NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-01-2007, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: MVSNYC

i just went to the bathroom real quick...what did i miss?

Old 02-01-2007, 01:33 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: Kenneth A. Cohen

I love YouTube for the access it gives to all of those old obscure video clips. A special thanks to those you have posted the links. I can't wait to get home to view them. My computer at work isn't equipped to play them.

This thread is truly many threads within a thread. A real free-for-all, a food fight, Hatfields vs McCoys, etc. Even an occasional reference to baseball cards, I think. And it reached a new low (this is a good thing) with its plunge into potty humor.

BTW Joann, if you want to enter the contest I am sure that the boys could come up with some kind of reasonable handicap system. Sort of like Elaine did for Jerry, Cosmo and George when they bet on who could remain Master of Their Domaine the longest.

Old 02-01-2007, 01:34 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: barrysloate

What is the official board policy on using the term "blowjob"? I seem to have misplaced my rule book.

Old 02-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: Judson Hamlin

Y'know, a dentist in Tuckerton could really make out well, as long as he took muskrat pelts and crab pots as payment.

Old 02-01-2007, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: Chad

you have to buy dinner first. At least, I think it is.

--Chad

Old 02-01-2007, 01:40 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: PC

I know I mentioned them, but did I miss a Jam referendum?

This has to be the fastest exploding thread ever -- 250+ and the work day isn't even over.

I think Jim is right, but IMO once a thread has run its course, does it really matter where it goes from there? Maybe those threads weren't dormant when they changed direction, and in that case I can understand the frustration.

Old 02-01-2007, 01:40 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: Bob

LOL. Touche' Chad.
This thread has spiralled, hasn't it? Just think if I had put on Country Joe and the Fish' Feel Like I am Fixing to Die Rag? Might be board warfare!

Old 02-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: peter chao

Bob,

You mean this thread could get wilder...then put on Country Joe.

Peter

Old 02-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

How about "Electric Music for the Mind and Body"- that is Country Joe's best.

Old 02-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

come on 500.......

What was the record anyway.......?

Old 02-01-2007, 01:48 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: Bruce MacPherson

Ken,
I am in the same boat as you. My damned work computer will not play the YouTube clips. I feel like I am only getting half of the story. I sure the wife won't be too happy when I get home and ignore her and the kids to play catch up.

Bob, please don't end pull out the Country Joe unless you are willing to send us all some Ganja.

Old 02-01-2007, 01:51 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

A few days ago I mentioned that the NYC dinner thread was unapproachable...but have we just crowned a new champion? Is this our new "craziest thread ever"?

Let us vote (for another 100-150 posts)

Old 02-01-2007, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: john/z28jd

Judson im pretty sure the last dentist in Tuckerton was burned at the stake because his talk of using a toothbrush daily was considered satanic.If what i hear is correct,people in Tuckerton considered losing teeth to be a blessing from god,they would take the teeth and plant them in the ground and in the summer they would have corn,or at least they thought they did. Really it was just the same soft yellow teeth they planted to begin with but it didnt matter because they didnt eat corn anyway so they never knew the difference.

Scott isnt really from Tuckerton,so he hasnt lost all his teeth yet.Once he does,then he can leave his house and not be considered an outsider

Old 02-01-2007, 01:54 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: E, Daniel

There are many funny stories about me, but very few I find funny though,

When I was a little over 2 years old, my mum tells me she noticed I was running around the house saying "**** I'm Late, **** I'm Late" while searching for something or other. Her concern lasted a full 30 minutes as guests were coming that night for dinner, and she began to imagine having stern words with the Nun who ran my pre-school over language in the play yard.
And then the light bulb went off, and she realized that I was merely repeating what she in fact mumbled every morning as she got ready to go to work.

So kids, blow jobs are in fact proffessional occupations that require satchmo style cheeks and the ability to chew 6 pieces of bubble yum while producing minimum radius bubbles of no less than 6 inches. Did I say 6 inches, I meant 9.....

Daniel

Old 02-01-2007, 01:55 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: JimCrandell

Barry,

The advertisers love me--noone can generate as much controversy and as many hits as I do in a given day.

Some might be surprised to know this is all part of a plan so Leon can charge more(ha ha).

Jim

Old 02-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: Colt McClelland

Jim,

I do know a couple of girls who might be willing to take on a charity case like you, but if you are really into guys then you may need to go to someone else for help.

