NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 09:48 PM
je.sse @rnot

Default Begsu1013s Final Post

I will preface this by saying I have never had a problem with Leon personally. We've actually had quite a few conversations via PM and email, and he has helped me out on a couple of occasions. Bob asked me to post what he intended to be his final post here as he is no longer allowed to do so.

So Leon, no hard feelings on my end, but I do feel Bob deserved a chance to say what he had to say.

"traveling guys. purposely w/o a computer, so typed this on my phone...please bear w me but since this is really the only group of guys i truly care about on this issue, i wanted you guys to at least know most of this bs story so here it is...

please lemme know if anything is unclear or grammatically confusing

get back tuesday and will submit my official version:

first off, let me apologize to those who mighta been offended of the cat pic. most of those who know me can surely tell you that i joke and bust balls, a lot. but i still find it funny and the fact that i do does not demise myself of being an animal lover. for those that were offended, i made the donation WELL before any of you even chimed in. its there in the original thread. and at the very least, you should find some minimal solace in knowing that something positive did come outta of this! go take a look.

DISCLAIMER: for the faint of heart, there is some cussing below. i apologize in advance, but im gonna drive my points home hard on this one considering.

a majority of the folks didnt even realize the point of the thread. i was mocking the dog thread and myself. i have always been a big proponent to those that step in and piss on other peoples threads, ie "wrong section" or "shouldnt this be in the post war section". now, had I posted that pic in the dog thread itself, then I would probably have whooped my own ass. to me, that woulda been distasteful and mean.

most of you need to realize that this is much more to this than what is being talked about or publically known.

as leon has recently skirted and briefly mentioned of antagonizing him...well, read my reply first and one can surely state that the opposite has been done. but have I recently been antagonizing him? da** right i did.

this man, along w another accused me of selling a stolen, 1973 panini signed jack nicklaus card w a gift high book value of maybe $500. on a good day.

before i go into my long diatribe of how ridiculous this accusation was let me make two quick points...

1. the card was not being offered for sale, rather simply posted in the "golf cards section"

2. the most important thing. its complete and utter bullshit, an attack on my personal character. f**** a right, i was pissed. still am.

(commercial break. go grab some popcorn and a coke and lets get settled in)

my initial crossing w leon came from a pm he sent me after requesting the mastro list from him. i got an unexpected backlash about how i pissed him off bc i was talking shit about him in a cu thread. he specifically told me that peter north told him about it and how i was dogging him about (and note this irony) a stolen baseball card. ha.

well truth of the matter is, i wasnt talking shit (insert link) and not only that, when i asked peter about it, he had no clue what leon was talking about AND even leon said "oh, it musta been somebody else". but, no real apology given. i have thick skin, first time w/ him so i swept it under the rug.

flash fwd, leon has sold off his pre-war collection, started focusing on post-war (funny) and have since bought a few, not quite high end, but nice centered hof rcs from him.

so then enters this jason cheng fellow. this guys been following me like the plauge for years. still pissed bc i wouldnt sell him a '52 mantle at some lowball offer years ago. so, he's been following any sales i may have had (maybe a total of 3 per year) and posting the sale price. ie 63 rose 9 for $35k which at the time was a record, but naturally he notes that six months later its sold for $60k+, etc. but a real dueche bag move/guy in general. its all there in the threads, search if so inclined but really not worth your time...

and here's where leon comes into play...i am not a rat or tattle tale. i simply start peppering his threads behind him as he was doing to me. im an eye for an eye kinda guy. you f w me, ill throw it right back at you. anyways, leons #1 rule is that pretty much anything flies on n54 so long as your name is in the post. so when peppering jason back w a post, i stuck his full name in a post since he was giving an opinion about me. again, leons #1 rule. so , dude runs and tells leon that im harrassing him and that i inserted his name. leon tells me not to post his name again or ill be banned?!?! so...what do i do? i post his name again.

so ban comes into play. i dont even contact leon. after a few days, leon has gone back and read what all has transpired, calls and emails me that he understands what went down, that he has lifted the ban and even posts that he saw that his own #1 rule about fight club was being broken and that i was completely in the right. its there in a thread somewhere. he then even tells me what a whiny lil bitch the jason cheng guy is.

water under the bridge, i guess.

so now we get to the good sh**...

a few weeks ago i get this barrage of emails and pms from leon and his friend from ohio* (small, but key clue here)

these emails were over the course of a few days where i was off the grid. so i open these messages and each one is getting more aggressive than the next and they are filled w claims that are too numerous and absurd to write out. but one that i will quote "send me back my card or i will publicly out you". and then theres also a few directly from leon telling me (w/o even hearing my reaction) that he's been a friend of this guy for 15 years, that he believes him and that i should handle this matter quickly and quietly!

not sure how you would feel, but da** right im pissed! that is a direct shot to my personal character for two reasons:

1. that i would even do something like that.
2. that i'd be that big of a dumbass to go posting a pic of a stolen card.

