NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-26-2009, 05:57 PM
FredYoung

Default Long time a reader---

---but an occasional poster, more often on the Memorabilia, PostWar & NonSport side.

Fred Young--69 yrs old & retired--Married w/ 1 lovely 19 yr old daughter.

The bulk of my collection is my '50s baseball, football & Nonsport cards which my mother, bless her heart, never threw out!

Been selling on EBay since 2001 to pare down the collection, but I seem to have much more now than when I started---I guess I should quit buying collections!

Grew up in WNY State in the '40s & '50s a diehard Yankee & Mantle fan---Now in RI since 1980 & a diehard Red Sox fan! (But The Mick was & is my All-Time favorite!)

Saw my 1st game at Ebbetts Field in 1951 and still have the ticket stub. In addition to cards I have autographs, old Sport magazines, newspaper clippings in a scrapbook from the '50s and even my old '45s.

To justify posting on this Forum I did at one time own 17 OJ's, which I wish now I hadn't sold! I still read just about every post on this Forum & marvel at the wealth of info & knowledge I have gained!

Glad to be a Member of Net54!
Old 08-26-2009, 09:27 PM
Dave.Horn.ish

Well...........

Dave Hornish, from Long Island, 47 3/4 yrs old. Been in the hobby almost 30 years at this point, collecting sporadic pre-war for the last 3 years or so. I am primarily working on a T206 near set of 518, any and all Topps type cards (sport, or non) through the end of the 70's and some team sets of the Boys of Summer Brooklyn Dodgers. I'll probably go after a 1910 Obak set someday and some other type runs. Love the early E cards but will probably leave them to others.

The classic Kahn book is directly responsible for my interest in the Bums and history in general, especially anything that came before my time in the 20th century. I love modern conveniences but suspect I would have been quite at home in circa 1950 New York.

Huge Mets fan (lotsa fun lately with that), remember the '69 series just enought to be convinced it happened and lived and died and lived with the '86 team. Aghast at what has happened to the former simple pleasure of seeing a ball game live.

I am an inveterate researcher of hobby history, especially the oddities and test issues Topps has produced over the years and am fascinated with the ins and outs of card production and distribution. I seem to collect the history of the hobby as much as I collect the cards. Cut my hobby teeth working for Current Card Prices in the mid 80's and was a weekend dealer for three or four years in the late 80's and early 90's. Loved the local show scene, sorry it's gone by the wayside. I hope to retire sometime in the next 10 years, move somewhere with mountains and clear water and do something in the hobby thereafter.

I have an esoteric job in marine insurance and have been married for 21 + years with two kids (a boy and a girl, both teens). I also get a big kick out of loud music, red wine and animals, not necessarily in that order.

About a year ago I started a blog about oddball Topps cards-it's a real blast:
http://toppsarchives.blogspot.com/ . I get my creative writing fix 8 times a month now!
Old 08-26-2009, 09:58 PM
Mike Navarro

I am Mike Navarro, from Texas.

I am the County Auditor for Ellis County, TX. I'm also a CPA and graduated from the University of Notre Dame. GO IRISH!!

I'm a lifelong fan of the Texas Rangers, that hopes that I get to witness a Texas Rangers World Series victory before I leave this planet. I'm a lifelong fan of the Fighting Irish, and look forward to the day we ascend to the National Championship again.

As far as collecting, I enjoy pursuing and obtaining HOF and legends signed rookie cards.

Mike
Old 08-27-2009, 11:45 AM
C.o.e

Hello I am Coe Biggers. I am from Fayetteville,Ar
I am 27 years old.
I enjoy collecting prewar and I enjoy collecting lower grade cards due to the fact the I enjoy cards that seem to have some wear and tear and have a more vintage look to them. I also enjoy the history of the card and the player, other then that I enjoy reading the posts more then actually posting. I enjoy learning the vast amount of history presented on the board more then anything and hearing what other have to say in general. Coe

Last edited by vintagebaseball; 08-27-2009 at 12:02 PM. Reason: hit reply to early on accident
Old 08-27-2009, 12:38 PM

About a two days old picture of me and Henry looking out the window to the street. I don't know what we were looking at.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Bill K@sel

Hey all...Bill Kasel here.

