NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-15-2016, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Scott,
I don't know you so am hesitant to give advice or tell you what to do. But from the history of your posts, which now go back several years, it's clear you need professional help as things don't seem to be turning around for you. Find in the yellow pages a walk in mental health or other kind of facility where someone can help you understand your issues, whatever they might be. When you've been living behind the 8 ball for years it's not just a matter of bad luck. Most towns no matter how small have some resource you can avail yourself of. Something is holding you back from getting out from under this and I'm sure your problems are nothing they haven't seen before. I have a good buddy who from your posts I have to believe struggled with a lot of the same things you are. I'm not going to debate with anyone the power of prayer or what it can accomplish, but it seems to me you need a skilled professional sitting across a desk from you trying to figure out what your issues are and how to get on top of them. This is what these people do. Ask for their help.
Good luck. Be honest with people trying to help you and maybe things will finally turn around. As they say, its darkest right before the dawn.
+1
Old 11-26-2016, 05:45 PM
Scott

I have till Friday here, then its a "warming center" or wherever w.out my cpap. I want to thank all who have helped in an y way. Don't think it doesn't mean a lot to me.

New job, car, a real place where Im not scared and crying. I visited it last night, before being let back in. Its all I want.

GOD BLESS U ALL
Old 11-27-2016, 12:12 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

You'll be okay. I've got a gut feeling about it. Hang in. - Paul
Old 11-27-2016, 07:43 PM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
You'll be okay. I've got a gut feeling about it. Hang in. - Paul
ty SO MUCH, im falling apart but we will see
Old 11-28-2016, 06:53 PM
ThreadKiller

Default ...

best of luck, Scott.

God Bless.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3410283-65 never-give-up-frog.jpg (69.3 KB, 856 views)
Old 03-29-2017, 12:19 PM
Scott

Unfort, looks like I need to be out Sunday night. and lack funds to do much. Please friends, prayers needed AGAIN. I have some stuff for sale too. Love everyone. and Thanks in advance. Prayers and all work well together! GOD BLESS
Old 04-15-2017, 06:03 AM
Scott

Unfort, I did some lies, and hurt my friends inside. Made mistakes and am ashamed, tho none of em were "bad". they still hurt. I am basically out of money and may have no place starting tonight. I NEED prayers and well wishes from all my friends on here.

Have a blessed Easter all. and remember our love for Baseball and each other. Hope it'll pull us all through.!!!!!
Old 04-15-2017, 06:46 AM

Scott:

I don't know you outside of a few transactions on BST, but I'm going to make a couple of suggestions. First stop with all the "need prayers" nonsense. Nobody is going to provide you a greater blessing than yourself. Second, Vince Lombardi used to say that a true measure of someone is whether they make the most of what they have. So take what little you have and make the most of it. Then build on it. That is the best advice I can give for someone in your situation. Remember that you are only a failure once you decide to quit trying.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:26 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
Unfort, I did some lies, and hurt my friends inside. Made mistakes and am ashamed, tho none of em were "bad". they still hurt. I am basically out of money and may have no place starting tonight. I NEED prayers and well wishes from all my friends on here.

Have a blessed Easter all. and remember our love for Baseball and each other. Hope it'll pull us all through.!!!!!
Scott, I also don't know you, but this "prayer" thing has been going on now for over 2 yrs.

In your post above, you said you lied? I am not sure how old your are but based on your life experiences that you have told us about, I would think you would know by now, that lying is just going to lead to further problems, no?

With no money, etc, I am sure it is not easy to get some help, but you need to exhaust all those avenues in an effort to get yourself better.

Coming on here asking for prayers for 2 yrs or more is only going to cause you further grieve as most people are going to react negatively towards you, especially, when they read about your lies and realize most of your problems seem to be self induced?

Imo, and this may be harsh, but I can't help but think you seek attention and love the drama you currently have in your life?
As was written above, you need to do some soul searching, reflect on your past mistakes, and figure out where it all went south on you, then, and only then, can you get on the right path and move forward.

"If you think the way you have always thought, then you'll get what you've always gotten"

Good luck.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmh71 View Post
Scott:

I don't know you outside of a few transactions on BST, but I'm going to make a couple of suggestions. First stop with all the "need prayers" nonsense. Nobody is going to provide you a greater blessing than yourself. Second, Vince Lombardi used to say that a true measure of someone is whether they make the most of what they have. So take what little you have and make the most of it. Then build on it. That is the best advice I can give for someone in your situation. Remember that you are only a failure once you decide to quit trying.
+1
Old 04-15-2017, 09:44 AM
Scott

well said everyone, but its just awful hard right now.
Old 04-15-2017, 11:38 AM
D@vi d B@zi ni

I'll pray for the GrayGhost. Why not? I like his scary name. I'll even dust off the ol' Ouija Board and see if I can get connected to Jesus Himself. I'm due for a supernatural chat session, as I haven't contacted the dead since my famous Toad Ramsey seance a couple years ago.
Old 04-15-2017, 01:35 PM
Howard Chasser

Scott,

Also do not know you, but offer this:

1) Find an appropriate 12 step group (God knows there are enough different ones around today) and work the program

NO MATTER WHAT:

2) Take actions aligned with your integrity (presume lying and a couple of other things your alluded to in your posts are personal integrity violations for yourself - you lied, but do not want to live as a liar)

3) Take actions in the direction of what you believe to be right and what you want.

4) Put the outcome of any of those actions in God's hands

Fully believe prayers and support help, but also believe that God helps those who help themselves. The actions are ours to take, the outcomes are God's to make. God doesn't do it for us, he does it with us.