Old 02-01-2007, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: Rich Klein

Only went for 185 posts:

This thread, with national attention and twists and turns; surpassed that figure in just one working day.

And I finished writing about 20 pages worth of material for an upcoming Beckett Media book in between all these posts and my lunch date with Leon, and <gasp> two meetings; so I have to thank you for the great inspiration in helping me finish with a smile on may face.

I like the 500 goal; and in fact; every time we need to go off topic; let's send people back to this thread in the future

Cheers,

Rich

Old 02-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: Ray Piskadlo

This thread would make for a great poll:

Best topic to hijack a thread with?

A. Seinfeld
B. Punk rock
C. You Tube
D. NYC dinner plans
E. Politics
F. Religion
G. The use of "we"

Am I missing any???

Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

You seem to be looking for a guy to perform on given your comments--good luck in your quest.

And we are still waiting for one worthwhile non-attack post from you Mr. dealer Apologist

Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Can we just delete the, um, low blows instead of locking this one up? I have to work another hour and this is really killing the time.

--Chad

Old 02-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Rich,i dont like bring up baseball cards,but when can i be in your magazine for something besides my opinion on the top 10 baseball cards which happened a year or so ago(btw,i was the only person who got 2 responses published). I wanna be a feature article....who else do you know has 22 Old Judge cards of the same guy who only has 2 poses? Im really being slighted here

I'll let you do the article as long as you use "he collected" instead of "eclectic".If you say them fast enough they sound the same

Old 02-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: Judson Hamlin

If we have a poll about hijacking threads, won't this thread self-destruct in five seconds?

I love Tuckerton- I think it's the only place (except Ong's Hat) that you can hear people in NJ say things like "and them's good eatin'"

Old 02-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: Bob

Appropriate song for this board today
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJV44YV69z0&mode=related&search=

Old 02-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: Kyle

Sometimes its difficult to read some of the threads on here because of the condescending tones (ironic to read a tone, yes... but its possible). Sometimes it feels like a high school popularity contest; who has the most money, who can afford this, who has this in there collection, who only collects the best, etc.

As a young enthusiast, it becomes upsetting reading some of the messages on here directly attacking and criticizing other people. Thankfully, I've managed to work out a few deals, while all being minor ones, with several fantastic members of the forum and thats what keeps me coming back to learn. There's nothing better than reading a "Show me your..." thread and seeing all the amazing pictures that are posted. Every week, if not day, I've been able to see something I've never seen before, and thats exciting. Nearly everyday, someone on here has a question, about a set, player, etc. and there is someone on here to help them, that's exciting.

I think everyone just needs to accept that there are different collectors on here. Some are here to build a massive collection of low grade HOFs, a collection on only specific players, of only specific teams, of only high grade cards. Some are seeking information on collections that were passed down to them from their father's or grandfather's, not wanting to make a mistake and sell them for less than their value. Some would argue that that it is wrong to do that, but don't forget that some people aren't as fortunate as others on the board. Some people seek help so they are able to maximize the value to put more/better food on the table, clothes on their kids' backs, and maybe even star saving for educations. Some are here to gain information on what is worth investing to create supplemental income. Some use the board to help make extra money to pay off bills, assist with the mortgage, finance a car.

Regardless, we're all here for the same purpose, to read, enjoy, share, trade, sell and grow. The fact of the matter is is that without people willing to sell/trade, none of our collections would grow, nor would there be any demand.

By the way, I like cheese too. Thanks for the laugh. If'd like another laugh, search youtube for South Park Evolution. Sometimes that show crosses the line, but sometimes it is absolutely hilarious. Here's another one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQre61r1QUI

Also, my guess is 400... this thread is going to keep on going until it is masterlocked. Anyone think the Cubs have a chance this year?

Old 02-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: leon

The butt smelling monkey is befitting....very nice.

Old 02-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: Steve M

I think that the Barry Bonds on steriods thread went well into the 300's. So, keep em coming.

Old 02-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: Steve f

Colt, Please quit with the homophobic comments. thanks

Old 02-01-2007, 02:19 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Kyle,

It's young guys like you that are frank and open. That youtube monkey is great.

Peter

Old 02-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Thanks Steve F--I agree--no place for that on these boards.