I am 36 and live in Middleton, WI.

I am currently working on an E-Type card set but am certain I will tire of it and go off on another tangent in about a year...seems to be the case with me. I think I'm the worst kind of collector in that sense .

I am an Advanced Technology Account Manager for CDW, and have a wonderful wife and two great kids 6 & 3.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bksalmon.jpg (43.7 KB, 434 views)
Old 08-27-2009, 02:49 PM
Matt Miller

I am Matt Miller; 35 years old

Born in Dublin OH, Living in Davidson, NC

Married for 6 years with three children ages 4 (Jake) 3 (Travis) and 2 (Kyleigh)

Managing Director for Pelican Products

Got into collecting in 1987 and sold my entire collection of overproduced junk in 1994. Got back into collecting a year ago when I combined a trip to the National into a guys baseball weekend.

Currently collecting Post War HOF RC's. Stan Musial and Roberto Clemente. My favorite player growing up was Paul O'Neill so I am trying to build a complete run of PSA graded Paul O'Neill cards as well, to pass the time between larger HOF rookie card acquisitions.

http://www.psacard.com/SetRegistry/O...ts.aspx?m=5059
Old 08-27-2009, 03:11 PM
Will

Default Hello

My name is Will Jaimet, and I have been in this business since I was 8 years old. Over the past few years I have made a living buying and selling on ebay under the id: Rose-City-Sports. I recently had my first child at the end of last year, and it raised my level of responsibility so I decided to create an auction house. Heroes of Sport was created this year, and our first auction is going to take place November 18th-December 1st.

I began our auction so we could treat people the way I always wanted to be treated. I look forward to getting to know everyone on here, and please let me know if you need anything!

Sincerely,
Will J
Old 08-27-2009, 04:40 PM
Danny Gr|mes

Danny Grimes

27 yrs old, married, 1st child due any day now. Been collecting baseball cards for 20 years now. I want to thank my father for getting me into the older cards at an early age. i remember him opening up a beckett, and showing me the price diffrence between his fifties mantles' compared to my eighties will clarks' and mattinglys'.

I currently collect Hal Chase type cards and trying to do a t206 back set.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Andy Palmer

Nice fish Bill!

V357 1933 WWG Ice Kings Hockey
1921 Exhibits Babe Ruth & Walter Johnson
Greg Maddux PSA 10 Cannon
Pedro Martinez PSA 10 1992 Leaf Gold Insert
Old 08-27-2009, 07:49 PM
J.O.N

Default Hello

My name is Jon. I have been collecting cards for 32 years. I still remember my dad bring home two packs of Topps football cards when I was 5. I soon jumped into the Star Wars cards. I am currently compiling as many cards of 1909 Pittsburg Pirates as possible and enjoying it a great deal.

I am 37 and am a branch manager for Citi. I have a great wife
and 4 kids that I love very much.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Ron

I found this post and thought that I would dust it off.

I'm Ron Furnish and am 44 years old. Born and raised in Cincinnati, but live in Virginia Beach now. I do make it back for Opening Day each year though. When I'm not working on my t206 set, I'm usually working out, hiking, painting, traveling, or doing something with my daughter or girlfriend.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default welcome aboard

Welcome aboard, Ron. If there is ever anything I can do to help you please don't hesitate to PM me, email me or get a hold of me otherwise. best regards
Old 12-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Tim

My name is Tim, I just turned 37, and I am an avid Braves fan.

I have been collecting since the 80's and switched my focus to prewar in the last couple of years. I collect mostly Boston National type cards with a focus on a few Boston National subsets.

T206 Boston National Super Set
E90-1 Boston National Set
N300 Boston Set

I have two sons Andrew 3, and Matty 18 months, that take up most of my time. I have a wonderful wife I've been married to for almost 8 years that tolerates me and the hobby both very well.

