NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-08-2007, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Default 1924 Aguilitas Cards

Posted By: Phil Garry

Anyone know what happened to a large group of individual lots of 1924 Aguilitas cards that were posted on e-bay a couple of days ago and now all of the seller's auctions seem to have have disappeared?

Old 09-08-2007, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Mohler

It wasn't me. Nice group though. These don't come up too often.

Jeff

Old 09-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Misunderestimated (Brian H.)

As of 9/7 the seller (a "Power Seller," no less) is no longer a registered user on eBay. I wonder what that's about??

Old 09-09-2007, 10:20 AM
Administrator

Posted By: E, Daniel

If ebay brought in a 'you must run auction full term' standard. If you want a buy it now option, it already exists. All the bs reasons for ending early are, well, bs. If you want to advertise your card and solicit high bidders to sell privately, I think an alternate venue could be started (feel free ebay if you like the idea) for this purpose.
Otherwise, please just run the stupid number of days you've agreed to, in an auction format everyone else is agreed to.
We as buyers are commited to act as though our bids are binding us to a contract, why the heck shouldn't a seller's...?

Pee's me off no end.

Daniel

Old 09-10-2007, 12:04 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim VB

Me too. Although I have begun to notice a new wrinkle. I have seen one of the board's longtime "favorite" sellers list some pretty high end, pricey cards (nothing too exotic, but stuff that would sell for the $5000 and up range). He usually lists one at a time, WITHOUT ANY SCAN! He states in the listing that he will be unavailable to answer any questions until 24 hours before the auction ends, but will post scans and answer all questions at that time. Then the auction runs for 5-6 days and he suddenly takes it down (Item is no longer available.)

In the last month I've seen him do this with a high grade T206 Cobb red back (PSA 6 or 7, maybe), a 52 Topps Mantle (PSA 7) and a 52 Bowman Mantle (PSA 9).

I think he's using it to draw searches to his other cards. I don't think he has ever owned one of these items. It's "marketing" at the cost of a listing fee.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark

They are up again....

Old 09-12-2007, 05:32 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Chad

Now let's all go back to pretending we never saw this.

--Chad

Old 09-12-2007, 08:47 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave

does anyone know if this is the same seller that was listing the questionable "Polar" cards on Ebay last winter. I can't remember the sellers name, but he/she also had some obvious fake "Punch" cards listed also around the same time.

Old 09-12-2007, 09:17 AM
Administrator

Dave:

I know what you are talking about but I don't know if this is the same seller. The feedback history would not go back far enough to give specific item details if this were the case, unless you can figure it out from the comments left.

Old 09-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Administrator

I honestly don't remeber, though.

--Chad

Old 09-12-2007, 10:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Ryan Christoff

No.

-Ryan

Old 09-16-2007, 12:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: daniel rodriguez

HELLO, I AM THE SELLER OF THE AGUILITAS. ROLANDO, A FRIEND IN CUBA TALK TODAY TO A FRIEND ABOUT THIS FORUM AND I DECIDE TO WRITE IN IT. THE CARDS WERE CLOSED SOME DAYS AGO BECAUSE EBAY SUSPENDED MY ACCOUNT FOR MY RELATIONTCHIP WITH OTHER EBAY ACCOUNT: PENSFOREVER AND SOME PROBLEMS OF PAYMENTS TO EBAY. I MADE THE PAYMENT AND THEY OPENED FIST THIS ACCOUNT AND I DECIDED TO LIST THE SOCCER AND BOXING AGULITAS THERE. AFTER THAT THEY RETURNED ME THE OTHER ID: FOUNTAINPENS, AND I LISTED THE AGUILILTAS AGAIN. I NEVER HAVE A DEAL OUT OF EBAY WITH A POSSIBLE BUYER OF THE CARDS. MANY PERSONS WROTE ME ASKING ME FOR A BUY NOW PRICE BUT I WANT TO SEE THE AUCTION. I WAS NOT THE SELLER OF THE POLAR CARDS. YOUC CAN CHECK MY FEEDBACK. I AM A SERIUS SELLER. CHECK THE AUCTIONS AT
<a href="http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZfountainpens</a" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZfountainpens</a&gt;

<a href="http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZpensforever</a" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZpensforever</a&gt;

good luck to bidders.

Old 09-16-2007, 05:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: daniel rodriguez

dear bidder
hello, i am the seller of the aguilitas. problem was that ebay closed my account for some days for some problems with payment in others of my account:pensforever. they returned me the two ids and i listed aguilitas again. good luck.

Old 09-18-2007, 04:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: daniel

i recieved this e mail from ebay about one of the bidder in my cards
Hello fountainpens (derod2003@yahoo.com),

This email is to inform you that any recent bids placed by elrey may have been by an unauthorized third party. We are now in the process of restoring the account to its true owner.

If this person was the winning bidder for the transaction then the transaction in question should be considered null and void. You may relist the item and request a credit for the Final Value Fee. When a seller submits a final value fee credit request, unpaid Items are automatically identified by our system. Our system will then keep records of the credit requests that are received from sellers regarding transactions that were not completed.

You may file a "friendly" unpaid item dispute (UPI) remark in order to request the fees for your auction and this will not negatively affect this member's account. You can request a Final Value Fee credit through Unpaid Item Disputes by following the steps below:

1. Go to the eBay home page
2. Log in to your My eBay page
3. Under the "Related Links" box on the left side of the page, click the "Unpaid Item Disputes" link

For more information on how to request a credit, I encourage you to view our Frequently Asked Questions page below:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/unpaid-item.html

Thank you for being an asset to the eBay trading community. We wish you continued success with your transactions on eBay.

Regards,

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay Inc

THEN I DECIDE TO BLOCK HIS BIDS.

Old 09-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Administrator

Anybody from this board win any of the 1924 Aguilitas cards that were on e-bay a couple of weeks ago? Have you received them?

Old 09-25-2007, 10:47 AM
Administrator

I made what I thought were aggressive bids on 4 cards and was blown away. One of the Pop Lloyds went pretty cheap, though. My days of getting bargains on 1920's Cuban cards of Negro Leaguers may be over.

--Chad

Old 09-25-2007, 11:13 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Kenny Cole

I won 7 of the commons and have already received them. I'm now 4 commons and the Oms away from completion.

Old 09-25-2007, 11:15 AM
Administrator

Man, that is one hell of a set to be able to finish.

--Chad

Old 09-25-2007, 11:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Wesley

Congrats Kenny. That is an incredible accomplishment.

I bid on three of the five HOF cards on ebay, but was outbid on all. Those cards despite being ungraded sold for very strong prices. The one bargain was the Pop Lloyd/Joe Baseball card mentioned by Chad. Originally that card did not meet reserve but when relisted was quickly purchased as a BIN by a forum member.

Old 09-25-2007, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Mohler

I am casually working on the set. I got Morin at the $99.00 opening bid. I received it last Wednesday or Thursday. I thought the card was nicer than it appeared in the scans.

Jeff