NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-16-2014, 02:42 PM
Dave

Looking at closed auctions, it's amazing how much more these knuckleheads will bid a beat to sh*t reprint up to, compared to a decent condition reprint.

Last edited by D. Bergin; 09-16-2014 at 02:43 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:49 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

It may just be my cynicism but here is my hypothesis of what happened.

The guy bought a reprint. Knew it was a reprint as it stated so and he put in a lot of bids to know that it was a reprint. He put it on craigslist (as referenced at the end of the article) to scam someone. The news picked up the story that someone in town had a Wagner. The News sought out more information and the guy was stuck having to come up with how he got it and why he believes it is real.

Just like the Edwards Cobb the news just takes the owner's claim that it is real as gospel and runs with it.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:14 PM
pete ullman

I just sold some stock today at a few G loss...I gambled...I lost too! Someone call fox news!!!

Last edited by ullmandds; 09-16-2014 at 03:19 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:15 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpm0014 View Post
My only point was: Had this guy used the same quality reprints, and posted them on the BST board, and listed them for $12, he sells them all day. At first glance it was a pretty good reprint. Only because it was a Wagner did we all look closer.
Maybe he sells them, but when the buyer opens the package they should have some sort of gut feeling, even if it's very tiny, that the item has an issue. They can then magnify it and they will know immediately.

True, for an ebay common you aren't going to question it; however, a seller is also unlikely to create a $12 forgery. We could argue all day about that, but it's my opinion. Also, when you take it out of the package you will notice something amiss, even if it's just a tiny bit of discomfort. At that point you get out the loupe. If you don't, that's your business. In all likelihood it's the only $12 forgery you'll ever buy anyway.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:17 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Looking at closed auctions, it's amazing how much more these knuckleheads will bid a beat to sh*t reprint up to, compared to a decent condition reprint.

There is a big difference between a T206 reprint and a T206 forgery (like this one), when you are dealing with internet scans. You can spot a beat-up card from a reprint set quickly.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:20 PM
Jeff Lowe

I have a couple cars to sell that guy .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (30.7 KB, 624 views)
Old 09-16-2014, 03:36 PM
Christopher Herman

Real Sweet Cap back + reproduction Wagner front + arts and crafts techniques + a lot of free time + uneducated buyer + lazy journalism = $0.0 (that's zero point zero dollars for all you Animal House fans out there).

My needs lists:
W514 strip cards
W515-2 strip cards
Old 09-16-2014, 05:02 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjohnsonsoxfan View Post
Love the news guy's pronunciation of Honus as "Hannus".
I have trouble detecting sarcasm on the Internet, so please forgive me if I missed it.

Hearing a mass media talking head pronounce Wagner's first name properly was pretty impressive to me, too.

After all, his name was Johannes.

Best regards,

Eric
Old 09-16-2014, 05:04 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206hound View Post
Lol nbc... Ugh
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:23 PM
Jeff C.

The buyer user account looks to be very active over the past day.
He must be searching for all of the hard to find 1987 Topps.

trdcrdkid; michael peich; baseball*collectibles; hardspun8; iowadoc77; deafsports; rdixon1208; r0ck8ott0m; comiskey; lukelyon; t206collector; jcc; mybuddyinc; lharri3600; majordandy; brass_rat; obcbobd; cozumeleno; milkit1; joem36; jlehma13; thromdog; sean1125; zachs; jasonc; jollyroger; dougscats; vintageismygame; jmanos; t206blogcom; bn2cardz; btcarfagno; ionlysmoke4thecards; gradedcardman; mantleman + I think I’m forgetting a few people.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:49 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Anyone know where they came up with the specific number (57) of known Wagners? Plucked from the sky, perhaps?

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 09-16-2014, 05:54 PM
Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I posted that comment ONLY from seeing the video and not a close up of the card. On further inspection after the links were posted, I don't think it's going to be a happy ending for the buyer. I hope I am wrong though.
+++1. The guy seems like a really great guy, but I would be amazed if the real deal was sold through ebay, rather than via REA, Goodwin, etc. who's going to let a real one go for just $170???

Best of luck to the gentleman, however. It would be wonderful to think that fate could smile so tremendously upon him!

