NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-22-2013, 06:43 PM
@ndrew woo.dfin

Default WWYD if the PO lost 28 packages you mailed

Yeah you read that right.

Last Monday I printed and mailed 28 packages out in #0 padded mailers. Stopped by the PO and dropped them all into an out of town drop slot. Friday night comes round and I get an ebay claim from a buyer claiming that they haven't received their card and the tracking info is not showing the item received. WTF I think. Saturday I get 2 more and start looking into all the packages I sent. Every one of them have no tracking info. So I called the PO and of course my small town PO is closed on Saturday. I made the call in this morning to the post master and explained the issue. Later today I get a call back saying my packages and about 20 other peoples mail is in a drop slot that used to have a brass plate over it stopping mail from being dropped into it and was no longer being looked at since it had been blocked off. They have a roller bin below for an in town drop slot and then a box type area above for that out of town slot. Anyway they found all the packages as well as the other peoples mail. So someone steals the brass plate, I'm one of the idiots that used it, piss off a few customer, and get a "sorry for that sir".

How about that for a PO f'up or is it my fault for not using a larger PO to mail out at??

Member since 2009
Old 04-22-2013, 06:46 PM
Jeff

You lost me, are the packages really lost?
Hardly you're fault but if they are lost you'll have to make it good.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 04-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Geno W@gn&r

Default Wow

Wow - your heart must have stopped when you heard that! Thank goodness you found them. The more the PO cuts back, the worse their service. The worse the service, the more you're likely to go elsewhere. Go elsewhere, they cut more service. It's the PO spiral of doom...

Take Care,
Geno
Old 04-22-2013, 06:50 PM
David Pierson
Banned

I feel your pain, Andrew. I could tell you countless horror stories regarding the usps. But I don't want to get started. Other services ups etc. have screwed me too. Dave
Old 04-22-2013, 06:51 PM
qualitycards

Andrew that sucks, hopefully they will turn up and be delivered.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:00 PM
MikeHealer

I thought you stated the packages were found. If so, they will be delivered soon. Problem solved it seems.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:02 PM
Jack Vernon

Yea they're found, the delivery status has been updated for me.

Was wondering about the status but wasn't too worried about it
Old 04-22-2013, 07:25 PM

I heard one the other day from a large dealer who had a couple hundred packages lost. Turned out the mail bag was in the back of a mail truck that was sent for repairs and they never checked the back to see if there was any mail in the truck. Nice.....
Old 04-22-2013, 07:29 PM
Jeff

I feel very fortunate, I have an excellent post office. Now the DMV, that's an entirely different story.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 04-22-2013, 07:52 PM
Ken Madden
Ken.neth D. M@dden

Last week I bought my wife two breeding canaries as a gift. They were shipped USPS "Overnight Express". Only cost me $40 shipping + $10 packaging. A total trip of about 500-550 miles. Birds shipped on Weds. Got em Saturday. 63 hours. Fortunately the birds were alive, but c'mon. 8 miles an hour is EXPRESS? I had made arrangements to pick up at the post office. Had I waited for normal rural delivery it would have been 7 more hours.

Last edited by deadballfreaK; 04-22-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:32 PM
Michael S

At least spring is here in Minnesota Andrew
Old 04-23-2013, 04:40 AM
@ndrew woo.dfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox1903wschamp View Post
At least spring is here in Minnesota Andrew
Yep and another 2" of snow this morning to wake up too.

Yes all the packages have been located and should be populating tracking info now. I just can figure out why they blocked off the out of town box in the first place. So there is an in-town drop slot inside and the rest goes outside in the big blue box or all of it if your to lazy to separate Just a mess and frustrating

Member since 2009
Old 04-23-2013, 07:29 AM
Peter Spaeth

I sent a certified mail letter with some original documents from boston to beverly hills on march 26. It gets to the la sort facility on march 29 so far so good. It then takes until april 12 to get to the main beverly hills facility. On april 17 it then, according to the post office internal tracking, gets misdelivered to a business around the corner from where it was supposed to go. I call that business and naturally they dont have it and their mailroom guy has no recollection of it.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:27 AM
B.ob L.amb

Default Lost packages

I print my own postage for Ebay and Sportlots sales. I always have the post office worker scan in each package while I am there with an "acceptance scan" and when all the packages have been scanned she prints a summary of all the items that has all the delivery confirmations and times received on them. I am in there 2 or 3 times a week and for 10 or so packages this takes about 2 or 3 minutes. Not a lot of time to wait for piece of mind. I am generally weary about putting them in the slot so I do not.

Bob
Old 04-23-2013, 08:39 AM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

i had the PO lose a submission i sent out to Beckett over a few years ago.
It tracked it to Atlanta facility, and never made it to Texas.
Later, i filed my claim..and received my check.
Back then..it had both variations (topps & OPC) of the Ozzie Smith RC
and some 86-7 fleer basketball card RCs and some pre-college Tebows.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:45 PM
Kevin Qui.nn

Quote:
Originally Posted by T205 GB View Post
Yeah you read that right.

Last Monday I printed and mailed 28 packages out in #0 padded mailers. Stopped by the PO and dropped them all into an out of town drop slot. Friday night comes round and I get an ebay claim from a buyer claiming that they haven't received their card and the tracking info is not showing the item received. WTF I think. Saturday I get 2 more and start looking into all the packages I sent. Every one of them have no tracking info. So I called the PO and of course my small town PO is closed on Saturday. I made the call in this morning to the post master and explained the issue. Later today I get a call back saying my packages and about 20 other peoples mail is in a drop slot that used to have a brass plate over it stopping mail from being dropped into it and was no longer being looked at since it had been blocked off. They have a roller bin below for an in town drop slot and then a box type area above for that out of town slot. Anyway they found all the packages as well as the other peoples mail. So someone steals the brass plate, I'm one of the idiots that used it, piss off a few customer, and get a "sorry for that sir".

How about that for a PO f'up or is it my fault for not using a larger PO to mail out at??
Even if you have no tracking on your packages it is possible to have the po verify delivery. My girl just had something strange happen to. They said they are not supposed to do it but she was in a good mood.

They gave her a physical print out. That was the last she heard from the buyer.

Kevin
Old 04-23-2013, 09:59 PM
Kevin Qui.nn

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadballfreaK View Post
Last week I bought my wife two breeding canaries as a gift. They were shipped USPS "Overnight Express". Only cost me $40 shipping + $10 packaging. A total trip of about 500-550 miles. Birds shipped on Weds. Got em Saturday. 63 hours. Fortunately the birds were alive, but c'mon. 8 miles an hour is EXPRESS? I had made arrangements to pick up at the post office. Had I waited for normal rural delivery it would have been 7 more hours.
You paid 60 some bucks to ship a live animal. Sometimes I can't get a card for under 12 bucks. It can take 8 miles an hour.

Kevin