again, as a refresher, i just had a few deals w leon that probably got close to the five figure range and that all went as smooth as possible. paid exactly when i said i would and think i even let him use my fedex acct a time or two.

anyways, on to the good part...so after reading these emails/pms i send leons friend a reply stating something along the lines of but a more mature version of "i dont know what the fuck youre talking about, but you need to settle down. you are throwing some serious accusations out here and i suggest that you calm down, act like a gentleman and give me your telephone number so we can talk directly". again, there was no cussing in that reply. so i call the gentleman (and he's a good dude btw) we talk about the card. he said he sold it 4-5 years ago and that he sent it via plain white envelope no tracking, that whoever he sold it to claimed it never showed and that my name sounded familiar*

*ahhh, my name is bob evans. of course that name sounded familiar. there's a bob evans restaurant on every fucking corner in ohio. if i had a nickel for everytime i got that, i wouldnt have to steal shit! bazinga.

anyone that knows or has sold to me knows i keep great documentation. logged into psa site, invoices w rubberbands around the holder in storage, the whole nine yards. so im traveling down i-95, pull over and log into the site so i can give leon's friend the name and date of who i bought the card from (but key fact here as well: i havent even seen a scan of this guys card, his was raw. mines graded and i havent even seen so much as a comparison scan to see if it IS EVEN THE SAME EXACT CARD. im taking this guys word for it during all of this)

so i give him the name and leon's friend states "that name does ring a bell". i give him the day i bought it and he says "nah, this was a year or two before this" and then we proceed to shoot the shit a lil more as we both were competitive golfers back in the day. again, golfers. one of the only sports that you can call a penalty on yourself. and i have done that. i dont do "gimmies" or break out the ol foot wedge either.

anyways, at the end of this convo leons friend humbly apologizes and even states that he had a few totties when he saw the card online. and as from someone that has had shit stolen from him and a partaker (see what i did there) in totties, i fully accepted and understood the guy was pissed when he saw it. who wouldnt be? and again, after talking w him on other golf stories and such...the guy really is one of the good ones and i enjoyed our conversation.

as for leons part, im gonna be the bigger man and not delve into his background w stolen property but you would think that someone w that type of previous history would be a lil more empathetic, at least hear their side of the story and tell the other party that "ive had several deals w bob as well, i dont think he'd do that" versus telling me that "i believe him and that you should handle it quickly and quietly". and before you even try to say i wasnt implying anything, shut your fucking mouth. thats exactly what you were saying!

not only that, i left several messages and even hints that i was pissed. (insert posts/tag lines). plus, considering i was hit w the "or ill publicly out you" threat, i went under the golf section and started my own thread bc i knew this was bs. note that not even leon would reply or respond to it in any fashion.

the sick thing here, is you knew all of this was coming and you attempting to use the "cat" thread to quiet me under the guide of being such an animal lover is grossly absurd. you yourself have repeatedly told me you love my sense of humor. in fact you told me this when asking me to come back after you first banned me on the jason cheng debacle.

but its quite funny that you failed to mention any of this prior to jesse asking you about it. and you CLEARLY got the antagonistic hints that were being dropped all over the place. and then moments after the "did you accuse bob..blah, blah, blah" you lock down the thread. do you really think the masses are that stoopid (humor) to not see what really went down here. lets face it, your #1 goal here is to protect yourself and the n54 asset. period. same reason you are letting so many OT topic on the main board. pre-war is dying. face it. you want the numbers up so it keeps your asset valuable.

but, please quit your trojan horse attempts at fiefdom and get to the real issues here... if you were in such an uproar, disgusted or disturbed, ya woulda removed the op pic or the thread in its entirety instantly! instead of trying to use it to guise the real issues and then lock it down as soon as the tide started to change. again, people arent as dumb as you think they are.

fact of the matter is, i dont want to be let back to your site. you sir, are what's wrong w the hobby today and in every way. the only reason you locked down that thread is bc it could certainly revamp your true history on dealings w stolen property and ya certainly want that possibility to go away (wait for it)....."quickly and quietly"! hilarious.

note: have not even reached out to leon or returned his call/email. ive got no use for that guy. i dont want the ban lifted. he is everything that is wrong w the hobby today."

Last edited by Leon; 08-23-2016 at 09:59 PM. Reason: took out some cussing..
Old 08-23-2016, 09:51 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

That is fine, Jesse. I don't need the drama anymore though. That is not why folks come here, I hope. I wish Bob the best...

Last edited by Leon; 08-23-2016 at 10:07 PM. Reason: wrong name
Old 08-23-2016, 10:47 PM
Bill O

Dang!!! After all that?
Cheers to Leon. Moderater extraordinaire!
Calm and Coool
Old 08-24-2016, 12:26 AM

Good riddance this moron is banned! He was also banned from collectors universe forums as Bob mentioned in a thread in net54 when he first joined that he was banned from collectors universe forums. Clearly this guy is great at getting banned!

