NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 03-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Scott

Default Its Roach's corner Auction time for March!!

http://www.myccsa.com/Browse.aspx

Just a heads up for all. Three I picked out just from page one, to get her rolling.

Lot 12 a John Clarkson Cut.

Lot 14 a Roger Connor ball (who is Jim Hayes, Morales cousin? )

And my favorite in the early numbers, including a 1880 date, a cut sig of JESSE JAMES..woww wowwwwww. (Lot 29)

Also, check out lots 801-20, w GREAT cuts from Sam Thompson, Another Eddie Plank, John Hancock, Joe Kelly, Martin Luther King and so many more. Plus, Cap Anson returns and earlier on. how bout a "Famous Flyers" album page, signed by Earhart, Orville Wright and Charles Lindbergh? ONLY AT THE ROACH's Corner can you find such items!!

Feel free everyone to post their favorite items as they find em. Remember these are all brought to you by the crew at Coach's Commode, Scott and Lee, and of course Morales, Spat Authentic and many more, all here to serve the needs of the collector!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by GrayGhost; 03-04-2010 at 03:00 PM. Reason: add to description.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:17 PM

-

Last edited by Vintagedegu; 08-21-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:20 PM
Richard Simon

This is my favorite, only because it might qualify as the worst FORGERY ever put on CC.
Lee, come on guy, you can do better than this.
If one of that gang of 3 sent you this one, then you need to whip them into shape.

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/204/walter...signature.aspx

--
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 03-04-2010, 05:44 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

wow... that one really is bad!

At least they usually somewhat resemble the authentic version. This might be the worst I have seen as well.... surprised that even these guys would feature that one, as it would cost nothing to crumple up the paper and start over again...
Old 03-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Kyle B@rni@k

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/204/james-...-baseball.aspx

Did they dig up poor Mr. Bell, put a pen in his hand and then guide it over a baseball? Does that make it authentic?
Old 03-05-2010, 07:56 AM
Scott

LOL to Richard. That is the WORST Johnson I have ever seen too. These guys are incredible... But, like Tom Tresh says on his videos, people that buy this crap are morons too. I mean, do a little research, see the fact bids are low on so much of this garbage, and put two and two together. it does equal FOUR even in the Coach's Crapper auctions.

I also saw Matty has made more appearances. Man, they must have a nice stock of FRESH Mathewson's on the market.

Oh, FYI, one of the Beatles signed items, it says, "these must have been signed a long time ago" as opposed to the other Beatles stuff, which must have been signed Very recently, VERY, even by John and George
Old 03-05-2010, 12:48 PM
Scott

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/204/harry-...-baseball.aspx

A HARRY WRIGHT SIGNED BALL, esp that nice and bold? COME ON you stinking crooks.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Barry Sloate

Wright died in 1895. Has anybody ever seen even one signed baseball from the 19th century? And as has been pointed out, the ink hasn't even faded after about 120 years. Pretty amazing!

Last edited by barrysloate; 03-05-2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Scott

Roach's Corner has the connections Barry to get the highest quality forger..I mean, signed baseballs. I dare say that is the BOLDEST Harry Wright Ball extant. Don't miss out on this rarity, along w a Mickey Welch cut and more great forgeries from tthe Corner!!
Old 03-06-2010, 10:20 AM
Lar.ry Mur.phy

I love that signed bats and jerseys by Ruth and Gehrig are expected and that we have to point out amusing things like Titanic signed cuts, but did anyone catch their Jesse James? Didn't they sell a John Clarkson signed ball, so this would actually be the oldest signed single baseball in existence, right? As always, a combination of sad and funny...nice work Coach's!

Cheers,
Larry
Old 03-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

I heard through the "grapevine" that CC will soon be auctioning off a signed photo of none other than "Jesus Christ", the only problem being that it is all the way down to item number 452. I also heard that it was "OK'd by Lee" and it has a COA from STAT and Morales, so it has to be good, right??? Not trying to be sacrilegious or anything!!
Old 03-14-2010, 04:25 PM
Scott S

Did anybody catch the show "Pawn Stars" (I think it's History Channel) a couple of nights ago? At the beginning of the show, the they said later in the show they were featuring a signed Lou Gehrig jersey; as soon as I heard that, my ears perked up. I had a funny feeling about what I would find.

Of course, it was some beat-up ripped old jersey with a nice big black Sharpie sig from Lou Gehrig, complete with a STAT COA.

The owner of the shop on the show bought it for $3,000, since he said it had a COA. Can we contact the show and let them know what they really just bought??
Old 03-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Jim D

That jersey has 2 or 3 threads already, dont worry if you missed it, Crotch's corner should have it up for auction soon...
Old 03-24-2010, 07:15 PM
Richard Simon

Guess who??

Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of F

Reasons for this rating include:Number of complaints filed against business. Failure to respond to complaints filed against business.

As any schoolboy or girl knows F is the worst grade you can get.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 03-25-2010, 07:21 AM
Scott

Thanks Richard, and ok, w this rating and such, and the obvious complaints, I ask calmly and rationally..

WHY HAVEN'T THEY BEEN INVESTIGATED????!!!

Last edited by GrayGhost; 03-25-2010 at 07:22 AM. Reason: error in post
Old 03-25-2010, 08:12 AM
Jason

Default Barry, I won't buy any 19th century HOFer signatures...

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Wright died in 1895. Has anybody ever seen even one signed baseball from the 19th century? And as has been pointed out, the ink hasn't even faded after about 120 years. Pretty amazing!
unless they are signed in gold sharpie and have the HOF inscription!
Old 03-25-2010, 12:05 PM
Scott

HURRY..Auction closes tomorrow. Still a chance to bid. Also no bids yet on the clarkson cut, and under 400.00 on the Gehrig and Ruth signed Mini ball.
BID BID BID ..haha.

We should dedicate the rest of 2010 to getting these clowns shut down