your Network54 account, and you must be a member of one of the groups listed near the bottom of this page. If you are not a member of one of the groups listed, you can apply to one of them after you login to your account.

Summary of Group Access Privileges for this chat room

Group Privileges Application Procedures
Network 54 Moderator
Apply for membership Read & Post HTML Not accepting applications at this time
Registered Users
Apply for membership Read & Post HTML Membership is automatic with

When I click on "validate membership", I get a confirming email, but I am still unable to access chat.

Max

Old 11-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

I am having the same problem Max.
tbob

Old 11-11-2006, 12:47 PM
Administrator

I apologize ya'll are having the issue. As ya'll know Brian M. does almost all of the techy stuff. He and I have emailed today and he is very busy at his day job and can't look at this during the day (today). I will see if he can look at it this evening, if he doesn't already see this thread, and see if it can be figured out. best regards

Old 11-11-2006, 12:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Pssst... Leon, no apostrophe in "its"... as in "its name."

thank's Barry theyre fixed

Leon- just helping you raise your grade from a B- to a B+. And your reply, of course, has no less than two apostrophe errors in four words- but I know you did it on purpose!!

Old 11-11-2006, 01:13 PM
Administrator

I doubled checked the settings on the chatroom and I think everything's set up properly. As of right now, everyone should be able to log into the chat as normal.

Leon is correct, we do have 3 chatrooms however all of them actually do have the "premium" account setting which means no IP numbers shown. The problem was, we weren't actually linking to any of these three. We were linking to some other chatroom off our board entirely. Since it didn't belong to us, I rerouted the link to one of our three rooms so we should be all set. I think the login page for the chatroom looks slightly different, but other than this, we should be good to go.

Let me know if any of you are having problems still. Also, if the chatroom is working normally for you, maybe a couple people could respond to this thread and let me know. Thanks guys,

Brian

Old 11-11-2006, 01:21 PM
Administrator

I can join the chat now. Thanks for fixing it.

Old 11-11-2006, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Griffins

I've had no problems getting in the chatroom the last few days, and like having the ip info there. There were a few people using alt id's a while back, and this helps identify that a bit. For what little it's worth, I vote to keep it on there.

Old 11-11-2006, 01:52 PM
Administrator

Brian

I still can't get in. When I try and log into Chat now, I go to 113423, which is yet again a different chatroom number. After signing in, hitting the login button does nothing.

(A few more days of rejection and I'll start believing in conspiracy theories )

Thanks,

Max

Old 11-12-2006, 12:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Elliot

Brian, i was able to get into the chatroom, unfortunately I don't think it was one of ours, as when i hit the exit key i was taken to a forum on Fargo-Moorehead and i had dreams of Adam Moraine appearing.

Edited to add that the chat just hasn't been the same without the chat moderator Max. However, i don't understand why Max needs to login as most of us believe that he never leaves the chat.

Old 11-12-2006, 12:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Cat

I got in (just now) and my IP address and extraneous information still shows.

Old 11-12-2006, 12:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve M.

After I post a chat the list of Chatters changes to Network 54 and Guest.

Old 11-12-2006, 01:24 PM
Administrator

I am more an antique Roman than a Moraine; however, I still can't access chat. I'm told I have the right URL to sign in to Chat--it just won't let me do it.

Max

Old 11-12-2006, 01:30 PM
Administrator

I'll respond to a few recent questions here:

Elliot - I saw the link you were referring to. I changed it so that the link takes you back to the forum's main page. Should be good now. If the room you're accessing is #113423, you're in the right spot.

Steve - I noticed it doing a rotating thing too where it displays the members names, and then they disappear. If you click on the Member's link at the bottom, I noticed that the list of members in the room "sticks" though and doesn't rotate...hopefully that helps.

Darren - I think Leon might have turned the IPs back on as he was saying he'd like to give them a try. The good news is all the extraneous information in the "typing area" is now gone though so the screen won't be all cluttered up.

Max - Man, I'm not sure what sort of problems you're experiencing. You might want to try to see if you can clear your cache/cookies on your browser (under the Tools/Internet Options menu at the top of your browser). If that doesn't work, make sure you have Active X and Java Virtual Machine enabled on your computer as well as those two tools affect your ability to log in to chatrooms. If you continue having problems, I might get your number and give you a call at some point.

Another member mentioned a problem with the "private message" feature. Anyone else experiencing that?

Old 11-12-2006, 02:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Griffin's

The private feature doesn't work with Safari or Firefox . Only IE, but that's not really an option (outdated) if you're on a Mac.

Old 11-13-2006, 05:39 PM
Administrator

Brian

Apparently, it's now not just me. See http://www.network54.com/Forum/44985/message/1163359939/Login+to+Chat

Max

Old 11-14-2006, 02:56 PM
Administrator

For the undesirable aliens among us, here is the explanation from network54 as to why some of us cannot access chat:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/44985/message/1163441175/Chat

Max

Old 11-14-2006, 03:18 PM
Administrator

I couldn't join the chat for a few days last week. It was corrected... now I can't join it again. Is this happening to other people again also ?

Old 11-14-2006, 03:28 PM
Administrator

Brett

If you go to the network support forum mentioned in the previous post http://www.network54.com/Forum/44985/message/1163441175/Chat ) , network54 has apparently banned all non-US ISP addresses from Chat in order to curtail "illegal activities" with "evasive action". If you are like E, who uses AOL, you will be permitted to chat. If you have a non-US ISP like Rogers, Telus or Shaw, you can't access chat right now. The network54 apparently provides a method for the administrators to allow us in chat , so I hope this can be done shortly

Max

Old 11-14-2006, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Well, we're slowly working through the issues in the chatroom and I think we got 3 more knocked down today -

1. We figured out that basically, if you're living outside the U.S., you won't have access to our chatrooms unless I add your name to a specific "group" that I've created on the Net 54 backend so our Canadian, Hawaiian, etc...friends may join us. If you've had problems accessing the chat lately, send me an email with your username and I can get you added to the group. I got Max set up just a little bit ago and he's accessing the room fine now.

2. I think the little glitch where the list of Members on the left side of the screen disappears has been fixed. You guys should be able to see who's in the chatroom as well as use the private messages feature as normal. If you see that this is not the case, let me know. Please note that the Private Messages feature will still not work in Firefox.

3. The IP numbers and extraneous text have been removed (again) from the main screen in the chatroom. Hopefully, they won't be coming back this time.

Keep me posted on any difficulties any of you may be having. Thanks much,

Brian
redmaccie@hotmail.com

Old 11-14-2006, 05:42 PM
Administrator

I am still undecided on the IP's in the chatroom. They might get put back and might not.....I sort of like to know who's in there....