NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 04-05-2011, 08:45 AM

Default Seeking Creative Ideas: Logos on Auto Balls

Greetings,

I had an interest in collecting autographed baseballs with team logos on them. I learned in another thread (thanks everyone!) that the team logo balls tend to be vinyl, and I don't want vinyl baseballs. I don't care about value as much as I care about longevity but by all accounts it seems as if leather is the way to go. (I plan to go after the autos through TTM.)

So, I need some creative ideas! If I cube the balls and stack them, do you have any ideas for how I can get a team logo on the ball? Best I can think of is to put a small sticker on the lower left of the case with the team logo on it. Might be hard for some old teams but I am sure I can find something. I could also put a sticker on the ball but that sounds awful. Another option is to mount a logo on the case but that is a bit more impractical.

I don't suppose there are logo stickers/decals of high quality for this purpose? I haven't found anything.

Any other ideas? What have you done?

Thanks!

Eric
Old 04-05-2011, 10:05 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Don't sticker the ball itself. It will look cheap, and won't stand the test of time. Plus, it will de-value the ball. There are lots of team logo Ball display options on this link, but they seem rather pricey to me....

http://www.americansportscollectible...playcases.html

Here's another you might consider... Nice, but still seems high-priced...

http://www.authenticsignedsports.com...531#storeitems

Another less expensive option, if this is your cup of tea...

http://www.authenticsignedsports.com...285#storeitems

I am sure there are lots more, if you simply Google them. Lots of on-line sellers of this stuff. Hope this helps!
Old 04-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

I think if you look around you will find some cubes that actually have MLB teams engraved on the front. The only thing I would caution you is to make sure you find ones that have UV protection, and even then try and keep them out of direct light if possible to prevent fading. If you cannot find the cubes you want, how about getting creative (especially if you have multiple single signed balls by members of a team) like putting up a small shelf where you can stack unmarked cubes and then hang a team pennant or such from the bottom. There's no end to how creative you can get with your displays.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:41 AM
John Hanssen

how about getting creative

If the signed ball(s) are just for your own collection, I can do just about anything. But It my not be a good idea if your worried about resale value.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S5005291.jpg (65.5 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg S5005289.jpg (69.9 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg S5005287.jpg (68.7 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg S5005290.jpg (69.7 KB, 98 views)
Old 04-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Jimmy

John, very cool!
Old 04-05-2011, 02:15 PM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

that Schmidt ball's sweet
Old 04-05-2011, 09:38 PM

Thanks everyone for the excellent suggestions!!

Nebboy, I love it! What I really like is the stats on the ball. I think that helps to connect you with the player. I care about longevity of the ball, but do not care about resale at all. Resale will be my kids' problem, after I am long gone! : ) I will think about this then I'd be curious to get more info.

One thing I'd like to find is small embroidered stickers of the logos that I can put on the cube. They'd need to be small. Something like this, but small: http://www.acherryontop.com/shop/sea...l%20logo/41674. If you know of any such thing, let me know.

Thank you everyone!

Eric
Old 04-06-2011, 06:38 AM
Dynarl Broughman

Default Display Table & Cabinet

Picked these up at an antique and resale shop in Ann Arbor. They are in my Sports Room and I keep them out of direct light. The Cabinet swivals to show all four sides.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Display 001.jpg (76.2 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg Display 002.jpg (76.9 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg Display 003.jpg (75.2 KB, 35 views)