Larry
Old 09-16-2014, 06:01 PM
D3nn!s B@!!ou

Hey maybe YOU could be the next! Lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/honus-wagner...item1c46334acb

30 bids
Old 09-16-2014, 08:00 PM

Default as a collector....

seeking Wagner my whole life....this is another "ark"........
Old 09-16-2014, 08:23 PM
Jeff C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Econteachert205 View Post
Hey maybe YOU could be the next! Lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/honus-wagner...item1c46334acb

30 bids
What's the deal with feebay guidelines forcing him to list as a reprint? Do they have a special rule in place for Wagner cards?
Old 09-16-2014, 08:28 PM
Mike Kaminski

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetwins View Post
What's the deal with feebay guidelines forcing him to list as a reprint? Do they have a special rule in place for Wagner cards?
I think its just a way of protecting himself from any claims of him selling it as an authentic Wagner.

He knows its a worthless reprint, but he gives the illusion of the possibility of it being authentic saying he's not sure, but not guaranteeing it.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:29 PM
D3nn!s B@!!ou

Quote:
If you list as a reprint, clearly and straight forward, card does nothing. If instead you say that ebay forces you to list it as a reprint, suckers think it might actually be real and place bids. Also happens with Jordan rookies and certain other cards.

Got molina'd

Last edited by Econteachert205; 09-16-2014 at 08:30 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:31 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
To my knowledge ,The Wagner is one of the cards that must be graded to sell on ebay. If not listed somewhere as a reprint, it would have to be yanked (in theory).
Old 09-16-2014, 08:40 PM
Tho.mas Car.ter

The guy is a real gem too. says he won it last month when he won it on the 8th. Then in one post he says
Jason Mars Yeah reprints are sold online but unless you have held an authentic Wagner then don't comment...trust me...been collecting 35 years and have hundreds of t206 cards...I know what a reprint is!!!have u spent 300 hours researching and mag ifying this card and printing and everythih...please don't comment unless u know....not what u think u know...only true way is to have card in your hand a d do all the test period!
Like · Reply · 6 hours ago

and he is also saying he was a card grader

Jason Mars Honestly why would u even comment.....couple hundred t206 cards 35 years experience and you make a judgment from a picture....only way to authentic it is lots of test...you judge when u don't even know....did u know I was a card grader??????????hmmmmmm.....

He is also claiming alot of "big time" collectors were bidding on it so that shows it is real. If they thought it was real wouldnt they bid more than 200 bucks lol.
Thank you Benjamin...I do want to say one thing I could buy 100 reprints for 10...why would I pay 200 for this card if I could buy a reprint for a dollar...I was bidding against olot of big time collectors....so. if they were bidding they saw something to.....no one in there right mind would pay 200 for a reprint if they can buy it for a dollar.....this 100 percent real....the people who are saying it is fake doesn't have the card in front of them and foesny know who I talked to......thank you Benjamin for they comment and you will see its real...I appreciate your nice comment.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:16 PM
Mich.ael We.ntz

Update: It was an old man just wanting to get rid of it. He didn't care about money:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152454916018043
Old 09-16-2014, 10:22 PM
Belltown Vintage

I would stick this guy on your "internet ignore list", along with the Cincinnati boys. This is about as interesting as your t.v. being stuck on the Hallmark channel.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:44 PM

This exact same card was SOLD on eBay, closing on July 6, 2014, for $100.00
It was listed in the Title as REPRINT.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpm0014 View Post
My only point was: Had this guy used the same quality reprints, and posted them on the BST board, and listed them for $12, he sells them all day. At first glance it was a pretty good reprint. Only because it was a Wagner did we all look closer.
I was reading through this thread... I'm feelin' a bit bettur taday, I'm able to follow it all the way thru. So, I started ta think that If this Gentleman tried to Sell these Reprints on the BST, Everyone hear would Race to Start a Thread oN "What A Knucklehead" this Gentleman iS! (Then I came across the added quote...)

As fir the quoted text... I do believe that You are am Extreme Optimist!
Most folk here are Well versed... And the ones that aren't, Well... they Truly have the Grand Ability Ask Any & All Questions... Some of these Gals & fellr's are Like Natural Ocean Sponges. They pick Everythin uP Very Quickly!

My next thought was... After All this "PUBLISITY", Will All of the Other Tree~nuts Come Swingin' Out to Claim Their Once iN a Life ~ Time Holy Grail?