I sell heavy equipment mostly geared towards municipal use. When I'm not working or following sports I enjoy the outdoors.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:24 PM
Chris Wassmuth

Hi guys. My name is Chris and I'm a 29 year old banker from Kansas City. I'm a life-long St. Louis Cardinal fan and have recently gotten into pre- and post-war vintage. Right now I'm collecting T206 Cardinals, Roy Campanella, and any other cards that catch my interest. I'm also starting to take an interest in vintage photos, although my budget prohibits my buying of those. My wife, Angie, and I have been married for 6 years and have two sons: Andrew (3 years) and Braden (8 months).
Old 12-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Rob Miller

Rob Miller
28 yrs old
Single, no kids (none that I know of at least!!)
Sr. Data Analyst for a Health Insurance Company in NY
Born & Raised in BK, moved out to Staten Island 2 yrs ago.

Started collecting at a young age in the 1980's but got sickened by the amount of different card companies and inserts that started popping up so I stopped collecting for a few years. Picked up some 1933 Goudeys at a card show a few years ago and never looked back.

I love this board and I am glad to know that there is a passion for vintage baseball cards all over the country.

Thanks - Rob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rob 2.jpg (43.4 KB, 329 views)

Last edited by Robextend; 12-09-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:22 PM
Ken McMillan

Hi,

Ken McMillan is my name and I live in Tucson Arizona. I am 49 and have been married 22 years to my wife Barb. We have no children but have many pets. Our pet family consists of 5 dogs, 1 cat, 2 pacific parotlets, and A gray dapple quarterhorse named Luna. I am a practicing veterinarian who works for Banfield the Pet Hospital in Tucson. My collecting interests are T207 Cubs, E121 series of 80 and 120 Yankees and Giants. I also collect any card of Elmer Miller who was my great great uncle of Yankees fame.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Yankeefan51

Default America's Toughest Want List

Welcome

We have actively been acquiring rare, high grade pre-WWII cards since 1974. Whilst type cards (we have over 200) are the focal point of our collection, we also have a strong interest in baseball memorabilia

In this area of our collection we focus on items that were created between
1869 and 1949 -as well as mid-50's baseball display advertising/

Specific types of memorabilia that are housed in The Dorskind Collection include

Rare Baseball Books
Tickets from the Union Assn. Players League Federal League and Negro League
Pre 1960 player endorsed sheet music
Baseball games- Zimmer game. Matthewson game etc
Advertising-player endorse display posters- 1880's -1955
Advertising pieces from Baseball Card Companies
Federal League. Union Assn and Players League Programs
Negro League display pieces and original photos
Rare. high condition player endorsed baseball postcards.
Rare PCL memorabilia
Unopened boxes of Negro League and Federal League baseballs
Pre 1920 baseball pennants with a particular focus on the Federal League= we have 4 of 9 teams that played in the Federal League
Pre 1950 letters between early hobby pioneers
Ultra rare baseball card wrappers, cigarette boxes and tins

Should you have any questions about the items mentioned above
please feel to write to us in confidence. Please note this in not an offer to buy or sell any of the items heretofore described.

Mr. Bruce Dorskind
America's Toughest Want List
write: bdorskind@dorskindgroup.com

Last edited by Yankeefan51; 12-10-2009 at 03:21 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:00 PM
Jon Canfield

Jon Canfield
28 years old, not married but have a great girlfriend
I live in New York City
Restructuring attorney with a large law firm
I like to collect a little of everything but my focus is certainly baseball related cigarette and tobacco boxes
Old 12-09-2009, 11:00 PM
Mike

Mike Frohme
Age 46 - Single (with pets)
Been doing computer work for both educational institutions and for-profit companies in TN and KY since 1987. Presently a software architect with an real-time energy company in Louisville, KY.
Been a Pirates fan since 72 - my dad is from that area (Wheeling, WV). Collected only a little as a kid, then again in the late 80's - vintage to me then was early Topps (Pirates). Started back up in late 2006 with a couple of T cards and have been at it since.

Current interests:

T207 - need only Donnelly ... anyone?
T206 Pirates F/B master. Have 145 of ~204.

Pic is me and my sister's family... You can probably guess which one I am.

(I'm not wearing the hat).
Old 12-09-2009, 11:55 PM
Jerry.Gal.le.ano

Default About Me zzzzzzzz

Hi, everybody. I am Jerry.

I am 57 years old and have been married to my wife, Peggie for 34 years. We have a terrific daughter, Angie and three wild and crazy grandchildren. I am retired as a manager at UPS after 24 years followed by a second career as a financial advisor.

