NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-06-2018, 06:13 PM
Cliff

Default PSA & SGC drop off lines...

I've dropped off cards at both PSA and SGC for 20/30 day "send them to me service."

I was renewing PSA club every year at the national to get the 15 free, but last year I waited 2 hours and wasn't even close to seeing someone so I gave up. I tried a few times and the lines are ridiculous.

I don't know about turn around times (but past experience SGC is close to 20 days and PSA is whenever 20+ days), but plan on spending at least 2 hours on line to see anybody at PSA (ridiculous) and SGC is "walk-up" service (maybe at the most 10 minute wait)....
T206 Back Set - 37/38
T227 Series of Champions Master Set 45/48
1948 Bowman - Baseball & Football (upgrading)

Last edited by Marslife; 07-06-2018 at 06:14 PM.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:16 PM
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marslife View Post
I've dropped off cards at both PSA and SGC for 20/30 day "send them to me service."

I was renewing PSA club every year at the national to get the 15 free, but last year I waited 2 hours and wasn't even close to seeing someone so I gave up. I tried a few times and the lines are ridiculous.

I don't know about turn around times (but past experience SGC is close to 20 days and PSA is whenever 20+ days), but plan on spending at least 2 hours on line to see anybody at PSA (ridiculous) and SGC is "walk-up" service (maybe at the most 10 minute wait)....
PSA - Over 2 Hours
SGC - 10 Minutes
Beckett - How Long is their Wait?

Does Beckett or SGC Authenticate Game-Used Bats?
Old 07-06-2018, 07:23 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

PSA is trying to shorten their line by giving you a quicker line if all your paperwork is already filled out.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:16 PM

Will SGC allow me to submit cards at the show that they can then grade and mail back to me? I'm not in hurry to get these cards graded, but it'll be easier than mailing it to then if I can just drop the cards off in Cleveland

Last edited by BuckiGuy; 07-06-2018 at 09:17 PM.
Old 07-07-2018, 12:13 AM
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckiGuy View Post
Will SGC allow me to submit cards at the show that they can then grade and mail back to me? I'm not in hurry to get these cards graded, but it'll be easier than mailing it to then if I can just drop the cards off in Cleveland
Good Question.

I wonder too (Since I am only going for one day and they say cards will be ready at the end of show on Sunday for Pick Up) if I just left them would they immediately mail them back to me once they get back to PSA Headquarters?

I mean they will already be graded so I should not have to wait the 6 Months Plus that people say you have to wait these days.

I am not talking about leaving them to be graded at PSA Headquarters when they get back like the OP says he wants to drop them off for (He would just save the time it takes to mail them and save on Postage).

I want to give them to them and pay as if I am picking them up on Sunday but I will not be there to pick them up. Then they will have to take them back already graded. They would just then have to mail them back to me.

Anybody do that to save time?

Last edited by that T206 Guy; 07-07-2018 at 12:16 AM.
Old 07-07-2018, 04:17 AM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckiGuy View Post
I believe they always have in the past. So I'm sure you can do the same this year. No company wants to turn away business. In fact, cards that don't have to be graded at the show are easier for the TPG's because then they can be placed into the return to the office bins and not done on site.

And, the last couple of years, SGC has not had nearly the lines of BGS and PSA. So you can usually just go right up to SGC and get all your work completed in terms of your submission.

And for at least the last 15-18 years all 3 TPG's have been able to grade on site. That's one reason the cost is higher, because you have bring in graders with the costs of labor and transport. The staff at Beckett Grading knows how many cards their graders can handle which is why the cutoffs are what they are. On a different issue, that's why for at least Beckett and PSA they don't count days at the National towards your submissions at their offices. At least at BGS, there is only a skeleton staff left in the office. And I would wager PSA has a significantly reduced staff at their offices as well as you can tell by their lines.

Rich

Last edited by Rich Klein; 07-07-2018 at 04:21 AM.
Old 07-07-2018, 12:07 AM
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
PSA is trying to shorten their line by giving you a quicker line if all your paperwork is already filled out.
Definitly a Good Idea.

I wonder how much time it will save though?

On their Web Site they said they have Hired alot more Graders because they state it is the busiest they have ever been in 18 years.

And They have also Authorized alot of Overtime.

So Maybe they will Bring More Graders this Year to Help Speed things Up too.

How Many Graders did they have Last Year?

Last edited by that T206 Guy; 07-07-2018 at 12:09 AM.