Can You Imagine if This Gentlemen's Sales Actually Went uP

As Always my Friends...
Old 09-17-2014, 04:24 AM
pete ullman

yes...this jason mars guy seems like a really nice, knowledgable guy!
Old 09-17-2014, 07:20 AM
Mich.ael We.ntz

http://www.ebay.com/itm/T206-Honus-W...p2047675.l2557
Old 09-17-2014, 07:30 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Too funny...... now the real wagners are multiplying and coming out of the woodwork. There must be a stack of them somewhere. All of these people must be really fortunate!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/honus-wagner...3D271545408277

Old 09-17-2014, 07:30 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW1 View Post
Update: It was an old man just wanting to get rid of it. He didn't care about money:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152454916018043
I'd figured it was a computer print front maybe printed on a skinned common. Then I saw the closeup of the back on the extra footage. The entire thing is fake.

I must admit I once took a chance on a couple "goudeys" that were listed as reprints. Seller had others that had sold as real, cards didn't have obvious reprint things. In hand they weren't even out of the plastic before I knew they were reprints. Good looking ones, but still reprints. Since they were sold as reprints and were only ten bucks I figure I'll make a display piece out of them someday.

And of course while they were in transit the feedback came in on the others that had sold as real.........Yep, all reprints.

Steve B
Old 09-17-2014, 07:32 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by callou2131 View Post
The guy is a real gem too. says he won it last month when he won it on the 8th. Then in one post he says
Jason Mars Yeah reprints are sold online but unless you have held an authentic Wagner then don't comment...trust me...been collecting 35 years and have hundreds of t206 cards...I know what a reprint is!!!have u spent 300 hours researching and mag ifying this card and printing and everythih...please don't comment unless u know....not what u think u know...only true way is to have card in your hand a d do all the test period!
Like · Reply · 6 hours ago

and he is also saying he was a card grader

Jason Mars Honestly why would u even comment.....couple hundred t206 cards 35 years experience and you make a judgment from a picture....only way to authentic it is lots of test...you judge when u don't even know....did u know I was a card grader??????????hmmmmmm.....

He is also claiming alot of "big time" collectors were bidding on it so that shows it is real. If they thought it was real wouldnt they bid more than 200 bucks lol.
Thank you Benjamin...I do want to say one thing I could buy 100 reprints for 10...why would I pay 200 for this card if I could buy a reprint for a dollar...I was bidding against olot of big time collectors....so. if they were bidding they saw something to.....no one in there right mind would pay 200 for a reprint if they can buy it for a dollar.....this 100 percent real....the people who are saying it is fake doesn't have the card in front of them and foesny know who I talked to......thank you Benjamin for they comment and you will see its real...I appreciate your nice comment.

It is hard for me to believe he has ever dealt with a t206 based off the video. The video has him going through a binder of newer "shiney" cards and then stops to point out a card that is "40 years old", if he gets excited to point out a 70's card than I doubt he sees, let alone owns, any pre war cards.

Last edited by bn2cardz; 09-17-2014 at 07:33 AM.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:48 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

I see that the news did an update piece last night where they indicate that many people claim it is a reprint:

http://www.mynews4.com/news/local/st...lftAbmPiQ.cspx
Old 09-17-2014, 08:45 AM
John Startleman

"Fake, fake, fake, fake, fake."

Last edited by sportscardtheory; 09-17-2014 at 08:46 AM.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:40 AM
Pau.l C

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
I see that the news did an update piece last night where they indicate that many people claim it is a reprint:

http://www.mynews4.com/news/local/st...lftAbmPiQ.cspx
The kind of basic research any news organization should be doing before the first article was printed or TV interview was aired.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOzAgpxg5wE

when you trust too much in hearing something on TV or the Internet
my 8 9 year old daughter just says "Bonjour"

This Wagner story reminds me of that commercial
Old 09-17-2014, 09:54 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernieto View Post
The kind of basic research any news organization should be doing before the first article was printed or TV interview was aired.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOzAgpxg5wE

when you trust too much in hearing something on TV or the Internet
my 8 9 year old daughter just says "Bonjour"

This Wagner story reminds me of that commercial
This "news" service really did lack any investigative journalism. I still believe they jumped on a craigslist fad and didn't bother to do any more research since the owner was an expert with a "40 year old card" in his collection.

