NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-30-2015, 11:42 PM
Jeff R

Default Question on this EBay auction???

Can any experts out there shed some light on this auction for me. Why did this xxxxx go for $xxx? It looks like a vg-ex in my amateur opinion, which would put it around a $xx card. Am I understating the cards condition or is there something else I'm not seeing. I would love to hear your thoughts, thanks!

****(It was recommended I remove the link as to not possibly mess up the completion of the sale, when the sale is completed, I will repost)
Successful Net54 transactions with: t206fix x2, Shammus, mybuddyinc x3, FrankWakefield, Brian Van Horn, Jrsox, Vintagetoppsguy, powderfinger, Bocabirdman x2, Baseball*Collectibles, bcbgcbrcb, Vintageismygame, usernamealreadytaken, oldjudge x2, Joshchisox08, rocarroll, Voodoochild, Sebie43 and frankbmd and more...

Last edited by Jeff_cvc; 07-01-2015 at 11:04 AM.
Old 07-01-2015, 01:33 AM
Mike C@.v3

And the seller mentions that it might be trimmed!

Here are my thoughts...

Possible ultra tough front back combo

Possible shill bidding

Or the seller is a really good car salesman
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48
Old 07-01-2015, 03:14 AM
Jerry Tate

Default bidding

Nothing about the bidding looks like shilling.......
Old 07-01-2015, 04:12 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Some guys doing a back run that need a Factory 30?

Doesn't look like shilling to me. The guy has sold mostly T206s with clear scans of the front and back, so 10% bid with this seller doesn't seem strange.
It looks like the guy with 1151 feedback set a lot of snipes on this guy's auctions and won all/most of them.

Just looks like the guy is trying to put together a Factory 30 subset, since all the cards this seller listed were Fac30.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:10 AM
Jeff R

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Some guys doing a back run that need a Factory 30?

Doesn't look like shilling to me. The guy has sold mostly T206s with clear scans of the front and back, so 10% bid with this seller doesn't seem strange.
It looks like the guy with 1151 feedback set a lot of snipes on this guy's auctions and won all/most of them.

Just looks like the guy is trying to put together a Factory 30 subset, since all the cards this seller listed were Fac30.
That is a lot to shell out to complete a subset. Maybe if it was the more difficult factory 25 I would get it, but the fac 30 wouldn't seem that difficult to acquire. Thanks everyone for your feedback!
Successful Net54 transactions with: t206fix x2, Shammus, mybuddyinc x3, FrankWakefield, Brian Van Horn, Jrsox, Vintagetoppsguy, powderfinger, Bocabirdman x2, Baseball*Collectibles, bcbgcbrcb, Vintageismygame, usernamealreadytaken, oldjudge x2, Joshchisox08, rocarroll, Voodoochild, Sebie43 and frankbmd and more...
Old 07-01-2015, 08:51 AM
Bry@n

There is a reason for it and I would take down the link so nobody messes with the sale. I think this might be the same auction that Josh posted this morning and then took down for the same reason. Give it a few days to ship and then I am sure people will discuss.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:06 AM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu View Post
There is a reason for it and I would take down the link so nobody messes with the sale. I think this might be the same auction that Josh posted this morning and then took down for the same reason. Give it a few days to ship and then I am sure people will discuss.
Well if someone messes with a sale once it's completed then they're a pathetic loser who has no morals/ethics. I know one person on the memorabilia side who enjoys doing this to people that get good deals.