NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-23-2016, 12:01 PM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

Default OT: Did you catch the pilot episode of Pitch

You can watch it on FOX or HULU.

Talented baseball pitcher Ginny Baker immediately rises to fame when she is called up by the San Diego Padres and becomes the first woman in Major League Baseball. She immediately sets in on the task of proving herself to her teammates, starting with team captain and catcher Mike Lawson. The two share an immediate chemistry, putting Mike in the middle of tensions between the beautiful new player and certain teammates who don't appreciate a woman out on the mound. Not all of her fellow Padres are so averse to change, with center fielder Blip Sanders providing support through her journey.

I thought it was awesome.

Check out the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0wLCGwYZ3g

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard

Last edited by Buythatcard; 09-23-2016 at 12:03 PM.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:12 PM
David Kathman

I saw the second half of it. Looked promising.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:37 PM
Dave

She better be a junk-baller.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:45 PM
Tony Quinn

Default I'm gonna get reamed for this I bet.....

I just pray it never happens. Love women, just not in sports. Can't guys just have something not invaded by women? I watch sports BECAUSE it's a guy thing. I won't even watch a telecast if it has a woman announcer (sideline reporters or pre/post game are ok just not play by play or color). Whoever she is that they have on ESPN Sunday night baseball completely ruined that broadcast for me. If I want to hear a female blather on about a game I'll have my wife come and sit next to me.
Sorry if this is all over the top sexist, I just believe women should stay out of men's sports.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:52 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnsryche View Post
I just pray it never happens. Love women, just not in sports. Can't guys just have something not invaded by women? I watch sports BECAUSE it's a guy thing. I won't even watch a telecast if it has a woman announcer (sideline reporters or pre/post game are ok just not play by play or color). Whoever she is that they have on ESPN Sunday night baseball completely ruined that broadcast for me. If I want to hear a female blather on about a game I'll have my wife come and sit next to me.
Sorry if this is all over the top sexist, I just believe women should stay out of men's sports.
as a met fan --- Id trade tebow for some hot chick anyday if she can actually pitch, lol
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 09-24-2016, 02:17 AM
Lonnie Nagel

Quote:
+1
Old 09-24-2016, 06:06 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
The announcer you refer to on ESPN Sunday Night baseball is Jessica Mendoza. Can't stand her either as you do not understand what she is saying until she is 3/4 way through a sentence. You could replace her voice with a cackling chicken and not tell the difference. She also cannot give an unbiased commentary of the game which is annoying to the fans. It is also bad with the guys they pair her up with as they all start talking about crap that has nothing to do with the game. Fox network is almost as bad in my opinion. Bring back the days of Harry Carey and Bob Ueker. They were at least entertaining.

Last edited by kmac32; 09-24-2016 at 06:07 PM.
Old 09-24-2016, 06:19 PM

Jackie Mitchell struck out Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig at 17 years old. MLB then formally banned women from competing in the league until 1992. That's not good for the game. The game should appeal to anyone good enough to play it. I think credit is due where credit is deserved. I'm not really sure how baseball is lessened by women participating in the game. Does anyone think they could have hit Jennie Finch?

Last edited by packs; 09-24-2016 at 06:29 PM.
Old 09-24-2016, 07:01 PM
Ron

Quote:
+2
Won't watch college football with female announcers either.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:47 PM

The Padres were a good choice for the team she plays on...their pitching staff could use a little help.

Brian
Old 09-23-2016, 12:58 PM
Marty H.

I enjoyed it. I think I'll be a regular watcher.
Also, I think it would be phenomenal if a woman became a big league player
Old 09-23-2016, 01:06 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

I too think it would be amazing if a woman made it to the major leagues. Talk about reinvigorating the sport. Would be amazing.