NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 05-25-2014, 07:14 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post
I have been travelling the past week and won't be back until Thursday. I need to catch up on this thread. As for Joey's medical condition, I believe what he told me (more psychological than medical). It is my job to read people so take that as you may. I still did speak with someone on the night of this thread (do not know what went on past page 2 or 3 except when I skipped to 12... need to catch up) and thought from the beginning it was complete BS...

I just finished catching up. I think everyone needs to crack a case, light one up, and have a long hiatus from arguing.
It's been light for quite a while
Old 05-26-2014, 10:19 PM
John T.
Joh.n Ta.ng

Wow, I actually read the whole thread.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:03 AM
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapro View Post
Wow, I actually read the whole thread.
That's 30 minutes of your life you will never get back.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:11 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dueces View Post
nor will I.

Last edited by ooo-ribay; 05-27-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:05 AM
David Seid.eman

Default So Sorry

That happened to me in Brooklyn 25 years ago. My entire childhood collection was stolen, plus some valuable cards I obtained as an adult. Later on I came across my collection at a show, but had no way to prove it.

Cherish the memories and try to resume collecting to heal the wounds.

David
Old 05-27-2014, 12:11 PM
David Seid.eman

Default Sweet Blog on Mother Throwing Out Your Cards

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidsei...aseball-cards/
Old 05-27-2014, 01:07 PM
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyGrail View Post
That happened to me in Brooklyn 25 years ago. My entire childhood collection was stolen, plus some valuable cards I obtained as an adult. Later on I came across my collection at a show, but had no way to prove it.

Cherish the memories and try to resume collecting to heal the wounds.

David
Difference is yours was stolen his wasnot!!

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..
Old 05-27-2014, 01:28 PM
Dave

What I'm seeing in this whole thread, is a guy that seems to have spent a significant portion of his actual income on these baubles, while at the same time putting himself in a horrible position to actually be able to sell these baubles, once it comes time to have to replace this lost income, whether it be on Ebay or on the BST.

Thus resorting to these elaborately clumsy attempts to try and move his possessions.

Just send them to an auction house Joey. Even with the consignment fees, you'll realize far more then you ever could, selling them under your own wrecked reputation.

It's been a long time since it happened, but I've been robbed, I know what it feels like. The suspects were caught both times. The actual cards were recovered once, and I was somewhat re-imbursed by the Insurance company the other time. Police reports were filed both times. I'm dumbfounded Joey hadn't filed a police report if this was an actual event. I'm guessing it is not.

Consign them away Joey. It will make your life a lot easier, and less complicated, rather then having to keep track of all these lies.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:09 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Joey is on an official break from the board (banned). He sent me an email last night asking to be banned and I obliged. We get a lot of guys on the board with situations and I think he really needs some help. I don't think he's that bad of a guy and has a medical issue he needs to be treated for. I could be wrong on that..... But please don't ask him questions or go on and on about him as he won't be able to respond now.
Leon, it was a good idea.

I met Joey Saturday for the first time - had coffee and a long pleasant conversation. Since I only live 20 minutes away from him, it seemed like a good idea. I hadn't planned to post anything about it, and won't respond to questions about him, but here are a few thoughts.

I agreed with Leon's post above before I talked with Joey, and I still agree with it after having met him. I have no idea if Joey really got robbed or not - the subject didn't cross my mind until he was gone. But I know that this forum, being the community where he's made a bunch of hobby friends and had a lot of fun, is important to him. Now that he has said that he had everything but a few items stolen, re-selling said stolen items by himself would be pretty much impossible. So they might as well be stolen. I bought the Jackson painting. I had mixed thoughts about it, since by buying it I was allowing Joey to succeed at circumventing his B/S/T ban. But I actually wanted the painting and thought it should be off the market ASAP - it had already been on ebay briefly, which seemed wrong. So now that part of the drama is done with.

So now Joey no longer has anything that he can sell other than a few basketball photos that he said were inexpensive. Knowing self-control was going to be a problem, he asked to be banned, and he has been. Not making excuses for him, but not sure what else we can do here to make ourselves feel any better.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:23 PM
Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dueces View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
nor will I.
I should've listened to you guys.

Wasn't this the same person that said he won the Brown Old Mill back on eBay for cheap, relatively speaking, a while back?

Always up for a trade.

If you have a Blue Weiser Wonder WaJo, PM/Email Me!
Old 05-27-2014, 03:39 PM
Mike Kaminski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Leon, it was a good idea.

I met Joey Saturday for the first time - had coffee and a long pleasant conversation. Since I only live 20 minutes away from him, it seemed like a good idea. I hadn't planned to post anything about it, and won't respond to questions about him, but here are a few thoughts.

I agreed with Leon's post above before I talked with Joey, and I still agree with it after having met him. I have no idea if Joey really got robbed or not - the subject didn't cross my mind until he was gone. But I know that this forum, being the community where he's made a bunch of hobby friends and had a lot of fun, is important to him. Now that he has said that he had everything but a few items stolen, re-selling said stolen items by himself would be pretty much impossible. So they might as well be stolen. I bought the Jackson painting. I had mixed thoughts about it, since by buying it I was allowing Joey to succeed at circumventing his B/S/T ban. But I actually wanted the painting and thought it should be off the market ASAP - it had already been on ebay briefly, which seemed wrong. So now that part of the drama is done with.

So now Joey no longer has anything that he can sell other than a few basketball photos that he said were inexpensive. Knowing self-control was going to be a problem, he asked to be banned, and he has been. Not making excuses for him, but not sure what else we can do here to make ourselves feel any better.
What eBay name did he use this time?
Old 05-27-2014, 05:51 PM
Graig Kreindler

Whoa, didn't know he had put it on eBay...

Graig
Old 05-27-2014, 06:43 PM
qualitycards

Here's the eBay listing

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1917-Shoeles...p2047675.l2557
Old 05-27-2014, 06:48 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Wolt View Post
I didn't know about that one. The one I was referring to ended on May 14. I told him I would buy it on May 23, so it makes sense that he ended the second listing on that day.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:03 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

At least that makes sense -- unlike his failure to post the police report or pictures of all his beloved pictures which were supposedly stolen. I guess he just figured if he walked around the block a few more times the balance of his collection would be out there on the street, waiting for him.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:05 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
At least that makes sense -- unlike his failure to post the police report or pictures of all his beloved pictures which were supposedly stolen. I guess he just figured if he walked around the block a few more times the balance of his collection would be out there on the street, waiting for him.
I believe he probably couldn't keep up with all of his lies/stories. I actually feel sorry for the guy. I think he has a real mental issue. Hopefully he gets some help.
Old 05-28-2014, 04:59 AM
Kevin O'Gara

Guys enough already....
Old 07-24-2016, 07:48 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Now that Joey is back, can he please post the photos that were stolen and a copy of the police report so we know if we own any "hot" items? Clearly this is why he voluntarily kicked himself off the board. He was feeling the heat of making up a fake crime.

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection
Old 07-27-2016, 08:50 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Wow. Riveting read. Had to get up to speed in one night but wow.