This really does have the same feeling as the Edwards-Cobb card. An obvious fake with a delusional (or con artist) person trying to state that it is real when everyone that knows prewar cards can spot that it is a fake. Then a news agency reports on the finding and struggles of the owner. All the while everyone with knowledge is screaming at them that it is a fake.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:12 PM
Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I posted that comment ONLY from seeing the video and not a close up of the card. On further inspection after the links were posted, I don't think it's going to be a happy ending for the buyer. I hope I am wrong though.
+++1. The buyer seems like a great guy, but do you really sell an authentic Wagner in that venue, rather than through REA, Goodwin, etc., with an appropriate reserve? What legitimate seller would let one go for that price?

It would, however, be wonderful to see fate smiling down with such tremendous intensity on a good guy in a screwed up world! I hope it happens.

Best wishes,

Larry
Old 09-17-2014, 02:43 PM
Steven Finley

In reality what was the last undiscovered Wagner to suddenly appear in the market? Not an instance like the Nun Wagner that was already a known commodity in a secret collection, but I true "I have no idea what I have here" appearance. Got to be what? Early 80's? I'm sure there might be a handful of secret Wagner's hiding in unknown collection, but the idea of a new example magically appearing in a dusty attic is just a fairy tale and will with most certainly never happen again in my eyes.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:53 PM
Joe

I'm searching for the Holy Grail.

We've already got one. It's very nice.

I told him we've already got one!

Laughter behind the wall.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:12 PM
Ed McCollum

Default For the most part, reporters aren't bright enough to read the news,

much less research it.

My wife and I have been interested in penny flooring for some time. Found a news item on youtube about a woman in New York, who the reporters said had $30,000 in pennies invested in her floor.

Hummmmm.... there are 225 pennies in a square foot. That would mean her kitchen was 13,333 square foot.

Later, in an article on their website, the station corrected themselves, saying they realized that while she may have said she had $30,000 in pennies invested in her floor, the eight foot by 12 foot kitchen actually had only 16,000 pennies (counting cupboards taking space) at a cost to her of $160.

$30,000 vs. $160. My favorite part was it was a Fox station that had the report. Never known for getting any facts right.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:21 PM
Tho.mas Car.ter

He is not a great guy. I caught him in numerous lies which the news station removed from Facebook. First he said he got it last month, but the auction ended on the 7th. Then he said he spent 300 hours examining the card through a loop, when he hasn't even had the card 300 hours, then he changed it to 100 hours. He said it was an 87 year old man just trying to get rid of cards and didn't care about the money. He said he offered the man $200 on the phone. If that is the case and he was sure it was real, he tried to screw an old man out of thousands of dollars by taking advantage of him not knowing. Also this old man trying to get rid of his collection purchased this reprint on 7/6 for $59. He has stated that he was a professional card grader, then he refers to the cards edge as "the rim" of the card. He stated that it has been authenticated and had paper testing done, then he says a pawn shop owner and some guy that does lithographs authenticated it. Then he told the news that he will be having authenticated later. He attempted to sell this card on craigslist first. Then when it didn't sell he contacted the news about this. Again trying to screw someone. He is trying to use the news to legitimize this card. Here are some of his quotes from Facebook that were removed.
Yeah reprints are sold online but unless you have held an authentic Wagner then don't comment...trust me...been collecting 35 years and have hundreds of t206 cards...I know what a reprint is!!!have u spent 300 hours researching and mag ifying this card and printing and everythih...please don't comment unless u know....not what u think u know...only true way is to have card in your hand a d do all the test period!

Amazing card only 57 in world. Was authenticated today at 100 percent authentic

Honestly why would u even comment.....couple hundred t206 cards 35 years experience and you make a judgment from a picture....only way to authentic it is lots of test...you judge when u don't even know....did u know I was a card grader??????????hmmmmmm.....

