NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-27-2018, 11:02 AM
Bry@n

I've got one for my New Orleans collection. I wish it was the one that says Jackson on the bottom.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T210 Lindsay c.jpg (73.9 KB, 495 views)
Old 07-27-2018, 07:32 PM
Jason Wells

I may be a little bias but I think its the T210 set is the most interesting set in baseball car collecting! So many great stories amongst the players represented. Everytime I get a new card I always look forward to the searches from Baseball Reference to Wikipedia. I doubt I will ever have the JJ card so ill consider myself complete at 519. The closer I get the more infrequent the cards become. Great cards everyone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brooks_duo.jpg (71.2 KB, 466 views)
File Type: jpg brooks_duo_back.jpg (70.5 KB, 468 views)

Last edited by Jason; 07-27-2018 at 07:34 PM.
Old 07-28-2018, 12:14 AM
seablaster@yahoo.com

Tony, to answer your question, as far as value, #4 and #5 may be any number of different cards. I'd feel pretty comfortable saying that #3 belongs to the Kelly (mascot) card as it generally fetches over $1000 in any condition. It is pretty difficult to obtain as well.

There are certain players and teams that just don't come up for sale at all. There are players in Series 8 in particular that are super tough. A bidding war for an obscure player can push a card into the 4 digit range. The players who have had MLB experience and who are readily known also draw a premium.

I'm surprised no one has shared the Jones, Oklahoma for the viewers at home. It's a wonderful set and it's been great working on aspects of it with the fellas who have posted in this thread.

I'm particularly fond of this pose of Eugene DeMontreville. I picture him having tried to leg out a throw to first base, all the while his cap comes off, and he's thrown out by a half step. The miffed look on his face confirms it.

Jim Thorpe's old buddy and roommate from the Rocky Mount Railroaders:

The only horizontal card in the set:

Already shared by David, but the relaxed pose is just killer:

Last edited by seablaster; 07-28-2018 at 12:20 AM.
Old 07-28-2018, 06:56 PM

Default Here's mine.................

...........or is it? That's the fun!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OldMill5.jpg (52.0 KB, 412 views)
Old 07-28-2018, 07:03 PM
Andy H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu View Post
I've got one for my New Orleans collection. I wish it was the one that says Jackson on the bottom.
Bryan,

That is one sharp Series 8 example. Nice card my friend.

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
Old 07-28-2018, 09:18 PM
David McDonald

Aside from Shoeless Joe and Ol' Casey there are all kinds of cool major leaguers lurking in the T210 bushes. Jeff Tesreau and Steve Yerkes played against each other two years later in the 1912 Series.

Big Jeff pitched Game One. That small white blob on the mound would be him.

Ivey Wingo played in seventeen ML seasons. Was Cinci's catcher in the Black Sox series.

Charlie Mullen had a not un-solid career with the White Sox and the Yankees. He was New York's first baseman before Wally Pipp.

He also played on Ten Million's high school team.
[I think TM is sitting front-row, second from left right in black sweater. Mullen, I would just be guessing. Maybe the eminent Mr Eskenazi might see this post and weigh in].

Holy Moses! Authentic scantily-clad Dutch penguins etc. Mo' bettah no can get!
The Haul of Shame: http://ImageEvent.com/

Last edited by Kawika; 07-28-2018 at 11:13 PM.
Old 07-28-2018, 10:43 PM
€dw@rd Sk€Łt0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawika View Post
[I think TM is sitting front-row, second from left in black sweater. Mullen, I would just be guessing. Maybe the eminent Mr Eskenazi might see this post and weigh in].
Kawika,

I think TM is front row, second from right? And your collection is, well, spectacular.

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
Old 07-28-2018, 11:09 PM
David McDonald

Thanks for the correction, Ed. "Right" is what I meant to say but I'm on that downhill slide where such basic concepts get mixed up. Aging sucks. Thanks, too, for the kind words about my collection. The cards and ephemera have brought me a ton of enjoyment over the years.
Old 07-29-2018, 02:01 AM
€dw@rd Sk€Łt0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawika View Post
Thanks for the correction, Ed. "Right" is what I meant to say but I'm on that downhill slide where such basic concepts get mixed up. Aging sucks. Thanks, too, for the kind words about my collection. The cards and ephemera have brought me a ton of enjoyment over the years.
I don't believe you about the slide, but the rest I agree. Especially about aging sucks. But collecting, well, that's still brings me a ton of enjoyment. lana 'iʻo ka manaʻo . I hope that translates correct.

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
Old 07-29-2018, 12:35 PM

Very cool cards.
I don't have many but enjoy the ones I have, like this one.
I guess the Moxie Manuel is pretty tough. Anybody have one?
Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T210 Erskine Mayer copy.jpg (51.2 KB, 354 views)