NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Default Registered Mail Transit Time?

Posted By: Denny

Greetings,

Thought I'd Ask if any of you Fellow Texans(or close states might even be of help!) know the Registered Mail Time in Transit to PSA? Sent a Package March 28th and their Website and Phone Agent are telling me the same thing....Only that, it has been accepted on the 28th!? Nothin' Else...

8 Days and counting

Life's Grand,
Denny Walsh

Old 04-07-2007, 03:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave F

Is kind of funny...I'm in Atlanta and haven't had anything take that long. But also the chances of something being lost registered mail are probably next to nil.

Old 04-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Keith O'Leary

I think they have 15 days to deliver. I've had a couple take almost that.

my collection http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f92/vwtdi55/

Old 04-07-2007, 03:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul

I'm in Austin, & I've experienced that before. It's not unusual for registered mail. It's a little frustrating that the post office can't track it, since it has to be signed for at every stop. I think you'll be ok. I'v had packages mailed to me via registered mail take two weeks from the midwest, & I've sent a couple to PSA take as long as yours. The worst is when somebody mails me something first class.

Old 04-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JimB

Registered Mail time varies a lot! Back and forth from Portland, OR to SGC takes about three days. A couple of months ago SGC sent some cards back to me on the same day as a collector I was doing a trade with in Tennessee. The SGC package arrived in 3 days. The Tennessee package took 8 working days.
JimB

Old 04-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tony

I bought a card from a dealer in California, and I live in Pennsylvania. It took 13 days. I thought the card was lost, but I worked for the post office while I was in college. The person responsible for the registered mail where I worked, said he dealt with registered mail for 21 years, and never had a package lost. I would give it a few maore days. Also, the website for tracking that kind of mail sucks. I had the same problem, no updates for almost 2 weeks, and they finally updated the website the day after I got the card on the usps website. Hope this helps - Tony.

Old 04-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Eric B

I have noticed that the stupid tracking only says it was accepted until that point at which it was delivered. And that often takes 2-3 weeks. You have no choice but to be patient.

Old 04-07-2007, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

It takes a while... One thing happening is that Registered Mail is under lock and key during transit. And when it changes hands there's record keeping requirements that slow transit.

Old 04-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: joe

It takes along time, the package is checked and put in a safe at every location. 2 weeks is not out of the ordinary.

Joe

Ty Cobb, Spikes flying!

Old 04-08-2007, 07:59 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Weisner

My Registered Mail packages going from NC to CA get there in 1-2 days max, but it takes 3 days plus to go to NJ. Go figure.... Be well Brian

Old 04-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Damian

im a carrier...NOT a clerk,

but registered mail is the safest by far, the reason for time differences as i understand are where they go and how many are coming with it... those letters & packages sent this way are cataloged, sealed, & locked with metal serial numbered clips. The Truck drivers have to sign for them from the offices and they have to have them signed for by the receiving office or plant.. so all this signing and locking etc make for longer delays. Where as with normal stuff from USPS or UPS just go in a bin and off they go!

So possibly if only a few items are going from one plant to another there is less logging and transferring, and less delay.

But "It's in the mail."

Old 04-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike

I had a registered package take THREE weeks from Virginia to California send December 1st. Arrived save and sound just before Christmas.

It's not the quickest method and the buyer complained and complained that I should have sent it FedEx, but I'm still going to ship everything Registered because it's by far the safest.