NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-17-2002, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Default baseball card hall of fame

Posted By: John(z28jd)

I was just talking to myself and i agreed that it would be a good idea to try and start a voting(maybe monthly depending on how well it works out) for choosing the best vintage cards and having our own mock hall of fame on this board.So i would like to hear others ideas on how to go about this... i would need a cutoff date,maybe nothing after 1941 so first id like to hear thought on this...i couldnt do it myself but if this idea does work is there anyone who could post scans of the cards that get "elected" on their own page,even if theres a way we could do it on here.My thinking would be forr the first election,eventho it would be tough to pick,would be 1 card each from "N","E","T",and then 1 from others for a total of 4 each ballot.
If you like this idea and want to send possible nominees to me,email me at darealdrza@aol.com and i could put together a ballot and in a week or so submit the ballot to the board. So dont submit the card choices here,just let me know the cutoff date,and if anyone can post the scans of the winners somewhere,and if the 1 from each of the 4 groups is a good idea.
I actually put alot of thought into this which doesnt happen often,so take advantage of it and i might start doing it more

Old 08-17-2002, 12:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

sounds like a neat idea to me. If I get off my lazy butt and start working on my website again, I'll see how space I have available. My new ISP gives me 10meg of space, which is a huge improvement over my last ISP which only gave me 5meg.

Jay

Old 08-17-2002, 03:16 PM
Administrator

That would be great Jay,but how about also sending me your choices for each of the 4 categories.....didnt want this thread to go too far down the list also

Old 08-17-2002, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brueso

one E, etc. seems too limited. It might be tough enough to shoose one of some of the categories (for example, how to choose "one E92, one E95, one E90-1"- I could vote in each different series-in my case, for those 3 series, I'd say E92 Matty (2nd choice E92 Wagner throwing), E95 Cobb, E90-1 Matty. I might be able to choose my top 10 favorite T-206s, but no way could I choose just one.

Old 08-17-2002, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Well send me a list and it will all be on a ballot,and the one with the most votes from each will be picked,i didnt want too many cards at one time to start and thought it would be better to vote on the rest every month or so....so its like an ongoing topic....if people want to send me the actual cards ill display them somewhere if that would be easier(fingers crossed saying please please please fall for this) but i would still need a list and just the top one would make it each vote,like the hall of fame vote with out the 75% minimum because too many would be included at once and it would lose its luster

Old 08-17-2002, 05:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay Miller

John---Would these be cards we own or cards in general(like the PSA8 Wagner if someone wanted to nominate it)?

Old 08-17-2002, 06:22 PM
Administrator

I would just say cards in general but not as specific as you just mentioned.Wagner T206 in general would be fine enough but if you own a card you want to nominate then by all means nominate it,im guessing and i might be wrong, that picking a particular N card might be tough for you Jay so if you want to email me a few suggestions,ive got some so far but havent heard from near everybody

Old 08-17-2002, 10:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

one of the two or three most beautiful card sets of the century?

Old 08-17-2002, 10:08 PM
Administrator

they could be Julie,but you have to draw the line somewhere,i was gonna say pre-1950 like ebay has them listed,but chose 41 instead which isnt set in stone,judging by some of the responses ive got almost every card mentioned has been pre 1920 anyway....still need responses from alot more people,including you julie....dont be party poopers!

Old 08-17-2002, 11:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

We make an exception for Julie and let '53 Bowman's ONLY in........the rest could be '41 and earlier....just my thinking....regards all

Old 08-18-2002, 12:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay behrens

Sorrry, no exceptions. Dan's idea is for vintage cards. To almost everyone here, that means pre WW2. If we make an exception for Julie becuase she likes the 53 Bowmans, than we have to start making exceptions for everyone elses favorite, mine being the 1972 Topps, for which I would nomimate the Billy Martin card :-p

Jay

Old 08-18-2002, 08:13 AM
Administrator

Jay are you trying to say i stole Dans idea
So far ive gotten alot of different E cards menntioned.voting should be interesting in that category.Dont have alot of choices for "others" though,figured for such a broad category it would get more responses.
Get in your votes,otherwise im gonna start writing you and if i dont get a list from you then,then you wont be allowed in the vintage card hall of fame(and dont try to sneak in because the ghost of ty cobbs mom will be gaurding it with a shotgun,and you know what she did to her husband): darealdrza@aol.com

Old 08-22-2002, 08:32 AM
Administrator

I have all of the suggestions written down,but if anyone else wants to get in some late votes let me know....ballots will be posted on here this saturday so get the votes in before then.thanks to everyone who has already sent me choicces and suggestions