Old 02-01-2007, 02:24 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: Kyle

I enjoy reading your posts, Peter. Your posts always result in some new information for me to digest.

Also, I find the homophobic comments very offensive and would appreciate it if they were stopped (and deleted/edited out).

Thanks,
Kyle

Old 02-01-2007, 02:25 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Pls edit them out Leon-

Its obvious the guy has some serious issues.

Old 02-01-2007, 02:29 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: E, Daniel

Is Homophoebic a man that looks like Phoebi from Friends?

Daniel

Old 02-01-2007, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: T206Collector

The first BJ reference was by Colt, but it was a heterosexual quotation from "Good Morning Vietnam."

Jim turned that into a homophobic comment, saying "And you appear just the kind of guy that would do it."

Jim is being disingenuous by suggesting that Colt made the first or only homophobic comment.

Old 02-01-2007, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

no, it's someone who is afraid of being locked in their house...

Old 02-01-2007, 02:31 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Jim, you just blew (ODL!) another irony meter.

Stop!

Please....

Old 02-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Before while eating lunch at my grandparents i tried to write down all the presidents and all the states in under 10 minutes. The only one I missed was James Buchanan(president).I also spelled Delaware wrong if you must know but that was in haste. Last time i tried to name all the presidents for someone i missed James Garfield. I must have a mental block against famous people named James although i knew who Johnny James was when my grandfather mentioned him the other day.Best hall of famer named James....James O'Rourke(I dare you to say its James Galvin and no one called Jimmie Foxx, James)

Old 02-01-2007, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: Cobby33

OH...Nevermind!!

Old 02-01-2007, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: Joann

Rethinking my post on this thread out-dysfunctionaling (wow - great new word) the epic NYC dinner thread.

I don't think this thread can surpass the NYC dinner thread for absurdity just by number of posts. See, this thread is ad hoc, eclectic, free-for-all, all topics mixed together. That's a whooole lot easier to keep going.

The NYC dinner thread was sublime because it managed to go 185 posts, many filled with rancor and debate (like this one), but also stayed pretty much on one topic AND managed to never reach a conclusion. That one was art. It's going to take a whole lot more than number of posts and garden-variety arguing to top that.

Joann

PS - Leon, I vote for 86ing the homophobic posts, but NOT because of a request from either Colt or Jim that claims the other is setting that tone. Shame on both or either if they ask you to delete it and imply that it's the other one that's being inappropriate.

Old 02-01-2007, 02:39 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: warshawlaw

Jim: Lighten up, Francis. The other thread would have reverted to whatever it would have been regardless of your snit. It is obvious from watching you rise to the bait people throw out there that you take yourself way too seriously. Relax and maybe the laughs will be with you instead of at you.

Old 02-01-2007, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

come on guys, it has been 7 minutes without a new post...what gives? i want to see it hit 300 before i leave my office in 14 minutes...

Old 02-01-2007, 02:50 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: howard

I'd make a post now but I want to wait so I can be #300.

Old 02-01-2007, 02:50 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

done in by homophobia. When are people going to learn? Seriously, a lot of the fun is lost when that kind of stuff rears its head. It was fun while it lasted, though!

--Chad

Old 02-01-2007, 02:54 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

MVSNYC,

Sorry to disappoint you...I can't post all the time...I have to work once in a while.

Peter

Old 02-01-2007, 02:54 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: howard

"Not that there's anything wrong with that"

What episode, barry?

Old 02-01-2007, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: mark

threads at the end of every month. anything goes but no profanity.

Old 02-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

I would note that the NYC Dinner Thread II was resolved in about 15 minutes without any rancor, any claims of bullying, or otherwise ridiculous behavior. What was the difference in that thread from the first NYC Dinner Thread?

Old 02-01-2007, 02:59 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

oh yeah...work, right, i forgot about that.

Old 02-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Given the tenor of this thread, an apt episode- when the NYU journalist overhears Jerry and George talk about their supposed homosexuality- Seinfeld always said that that line made the episode- when they come up with it they knew repeating it endlessly would be the show.

Old 02-01-2007, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Barry, Guys,

We could dub this the Homophoebic Thread...

Is this post 300.

Peter

Old 02-01-2007, 03:17 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Hi Peter,
No it's 298 and here is 299, you can post 300 and retire to Del Boca Vista with Kramer.

This will never end. Brian