Peggie is very supportive of my hobby, but also very predictable. Her response to any card that I show her is, "How much is it worth? Sell it!"

I have a part time gig as a boxing inspector for the State of Missouri. It is a wonderful scam. They pay me to sit ringside for boxing and mixed martial arts, but don't tell them I would do it for free. (Did you notice Leon Spinks standing behind me in the picture? 2008)

My collection started with 1958 Topps baseball cards purchased at Al's Confectionary in St. Louis. I still have some of those original cards. I've been collecting ever since with some time out for the regular high school diversions. I enjoy building complete sets of cards although, my very favorite piece is an 1860's baseball that I bought in an antique store in my hometown for two bucks.

The favorite card sets in my collection are:

1. 1933 Goudey (G-VG)
2. 1951 Topps Ringside (Currently upgrading to nice SGC grading levels. Doing the same with T218 Boxers)
3. 1958 Topps Baseball Autographed. (I need 10 signed cards to complete)

I am new to N54BB, but have picked up lots of good information in a short time. My thanks to all that post and share.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Me & Don.jpg (75.7 KB, 363 views)
Old 12-10-2009, 11:13 AM
Mike Schulze

I'm Mike Schulze from Lockhart, TX, 33, married, 3 kids, member on this board for just a few months now.

I manage a transportation engineering firm that my wife and I own. On a part-time basis I manage a wildlife management ranch, consult for an outdoor advertising agency, and do some private investigating.

I started collecting cards at age 6 and I still have all of them (50's - 80's). Took about a 20 year break and started collecting again this year... only 206's, which will probably break me and cause a divorce before I am done. Just kidding.... my wife is extremely tolerant and after the first 30 or so 206's, I've learned to pace myself and no more impulse purchases.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Pup6913

Andrew Woodfin
29yrs old
Married 6 yrs, 2 Kids both girls 4yrs and 18 months

Collect primarily T205's (against my wifes will) and some others if the mood Strikes right.

Assosiates Degree in Structurial Engineering, CAD Degree, alot of life lessons

Own a construction company, do Dish network and Direct Tv installs when works slow (alot lately)

Seem to be very opionated and outspoken. Very passionate about my collecting (sure some have noticed)
Old 12-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Ted Zanidakis

71 year old retired Bell Labs (AT&T) Electronics Engineer living near Washington Crossing, Pennsylvania

[linked image]

US Air Force veteran (1960-64) Radar Specialist/Instructor

My lovely wife appreciates my BB card "obsession", since she collects early 20th Century glass and pottery. That's the key guys.

We have two Daughters and three Grandchildren

Returned to BB card collecting in 1977. Since then I've completed every major set BB card set from 1887 to 1987 (except T204).
Also, I've completed multiple sets of N162, T206, '33 Goudey, '41 PlayBall, '48-49-50 Bowmans, '52 Topps.

Other interests....classic T-Birds (1957 & 1960), Model Trains, Stamps, Softball and Tennis

TED Z........aka..T-Rex TED and Pennsylvania Ted
Old 12-10-2009, 02:11 PM
Jim R

Jim Rivera-married 21 years-3 kids -fishing, collecting vintage cards and hanging out with my kids.

I have met alot of the board members over the past 6 years-54 is a kool place to hang out. Teddy Z. is my partner-stop by the next Philly show and say hi.

FishingintheRainwDad.jpg

3kidsdog.jpg

Rockfish4-08.jpg
Old 12-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Rob

Rob Ray
50+;happliy married;residing in Brooklyn, NY
Senior Video Editor for major cable television network
Graduated Hofstra University in 1980
Been in "the biz" since 1980....and hope to hang on 'till retirement at 60!

Also: part-time commercial voice over announcer and actor;musician and avid fast-pitch softball player despite my bad back and awful knees.

Grand-nephew of Nap Rucker (turn of century underrrated Dodgers pitcher)
Love all things baseball (history,vintage cards,APBA tabletop baseball)
Major lurker on N54...at one time had large vintage card collection and unopened wax collection 50s/60s... all of it has been sold;or almost all of it over the years.

Life is good! Net 54...the first place I visit in the morning before starting my day!

Edited to add: one of the few who would actually ADMIT to being a life-long Mets fan.

