NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-12-2009, 02:17 PM
Andy Palmer

This shouldn't be on the board. The gentlemanly way to work this out is to inform a moderator or to get your money back and move on. Posting personal info is a bit out of line.

Oh, and as NET54 says on the header, "Caveat Emptor".

V357 1933 WWG Ice Kings Hockey
1921 Exhibits Babe Ruth & Walter Johnson
Greg Maddux PSA 10 Cannon
Pedro Martinez PSA 10 1992 Leaf Gold Insert
Old 08-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by zork1974 View Post
This shouldn't be on the board. The gentlemanly way to work this out is to inform a moderator or to get your money back and move on. Posting personal info is a bit out of line.

Oh, and as NET54 says on the header, "Caveat Emptor".
That's not really the idea; I don't know the facts in this particular case, but hypothetically, in a scenario where someone mis-behaved on the BST, it would help all of us Emptor if we knew about it.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Chris / prewarprints.com

Would a defined feedback system be a good idea?
Old 08-12-2009, 02:33 PM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by slantycouch View Post
Would a defined feedback system be a good idea?
An open feedback system where anyone could post feedback about anyone else probably wouldn't last a week before it turned into a wrestling match.

We've discussed the possibility of a "trader points" system before but it would add quite a bit of complexity to the software we don't want to deal with right now.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Chris / prewarprints.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
An open feedback system where anyone could post feedback about anyone else probably wouldn't last a week before it turned into a wrestling match.

We've discussed the possibility of a "trader points" system before but it would add quite a bit of complexity to the software we don't want to deal with right now.
You may be right.

I don't like the iTrader system, but that's just personal preference. Plus, as you noted, it would be more work for Leon and crew.

I've been on a couple forums where there is a "feedback" area. One of the best I've seen was a system where each user started a thread with his/her name, and as transactions were completed between members, each left feedback for the other person in their respective feedback thread.

There are/were a couple shouting matches here and there, but overall it serves as a good place to review "history" before completing a BST with another user.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:36 PM
D.B. Cooper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u05Qot_yh9c
Old 08-12-2009, 02:37 PM
Banned

I disagree with Zork. He stated "This shouldn't be on the board. The gentlemanly way to work this out is to inform a moderator or to get your money back and move on. Posting personal info is a bit out of line."

Things like this should be posted so no one else deals with the guy. No disrespect to Andrew but 500 dollars should not get him fuming or upset,
really he should just black ball this dude and never do business with him again.

I have dealt personally with Andrew and he is right on the money when it comes to paying for cards and shipping cards. My gut feeling is the other dude is your typical bullshit wishy washy guy who always finds a way to screw something up with excuses.

My question is why would this guy accept payment and agree to shipping to then change his mind and feel Andrew would not be satisfied? What is wrong with this scenario is the time lost on Andrew's side dealing with the deal.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Dan Bretta

How does one retrieve a package from the USPS? Especially 8+ days after it was supposedly sent out?
Old 08-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Chris / prewarprints.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
How does one retrieve a package from the USPS? Especially 8+ days after it was supposedly sent out?
You just "have the post office return the package" magically! You didn't know that?

Last edited by slantycouch; 08-12-2009 at 02:48 PM. Reason: to add blatant sarcasm.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Scott Mt. Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
As I said above, I bet the package never went out or as stated above they only printed out the postal form but never mailed it. I bet they had someone else interested and were trying to get more money, they might have said I have it sold at $500 but if you want to offer more let me know but it goes in the mail in 5 days. Then if they sold it to the second party they could file a refund on the USPS label and get that money back or just eat it $5 because they made $75 more on the deal.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Ⓑⓘⓛⓛ Ⓒⓞⓡⓝⓔⓛⓛ

People who renege on deals shouldn't sell stuff, ever.

But posting personal emails also merits a tsk tsk.

Bill
Old 08-12-2009, 02:59 PM
David

Obviously he never sent out the cards in the first place. He probably had second thoughts right from the beginning and probably didn't really want to sell the cards for the price, for whatever reason. We get attached to cards and can find it tough to sell them sometimes. Its not like selling junk from the garage.

I am probably in the minority here but I don't see it as the end of the world. I am sure if I were in your position I'd be pissed off also but sometimes things just don't work out. In fact, given what he did it seems he did his best to back out as politely as he could given the circumstances and hope you reacted ok.

I don't agree with him backing out of the transaction but shit happens. Without a pattern developing I don't think its right to destroy his future at the board for a mistake either even if it probably wasn't the smartest thing to do. Its not like he stole from you. From what I understand he is refunding your money. Worse things happen on here!

Just my opinion.

Now if it turns out he sell them to someone else here on the board for a few more bucks, all bets are off.

Last edited by daviddbreadman; 08-12-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

Yea, this is a childish transaction, luckily, it didn't end worse for you. If this is true, it's sad he sold out his rep for such a meager sum. Of course, Jason needs to be heard.

JERRY: Well, it's too late. I gave it to Elaine, and she's already on her way to
give it to George's father.

WINONA: Jerry, I really need it back. It, it is mine.

JERRY: You can't give something and then take it back. I mean, what are you...
(catches himself)

WINONA: What?

JERRY: A uh, a person that uh...

WINONA: A person that what?

JERRY: Well, a person that gives something and then they're dissatisfied and
they wish they had, had never uh...

WINONA: And?

JERRY: ...give, given it to the person that they originally gave it to.

WINONA: You mean like, an Indian giver?!

JERRY: I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with that term.