You gathers can hate all you want....do your research I am a card expert....card grader...thanks everyone for the nice post but remember this to everyone who thinks its a fake....special print testing was done....paper testing....did you check rim of card??? You can't unless you have it in your possession....none of you are card experts and none of you grade cards for a living??? You cannot make a judgment unless u have the card! I am sure none of you have graded card! None of you have t206 card collections! Hmmm does any of you know there is a 26 card inspection...probably not! That's what the problem with world now days people sit back and judge off one photo? Do u know why card was listed as reprint no you don't??? Go figure life out....its a shame when something good comes to someone people like u have nothing better to do them judge what u don't know!!!! All you card experts think that you can determine validity of card from a photo. Keep your opinions to yourself unless you know the facts!

This guy is Scum. Plus from his rantings filled with awful grammar, I would venture to guess he isn't too bright either.

Last edited by callou2131; 09-17-2014 at 03:24 PM.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:28 PM
Tho.mas Car.ter

Also if you watch the original video he says he is out of work and that he lost his job because he has had multiple back surgeries. But in this article http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines...275383891.html

He says he works in the warehouse of a food bank. he is trying to prey on the sympathy card. I would bet that once it is proven fake they will try and do some fundraising to help out this poor out of work man that was fired because of his back injuries. This is a scam by a con man.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:30 PM
Jeff Lowe

Big foot found news at 11 .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (73.8 KB, 537 views)
Old 09-17-2014, 05:00 PM
D3nn!s B@!!ou

Omg tulip bulb mania

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121436850891...torefresh=true

Let's play what could they have bought instead.... I'll start, a psa 1.5 cobb t205
Old 09-17-2014, 05:17 PM
Sean Costello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Econteachert205 View Post
Omg tulip bulb mania

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121436850891...torefresh=true

Let's play what could they have bought instead.... I'll start, a psa 1.5 cobb t205
Two PSA 1 Titus, or 10 PSA 4 commons.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:19 PM
pete ullman

a super rare t206 with no name on the bottom!
Old 09-17-2014, 05:29 PM
Sean Costello

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
a super rare t206 with no name on the bottom!
Pete, I hope you aren't selling yours already.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:49 PM
pete ullman

i was merely playing the game!
Old 09-22-2014, 08:56 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

I was curious if any news outlet ever acknowledge their mistake in running a story of a guy buying a fake when I ran across his brother's FB page that states "Everyone say a prayer for my brother! He will know if he has a real honus Wagner card worth up to $2,000,000 by 8:00am!" This was posted on the 18th. So Friday, the 19th, it seems Jason Mars should have had his answer. Yet there hasn't been a mention since the 17th. You would think that if it was real the news would be all over the answer that came in on the 19th "by 8:00am".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (44.1 KB, 493 views)
Old 09-22-2014, 09:19 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Wow so his brother's post got me curious and found that Jason Mars has listed an auction on ebay purely to try and advertise this fake card:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Topps-N...item2a43c7f6be

Also on top of that he was spamming the news agencies (along with ESPN) about the card prior to someone finally picking up the story. He was posting:

Quote:
Honus Wagner baseball card found!!
The famous 1909 T206 honus Wagner baseball card has been found in sparks Nevada!! The rarest and most expensive card has been uncovered in sparks Nevada.amazing find
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (39.6 KB, 476 views)
Old 09-22-2014, 09:30 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

...And anyone who thinks he is just a poor sucker that doesn't know what he is doing here is the evidence that he buys reprints to resell:

Bought Aug 18th a Gehrig listed as a reprint for $10.50:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1933-LOU-GEH...item1e9026c6f0

Then sells the same card Sept 6th missing any info about it being a reprint for $48.50:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Baseball-car...p2047675.l2557
Old 09-22-2014, 09:44 AM
pete ullman

but he's such a nice guy?!
Old 09-22-2014, 09:44 AM

There's suspense about this?!
Old 09-22-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
I was curious if any news outlet ever acknowledge their mistake in running a story of a guy buying a fake when I ran across his brother's FB page that states "Everyone say a prayer for my brother! He will know if he has a real honus Wagner card worth up to $2,000,000 by 8:00am!" This was posted on the 18th. So Friday, the 19th, it seems Jason Mars should have had his answer. Yet there hasn't been a mention since the 17th. You would think that if it was real the news would be all over the answer that came in on the 19th "by 8:00am".
Interesting. I guess we have two winners here... the original eBay seller who got close to $200 for a reprint, and PSA who got some coin for the grading fee (isn't the fee $500 for a card of this magnitude?).