Last edited by robedits; 12-10-2009 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Sheepishly admitting to being a Mets fan. Always good for a couple laughs nowadays
Old 12-10-2009, 06:58 PM

My name is Pat Wesolowski. I was born in Kalamazoo, MI on 9/16/74. My dad's job moved us down to Ellettsville, IN in 1984. My love for Michigan sports (Pro only!!!) has never left. I am diehard Tigers and Lions fan. I have a degree in Mortuary Science but have been working in the auto racing biz since college. That is what brought me to Indianapolis...which is where I have lived for the last 13 years. My wife is a school teacher.

I joined this forum a few weeks ago when I was in the market to make a big (big for me anyway) purchase. A T206 Ty Cobb portrait (green). For the last couple of years I would make it a point to buy at least one gold coin. I thought it would be a fun investment and that was that. The gold seemed a no brainer. But then something hit me. I was going through my other T206's admiring them (I am particularly fond of the portraits and horizontals) and thought about how cool it would be to have a big one. I mean one that I have always wanted but never pulled the trigger because of cost. Up until this week I only had commons. Some graded pretty high...but still commons. The more I thought about it the more it made sense. I never look at the gold. It is really quite boring. The Cobb is like a mini Picasso. I talked it over with my wife and she gave me the go ahead. From this point on my yearly fun investment will be one big T206 (like earlier...big for me).

I have given myself 30 years to complete the set...right before I retire.

Thanks everyone!
Old 12-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Jim Thierfelder

Great post. I always find the diversity of people who collect vintage baseball to be very interesting. Would be nice to hear more about what draws some of you to vintage baseball.

I have lived around Milwaukee, WI for all of my 38 years and was fortunate enough to marry the girl of my dreams almost 15 years ago. I have one child and one teenager (will consider trade offers . Actually kidding about the teen. I am very proud of her. The child is my 10 year old son who lives to play baseball.

I began collecting cards at age 8 and despite a few breaks now and then I have never stopped. About 12 years ago my brother gave me a few T206 as a Christmas gift. I was fascinated by the art and the history of the cards and eventually started to pick up a few more. I decided to work on a set about 2 years ago but it has been a little slow going.

Collecting has been very slow this year as I started a new job in June with the US Treasury Department and haven't had the time or ironically the money to work on my T206 set. I am at about 25% and hope to make big strides in 2010.

Last edited by DangerJim; 12-10-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:46 AM
K!ya S@bet

Default Me

Hello,

I am Kiya Sabet

33 y/o married with one kid and one on the way.

I am a writer and collector.

I was born in Buffalo and raised in FL.

I had over 25,000 cards from the 1980s and early 1990s that I sold for a Walter Payton RC PSA 6.

Now I enjoy putting sets together and learning everything I can about vintage cards.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:29 AM
Jason

Default Jason L

My real name is Jason and the L is for Last Name

I'm a relatively newly-minted 38 year old residing in New England, married, with 3 young kids, and a money-pit of a house with a couple mortgages to go with it. Had to deleverage and got rid of one (mortgage, not kid) this year, so that put some perspective on things, and appetite for pre-war has taken a hit. Staying involved through a renewed interest in 1950-60s star cards. Hope to get back to prewar before too long (T202, T204, and M116 Cubs will be targets).

I have fallen victim to graded cards, and may need to attach the slabhead label soon. I prefer SGC as the best company to work with and best people and most consistent grading. I use them for everything 1950 and older. But I got hooked on the PSA registry competition, so cards from 1950 onwards are PSA. The irony here is that I really don't have the collection that is worth the competition, so I don't really know what I'm doing. (Veterans of the Board will hopefully agree with me that I am very good and easy to do business with, although I am a very small fish that rarely spends much money on high dollar cards). I guess I just aspire to greater things. There's not much satisfaction in knowing I have the #44th ranked postward HOF Rookie set, or whatever I've fallen to these days. But I do take great pride in my #1 Ron Cey set and my top 10 Walter Payton Basic set, so maybe that's better than a kick in the head. Maybe not.

