NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-07-2009, 08:45 PM
Administrator

Default Answers to my many newly adored hecklers

Posted By: marshall barkman

What did the horny toad say? Rub it Rub it

Old 03-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: A Patton

...smart move

Old 03-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Marshall, Marshall, Marshall.....what are we going to do with you? Ya know, I am not offended at all by your rhetoric because I sort of "get" you. However, I have a duty to keep the board civil and, I guess, a little boring. If you are offending board members it is my duty to ask you to please stop, so please stop. This isn't the Marshall show...it's a place to talk (mainly) about pre-war vintage baseball cards. If you want to talk about cards fine, if not, then this forum is the wrong place for you. Nothing personal....best regards

edited to add that by the time I posted you took care of it...thanks!!

Old 03-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Al C.risafulli

VERY smart move.

Although I'd ban you anyway.

-Al

Old 03-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim VB

I read his original post and immediately checked my calendar to make sure it wasn't April 1st. I was sure it was another of Leon's jokes.

Unfortunately, it wasn't.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Administrator

I just posted it on the wrong message post Leon. It's all good with me because deep down i know who these people are. They try and entice and press buttons and when i respond they run and complain because they are offended. I just saw your post but my thoughts are what they are so really i have no problem staying off this board. If people are offended then wow what a overly sensitive group.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tim

This thread is going to turn into the Marshall Show so lets go ahead with it.

Marshall I know you have rubbed a lot of people the wrong way and like Leon said I get you. I believe you have card knowledge, I believe own great cards, I believe you know people with great wealth, etc. etc.

But be cognizant of the board and what is expected of those that post here. Every group needs a rebel but dont push the limits to the point that youre unwelcome. Walk the line and Bring The Noise but understand that there is a saturation point.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Administrator

Tim...i do but really this is mild. Just because a guy adds a few bleeps or whatever is no big deal. I see them all the time in other posts. I also know the real deal here. Folks are really upset at Leon because he has not banned me so it is like a lynch mob in front of the Sherriff's station. The hilarious thing is if these people are so self righteous and politically correct why are they reading my posts? I do not see ministers reading Playboy at the local truck stop.

Does anyone realize that when i post it always goes past 100 because this same group of Jane Fonda fans come on my posts constantly questioning everything?

Old 03-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Administrator

Marshall I really do understand where youre coming from. However, just because youre posts insight debate and garner 100 or more responses, it doesnt always make them worthwhile content.

Be yourself, be the guy that pushes buttons and incites debate, but make it for a worthwhile contribution to everyone, or even just a few, not just yourself and I think more people would appreciate your personality like a few of us do.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Adam

Leon - Will you please end this and block this Marshall guy. I am sick of this. And so is everyone else. This board is becoming horrible.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Adam

"i have no problem staying off this board"

Good.

Bye.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:42 PM
Administrator

Come down off the cross Adam. Your Napoleon like attitude is easy to see thru. There are 50 other posts on here so go and bother someone else this evening.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bottom of the Ninth

BRING ON THE NOOSE...please

Old 03-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Administrator

Tim...i do not post to garner attention or hope it is worthwhile content. When folks have questions then i answer them the best i can. If you notice my original first post in regards to Milehigh there is nothing wrong. But as usual somewhere along the line these folks keep all their inhibitions inside so when one attacks me here comes the whole gang.......whoaaaaa....8 lines from like 4 different posts from Joann.....are you kidding me is the gal like a stalker or something? Al C who is so ignorant to the entertainment world that he actually believes you have to have a major record deal to have a song on the radio. I really don't try and badger these people but they surely love to read my posts and god forbid if i do not walk the righteous road.

What these people should do is go to the Ty Cobb website. Look at his quotes. Look at his language. Why do you collect his cards? Why do you sell his cards? If everyone is so politically correct and self righteous then how can anyone collect pre 1900 ballplayers because the last time i checked a few of them make me look like a angel.

If you check Yahoo front's page right now you will see what people are looking at. Respectively Chris Brown......Terrell Owens and Britney Spears.....looks to me like BRINGING THE NOISE just went up a notch.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:05 PM
Administrator

Marhall:

I promised I'd leave you alone.

However:

You don't have to have a major deal to get a song on the radio. Not at all.

It is, however, very uncommon that you can have a Top 10 single without a major label deal. It's happened, of course.

Secret Records, best I can see, was an imprint of Sony. Sony is a major. I could be wrong, since I'm not familiar with the song in question.

I also don't see your CD in a Secret Records back catalog anywhere.

As far as loving your posts is concerned, I actually hate your posts. I can't stand reading them. I think you have no clue what you're talking about, and I think you clutter this board with nonsense. I've hardly posted to this board at all since the last debacle with you. I've been sick all day, however, and have had some other extenuating circumstances that have caused me to spend a lot of time on 54 today, so I couldn't avoid you. Eventually I got irritated enough to comment. Simple as that. You don't cause me to post more, you cause me not to come here.

-Al

Old 03-07-2009, 10:12 PM
Administrator

Marshall I get that and I get you, Im just saying that in your effort to convey your message more times than not the topic at hand gets off point because of you rather than differences in opinion on the subject at hand.

Im well aware that many of the boards contributors see your name and automatically decent or change the focus simply because its you and I dont blame you for taking them on. But for the good of everyone we need to find a way to keep things on point. Every post begun by you or involving you cant be reduced to Marshall against the board or it becomes a waste of everyones time and proactive to what this forum is for.

