NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-04-2018, 05:07 PM
Dmitry D.

In case you are still keeping up this list, I have a #13 Foxx front, #36 McCosky back in my collection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 41_PB_Foxx_WB_F.jpg (75.5 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg 41_PB_Foxx_WB_B.jpg (78.8 KB, 81 views)
Old 12-04-2018, 09:31 PM
Steve A

Nice Foxx. I havent tracked down all of these but I think I have enough to know the universe that should exist. If you think of these as 24 card groups/panels/series then the following are available:

Fronts 1-24 have 48-25 backs
Fronts 25-48 have 24-1, 48-25 and 72-49 backs
Fronts 49-72 have 48-25 and 72-49 backs

Always looking to finish this project, PMs always open to sellers/traders
Old 12-05-2018, 09:14 AM
Х r

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingfox View Post
In case you are still keeping up this list, I have a #13 Foxx front, #36 McCosky back in my collection.
I sold my entire collection, so I am no longer following it myself. I do think this thread is helpful to others and confirmed copies can be added to this thread. I will add yours to the original post.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:29 AM
Ryan
Ryan McCla.nahan

Very neat. How did this happen to so many cards and who was the printer?

I can confirm a Chuck Klein front/Vince DiMaggio back -the only one I own and can send you a photo if you wish.
Old 12-06-2018, 12:23 PM
Х r

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat61 View Post
Very neat. How did this happen to so many cards and who was the printer?

I can confirm a Chuck Klein front/Vince DiMaggio back -the only one I own and can send you a photo if you wish.
I have already gotten proof if it is on my list. According to my personal checklist that is one of the ones I owned. I owned 63 prior to selling them all to another member.
Old 12-06-2018, 01:27 PM
Steve A

I bought 63 from another member, flawless transaction... I have bunch of dups but only about half of the 144 unique combinations that I believe exist. I can post an updated list if interested.
I think the mystery is what a full uncut sheet looked like. You see 24 card panels sometimes advertised as full sheets but there are also some wide uncut strips that contain rows from multiple panels. Figuring out those sheet puzzles is the coolest part of collecting wrong backs IMO.
Old 12-06-2018, 01:36 PM
Х r

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_a View Post
I bought 63 from another member, flawless transaction... I have bunch of dups but only about half of the 144 unique combinations that I believe exist. I can post an updated list if interested.
I think the mystery is what a full uncut sheet looked like. You see 24 card panels sometimes advertised as full sheets but there are also some wide uncut strips that contain rows from multiple panels. Figuring out those sheet puzzles is the coolest part of collecting wrong backs IMO.
I am glad to see that you did continue this project and that you could do it without me competing with you in the market place.