The foregoing statements are entirely my belief and opinion and not intended to offend anyone if you believe differently.
Old 04-15-2017, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baztacula View Post
I'll pray for the GrayGhost. Why not? I like his scary name. I'll even dust off the ol' Ouija Board and see if I can get connected to Jesus Himself. I'm due for a supernatural chat session, as I haven't contacted the dead since my famous Toad Ramsey seance a couple years ago.
WHaT Does "db" Stand for?
Old 04-15-2017, 04:59 PM

I'm not an expert on your problems (or much anything else) and you've probably received this advice many times in the past. It sounds like you need temporary homeless shelter and, assuming you're not physically disabled, gainful employment. If you've not tapped out family and friends, maybe temporary financial assistance is available. You've got to rebuild your life one step at a time. Maybe after a couple months work you would be in a position to rent a room. It seems to me that the last thing you need to be concerned with is dealing baseball cards.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:00 PM
Bruce Mattioli

Hey Scott,

I have met and chatted with you at the Mansfield Flea Market here in CT on a few occasions.. I have enjoyed talking with you and have admired your knowledge within the hobby. Head up my man, prayers sent..
Old 04-15-2017, 06:43 PM
Louis
Louis Wi.ese

Default whaaat

If "baztacula" ever hits rock bottom any time in his life, I hope his sick sense of humor helps to pull him up.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdenny View Post
WHaT Does "db" Stand for?
Dav.id Baz.ini
Old 04-15-2017, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
Dav.id Baz.ini
Dankz Cliff & David Bazini...
I Guess THiS Irish MiND of Mine Spent a Bit To Much Time Under the Seas,
iT Came up Wit SumThiN Along the Lines Wit his Sarcasm...
Old 04-15-2017, 08:32 PM
D@vi d B@zi ni

Quote:
Originally Posted by skooter View Post
If "baztacula" ever hits rock bottom any time in his life, I hope his sick sense of humor helps to pull him up.
"Sick sense of humor"? I actually contacted the spirit of Toad Ramsey. I'm the real deal. How many spirits have you contacted, skooter?

It's all documented here...

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=208011
Old 04-16-2017, 05:41 AM
D@vi d B@zi ni

GrayGhost, I have a friend who is a pastor in the Metro Detroit area and we were talking about meeting up next week. While I think I saw you are in Connecticut, it's possible that he has connections with someone in your area as a lot of these pastors know each other. I could ask him if he knows anyone you could talk to or if he has some advice. He's also a big baseball fan, appropriately enough. What city are you near? Send me a PM if you want.
Old 04-22-2017, 06:18 AM
D@vi d B@zi ni

GrayGhost, I sent you this in a pm but I'm also posting here because maybe someone on the board knows a pastor or a church in the Middletown area.

Here is the response from my pastor friend...

Well, a few years ago I knew 2 Connecticut pastors in Wallingford CT. Not sure where that is relative to Middletown. However, they've both relocated -- Chicago & Minneapolis. What he needs is a fellowship/church to join. This is just one of the reasons why the church exists. If he were in my church our people are very loving and provide the safety net that this man needs (in terms of transitional struggles, food, clothing, shelter, etc.) also many have been hired because of church connections etc. The church isn't a "welfare system" or a way of dependent life--more of a hand UP. But I can tell you I've bought many $500 MEIJER GIFT CARDS for those in need that demonstrate a desire to participate in the church community. This man probably needs professional help from a trained Christian counselor; more than a just a pastor. That's what my daughteris going to school for. Hope this helps.

Pastor Steven
Old 04-22-2017, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Quote:
GrayGhost, I sent you this in a pm but I'm also posting here because maybe someone on the board knows a pastor or a church in the Middletown area.

Here is the response from my pastor friend...

Well, a few years ago I knew 2 Connecticut pastors in Wallingford CT. Not sure where that is relative to Middletown. However, they've both relocated -- Chicago & Minneapolis. What he needs is a fellowship/church to join. This is just one of the reasons why the church exists. If he were in my church our people are very loving and provide the safety net that this man needs (in terms of transitional struggles, food, clothing, shelter, etc.) also many have been hired because of church connections etc. The church isn't a "welfare system" or a way of dependent life--more of a hand UP. But I can tell you I've bought many $500 MEIJER GIFT CARDS for those in need that demonstrate a desire to participate in the church community. This man probably needs professional help from a trained Christian counselor; more than a just a pastor. That's what my daughteris going to school for. Hope this helps.

Pastor Steven
Okay... You Brought it uP!
"Trained Christian Counselor?"

As Far As AsKiN Goes...
No Wiggy Board Required,
Jesus is omnipresent!

So According to Your Pastor Steven,
Sumone Needs to Earn their way inta his Good Grace!?!?
Not WHaT Jesus said...

"Ask and You Shall Receive"

Keep AskiN Mr. Scott,
Hold Fast & Let Your LiGHT Shine Brother!!!

PS db ~ I'm Curious... Does Your Pastor Steven Friend Even
Know About Your "Hands uP Wiggy Board Response ta Mr. Scott"?

And BeiN a Pastor means, You Have ta Ask fir Help Every Day!
JuST WHaT Mr. Scott's DoiN ~

So One is RiGHT & the other is Wrong?

Sumone MiGHT JuST Be a Bit Confused...
Old 04-22-2017, 06:50 PM
Larry Harris
Banned

Scott hang tough and be strong my friend may God bless you
Old 04-22-2017, 07:18 PM

I SaY wHat WHigGy DistRiBuTOr caP WhiZ bAng doEth Tu PaC!

jusT mY TWo cEnts.

Rob M