As Ive said before, I appreciate your maverick style and dont want to see anyone banned because theyre unsettling to the status quo, but you have to understand that dissention doesnt warrant contribution. And contribution that is overshadowed by conflict wont last.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: dstudeba

If you aspire to be like Chris Brown, Britney Spears, and TO, go for it. Personally I regard them as failures.

Al C. on the other hand I recognize a success and I would much rather be compared to him than any of the three you mentioned. If that makes me a pathetic nothing in the Marshall book I can live with that.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jeff W.

ban this guy. Honestly, Leon, he is a joke, ban him.

Jeff

Old 03-07-2009, 10:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Don

You can lead a gift horse to water, but you can't look him in the mouth.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: CoreyRSh.anus

The focus of this (side of the) board is to be prewar baseball cards. Yes from time to time we digress and yes, from time to time perhaps train wrecks can become entertaining. But when such digressions/train wrecks become more the rule than the occasional exception, then perhaps its time for the moderator to take action.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:24 PM
Administrator

Al......well Stevie B got into a major fight with my song writing partner and guitarist. The two of them almost came to blows so after speaking to my attorney i decided not to release the cd and met with Stevie and he let me and the band out of the contract, he told my guitarist he was a cancer and did not allow disease in his camp and i was like.....whooaaaaaaa....wrong move. The band was not happy and it was a difficult time to say the least for all parties involved.

None of it really matters because i'm not the type to lie. Who in the world could make up Secret Records or Stevie B? Perhaps i should have signed with RCA but when i did the math it is was shocking, you would have to go platinum and then really roll to make any money. Bands were being shelved left and right for selling 300 to 400,000 copies of their debut record. Lives were destroyed and many artists were taken advantage of and lost homes and some even their life.

Music was much different then because the internet did not dominate everyone's life. There were over 45 major labels and 100's of indie labels. Now there are like 2 or 3 majors and no one really cares. Clear Channel has destroyed music and if you do not believe me then turn on the radio. What a bunch of bland no personality acts.

A majority of what you read on the website or myspace are thoughts i had in 2006 with a team of folks behind me in regards to brand marketing and corporate identity. In 2006 my goal was to have a single in the top 10 and also corporate sponsorships but now things are different, i'm not concerned about the radio or music industry because wow is it awful and please no corporate types on my golf bag or hat and sweater. I do however want to win a golf tournament and at some point i will because quite frankly i'm that good.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob Pomilla

Woman beater Chris Brown BRINGS THE NOISE?!?

Old 03-07-2009, 10:36 PM
Administrator

What Leon should do is ban anyone who goes on a individuals post and uses the word ban. Not one time have i ever complained or whined to Leon about banning people for things they have said. Oh that's right i'm a grown man and do not feel sorry for myself and play constant little violins about everything that is wrong with people or their statements.

By the way Al their is a huge pity party for you in your guilt trip about why you no longer come on the board. I mean dude how old are you? I buy cards are on here all the time and no way would i stop coming to a message board because of another person's opinion. Talk about weak minded and being sappy.

I do enjoy the board and several people on here but there are a few folks that have real issues with security and confidence. God help any of you if you had to actually play a competitive sport for a living because the needle never stops from your peers, my comments are mild as to what goes on in the fairways and behind the scenes.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:46 PM
Administrator

Dude, I haven't been staying away because of your opinion, I've been staying away because you are BORING.

If I want to be exposed to an unbelievable ass, there are a million websites that do it better than you. If I want someone who can BRING THE NOISE, there are a million places I can go to find it louder than you can ever bring it. If I want to come talk about baseball cards, and I come here and it's all cluttered with your vapid yammering, it's not worth sifting through all the garbage to find something meaningful to read.

-Al

Old 03-07-2009, 10:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: J Levine

Just to correct Marshall one more time...

There were not 45 major record labels...

The four major labels that are around today were there with a handful of failing labels from times past (Mowtown, Columbia) and a few upstarts that flourished and died rather quickly (Geffen, Hollywood).

Most of the labels were either branding of the big four (Warner, EMI, Universal Music, and Sony) or true independents (Epitaph being one of my favs. and one of the biggest and most successful).

Marshall is correct that with the advent of MP3 and the internet and Live Nation (Clear Channel) the record labels have taken a massive hit.

Marshall needs to shout less and listen more. Maybe he will one day learn that people actually do have more knowledge than he does.

Joshua

Old 03-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Administrator

Thanks, Joshua, if there were 45 major labels in 1993 I would have had a much easier time getting a P&D deal for my own label. happy.gif

-Al

Old 03-08-2009, 12:10 AM
Administrator

Levine...maybe you have had one to many this evening. What happened to Island Records? How about Dreamworks? RCA? Atlantic? Virgin? Capitol? Interscope? .....i could go on but really dude it is late and when you state that Geffen records was just a upstart label that died rather quickly let's me know exactly who you are.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:16 AM
Administrator

Posted By: apuald

Okay, I admit it. I was completely wrong with what I said in the other related thread. This will end just like the arrival of the Hale-Bopp comet.... just a couple of (or maybe in this case just one) dead freaks covered with flimsy blankets while the rest of the world cheers. APaulD.