NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-02-2004, 06:25 PM
Administrator

Default Fraud Notice

Posted By: Robert {Bigb13}

Has anyone else gotten this email?

Date:Tue, 2 Nov 2004 01:58:23 +0100
From:aw-confirm@ebay.com  Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book
To:bigb104776@yahoo.com
Subject:TKO Notice: Urgent Fraud Investigation
***Urgent Fraud Prevention Group Notice***

You have received this email because we have strong reason to believe that your eBay account had been recently compromised. In order to prevent any fraudulent activity from occurring we are required to open an investigation into this matter. To speed up this process, you are required to verify your eBay account by following the link below.

https://signin.ebay.com/saw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&UsingSSL=1
(To complete the verification process you must fill in all the required fields)

Please Note: If your account informations are not updated within the next 72 hours, then we will assume this account is fraudulent and will be suspended. We apologize for this inconvenience, but the purpose of this verification is to ensure that your eBay account has not been fraudulently used and to combat fraud.

We appreciate your support and understanding, as we work together to keep eBay a safe place to trade.
Thank you for your attention on this serious matter. We apologize for any delay in resolving this situation.

Regards,

Morris Franklin
eBay SafeHarbor
Investigations Team

Please do not reply to this e-mail as this is only a notification. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered.
eBay treats your personal information with the utmost care, and our Privacy Policy is designed to protect you and your information.
Copyright © 2004 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.
eBay is located at 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.
Old 11-02-2004, 06:40 PM
Administrator

Default Fraud Notice

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

this is a spoof. Everyone's getting them, sometimes dozens daily. Don't sign in from ANY emails. Ebay will NOT ask you to sign in. Any confusion you have, go to www.ebay.com and THEN sign in. Do not click on any links in emails. Same thing for Paypal or ANY financial sites.

Old 11-03-2004, 06:43 AM
Administrator

Default Fraud Notice

Posted By: Robert {Bigb13}

Old 11-03-2004, 12:43 PM
Administrator

Default Fraud Notice

Posted By: Darren J. Duet MD

I receive this notice every day. Two years ago I got something similar and responded and in a matter of a week I lost 20K out of my bank account. Of course I reported it to my local sheriff's office, bank, and eventually the feds. I did get some relief from my bank, but man what a learning experience.