My collecting is focused, but in a very meandering and general fashion to which there seems to be little pattern. Postwar, I collect favorite players. Prewar, I collect Chicago Cubs and cards that I just think are "Ridiculously good looking" (Zoolander). I also collect cards and memorabilia of my cousins, a pair of brothers who played MLB back in the 1930-40s. Past that breakdown, the collection is a hard to figure mess...You can find my website through my profile. It is in bad need of updating!

I am glad to meet so many similarly afflicted people here on Net54, and I do someday hope to have something besides a silly sense of humor to contribute to the Board. I could go on and on, I suppose, but who has time to read all that? Pictures are not posted as they would shock and disturb.

Last edited by JasonL; 12-11-2009 at 08:34 AM. Reason: spelling and various other stupidities
Old 12-11-2009, 09:06 AM

Hello I'm Darren, I'm the chief medical officer of a large privately owned company. I live in Cut Off, Louisiana and have a wonderful wife and 2 children.

Have been collecting cards ever since my dad brought down a paper bag full of 50's stuff from grandma's attack. My two brothers and I spent that rainy Louisiana afternoon divying (sp?) up the loot. Worked out pretty well as I was an Aaron fan, my older brother a Mantle fan, and my younger brother a Banks fan. That was 1975 and I was 5 years old. That same lot today would be worth about 50K, unless of course some of them would have graded 8 or higher.

I collect just about any card that strikes my fancy, all sports and many nonsports, all years, just about everything. I've completed sets from every decade of the 20th century and tamed the Monster.

I've recently taken a liking to the modern autograph patch cards put out by Exquisite and Sp Authentic--some of those cards are absolutely gorgeous and have an authentic autograph to boot.

Go Saints!!!

Last edited by drdduet; 12-11-2009 at 09:07 AM. Reason: to change a 'in' to 'from'
Old 12-11-2009, 05:26 PM

I’m a forty-two year old patent attorney living in Boulder, Colorado with my beautiful wife, sports crazy son (11) and outgoing daughter (8). I spent the better part of my first four decades in southern California and have engineering and law degrees from USC. My wife insisted that the entire family become good skiers after we moved to Colorado and everyone has except me. I am hoping to change that this winter. I am also the coach of my son’s 0-8 basketball team. Enough said about that.

I started buying Topps baseball in earnest in 1977 and really got the collecting bug when a card store opened in my hometown in 1981. I proceeded to squander most of my limited collecting budget on recent junk (anyone need a dozen Will Clark rookies?), but managed to pick up a nice T206 Lajoie (Portrait) at the 1986 National that is still with me. I dropped the hobby cold in the late ‘80s to focus on school and develop some semblance of a social life, but picked it back up again in 2003 by accident when I searched eBay on a whim for “T206” then bid on and won a copy of Hoffman (St. Louis) for about twenty bucks.

You could say I got hooked after that. I catalogued almost all completed T206 auctions on eBay over the next three years and wrote a treatise on the set. I stumbled across this fine site while doing that research and still troll around here every once in a while.

I am slowly stitching together a T206 set in PSA 5 and am a little over 40% complete. I also am trying to get one vg-ex or better copy of every Hall of Famer (insofar as possible) and dabble in T207 and M101-4.

Thanks to Leon for all he does to keep the Net54 community strong.

Scot Reader
Old 12-11-2009, 06:54 PM

Jason Dietz, 29, Frederick Maryland- with wonderful wife of 8 years who supported me in this collection world- yes she complained sometimes. We have 3 children- 8, 6, and 9m. I am Deaf collector- vary from baseball to boxing to football to golf and deaf schools athletic program.

I am active in my children's sports activities. I am the head coach for my son's U-10 basketball team, same goes for my daughter's 6-8 YMCA basketball. I also trains my 9 months old son, speciality in crawling!

My first T206 was Dummy Taylor Sovereign- I got it from my best friend who collected Taylor too when my oldest was born. That was the beginning of my T206 collection. Beside Taylor and its different backs, my favorite card is Addie Joss. Something about him, I dont know the word for it.

I loved the Monster so much that I cursed at it, threatened to sell it, and refused to buy it for a while but came back once again. Right now, I am not on speaking terms with the Monster.

I enjoyed this forum so much that I begin my day checking out!

Last edited by JDGball; 12-11-2009 at 07:00 PM. Reason: added location