NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-05-2005, 07:44 PM
Administrator

Default Just returned from Ft. Washington

Posted By: David Seaborn

Just got back from the show and wanted to share my thoughts. I picked up a few items but no jaw droppers, it's getting so hard to find quality vintage cards...even there. That being said, most of the guys I talked to said they were doing well selling their material. It's still one of the best shows around even if it isn't like it was a few years ago.

Also, it was great to visit with some of the vintage dealers - in particular Terry Knouse (Jr.) and Dan McKee. The SGC guys were great with their customer service (as usual) and GAI looked like they were doing well with there unopened grading. Don't know about PSA, never even walked by them. Now if only I could have found one decent Mayo or Baltimore N172!!

Old 03-05-2005, 08:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: john/z28jd

I was there today and it seemed real crowded as compared to the last couple i attended last year.I even overheard a few dealers say how good the crowds were

Old 03-05-2005, 09:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred

The Fort Washington shows are some of the best anywhere. I'm very envious of you east coasters because you have the Fort Washington shows several times a year. Terry Knouse's traveling museum of material is worth the price of admission.

Old 03-06-2005, 05:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Kevin Cummings

While I was encouraged by the number of N172s (there were more than at the last Fort Washington show and Goodwin is going to have some blazers in its next auction), unfortunately there was nothing for me to buy.

I did get some very nice grades from SGC on material I brought to them and got to chat for a while with Jay Miller, John Dreker, Dan McKee, Terry Knouse (Jr), Roger Burns and Ron Vitro. They were worth the trip.

Old 03-06-2005, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: rob

my first major show experience...was a lot of fun, overwhelming when you dont really know anyone. I arranged to buy some cards from Dan Mckee and ended up buying even more from him. He's a great guy and probably thinks I am too since I overpaid for a Mathewson, but hey, its my first show and he gave me a good deal on another card. Didnt meet anyone else by name, but it seemed like a pretty good crowd. Looking forward to my next one wherever that may be.

Old 03-07-2005, 07:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: david

i was a little disapointed. most of the old judges were over priced. only about four mayos at the whole show. tik had three of them. a rusie, a clarkson and one other and there was an anson. not a single crofts cocoa or mello mint to be found and other then tik 19th century material was pretty much non existent. guess that leaves me more money to spend on the lipset and re auctions next month

Old 03-07-2005, 07:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh Wulkan

It was one of the best Ft. Washington Shows in recent memory. For the first time in quite a while, the public was more interested in card and memorabilia collecting, than in the free autograph guest.

We were able to take several good consignments and buy a lot of great stuff for our next auction.

I too spent a fair amount of time with "ittle Danny McKee" and was able to speak and see many others, who we love to do business with 4 times per year in Ft. Washington.

Josh

Old 03-07-2005, 08:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: dan mckee

Thanks guys for the kind words, and thanks Josh, I have lost about .000001 lbs. Hey, I will buy that matty back from you Rob. Let me know if you are not happy with it. My best dan.

Old 03-08-2005, 07:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: tbob

Did you Ft. Washingtonians find much in the way of these caramel cards (E94, E97, E98, E99, E100)and if you spotted any, were they selling for prices comparable to what they were getting on ebay?

Old 03-08-2005, 08:03 AM
Administrator

Posted By: david

tbob
i was looking at all the caramel cards trying to track down e92s and the prices for ecards were out of hand. the tougher issues were non existent and the e95s were way over priced a psa2 e95 cicotte had a 450 price tag on it. a e90-1 young boston in very very poor condition was marked at 250. there were a few crofts candy cards priced very high but no crofts cocoas and no mello-mints, no e107 and nothing especially interesting. there were a bunch of cracker jacks though but those were a little high also