Last edited by Jdoggs; 08-24-2016 at 01:04 AM.
Old 08-24-2016, 01:44 AM
Dave Foster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdoggs View Post
Good riddance this moron is banned! He was also banned from collectors universe forums as Bob mentioned in a thread in net54 when he first joined that he was banned from collectors universe forums. Clearly this guy is great at getting banned!
+1 (Clearly this guy is great at getting banned!) We all have to be good at something. "Good Riddance" sez it all!
Old 08-24-2016, 02:53 AM
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by pclpads View Post
+1 (Clearly this guy is great at getting banned!) We all have to be good at something. "Good Riddance" sez it all!
What he said......................
Old 08-24-2016, 06:20 AM
Tom Boblitt

I just couldn't make it all the way through the whole thing. I've wasted too much time on the other threads. It's like a train wreck. While I think Bob was baited quite a bit, he took the bait. And the whole cat thing was just bizarre. Regardless, another tiresome week or two for Leon dealing with all this. Thank God the nonsports side of things is a little tamer.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:06 AM
J@son Du.nc@n

That is fine, Jesse. I don't need the drama anymore though. That is not why folks come here, I hope. I wish Bob the best...

+1
Old 08-24-2016, 07:11 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

I'm confused

Why didn't Bob just post this himself? Did he get banned again?
Old 08-24-2016, 07:27 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
I'm confused

Yes. Once he started deleting his old posts, and messing up countless threads I made it where he couldn't do that anymore. Just as I have in the past and will do again. Except instead of banning him as the others were in the past, I made a new user group, just for him, where he couldn't edit (delete) his posts but still post. In doing so it accidentally put him into a post "moderation" queue, which wasn't meant to be done but it was. So he posted but it didn't get posted. Then he went berserk in an email to me and another member with what was posted. I decided I had had enough so now he is gone. It just doesn't show him banned but his user group has no access to the board. I had no dog in any of his fights and he seems kind of angry, in general, to me. That is the story.....I never wanted any of his crap but when I awake to emails, from good members, about how disgusting of a post he did.....it wasn't a fun morning to start with. The whole Nicklaus card debacle should have never been made public. It was a private matter, no one accused him of stealing a card, and he again got all dramatic about it. But this is about as much writing and wasting time on him as I want to do. He is better off somewhere else, imo.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:49 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Thanks for the clarification, Leon. I thought that was the case, but I didn't see "Banned" under his username as before.

I'm not sure why one would delete their posts?

The only reason I can think of is if they had something to hide?
Old 08-24-2016, 09:01 AM
Al Richter

Default Deletions

There is a post war thread where Bob and Peter S were having a...debate. Now it just looks like Peter is shouting out to whoever might be listening
Old 08-24-2016, 11:21 AM
Dan Bretta

Another member years ago was going back and deleting all of his posts too, and really for no good reason, they were not controversial, they were informational posts. The archives of this group are invaluable and should not be tampered with.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:29 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Another member years ago was going back and deleting all of his posts too, and really for no good reason, they were not controversial, they were informational posts. The archives of this group are invaluable and should not be tampered with.
I 100% agree with this.^^^ It is the reason I asked Bob why he was deleting his posts. He had some great information on high end fake slabs and cards. I collect at the opposite end of the spectrum but like to learn as much as possible on detecting fraud in our hobby. I wish him well and happy collecting.
Old 08-24-2016, 12:19 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Rip begus
Old 08-24-2016, 01:00 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:

I'm not sure why one would delete their posts?

The only reason I can think of is if they had something to hide?
Go to the Babe Ruth glove discussion. Goldin was auctioning a glove they 'claimed' was used by Ruth in school. One or two of the members were very vocal in stating that it was not the glove. Some of their posts were deleted supposedly after a cease and desist from some 'ahem' attorneys. I stated is was not the same glove as shown in the photos and never heard squat.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”
Old 08-24-2016, 02:20 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
Go to the Babe Ruth glove discussion. Goldin was auctioning a glove they 'claimed' was used by Ruth in school. One or two of the members were very vocal in stating that it was not the glove. Some of their posts were deleted supposedly after a cease and desist from some 'ahem' attorneys. I stated is was not the same glove as shown in the photos and never heard squat.
Not to take the attention away from Jesse's and Bob's moment but there was at least one C & D letter sent to someone who removed their posts. I saw the letter he was sent and even posted the email which introduced that letter. I too bashed Goldin on that thread and was never contacted but I chalk that up to my not posting anything as damning as the content the other two people to whom you refer.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:11 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
I'm confused

+1 big time.....I'm with you David and absolutely totally confused ... Has he been reinstated or not? I thought he had been. I tried to read Jesse's post, but I could have read War and Peace quicker.....
Old 08-24-2016, 04:20 PM
Dave_Berg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
+1 big time.....I'm with you David and absolutely totally confused ... Has he been reinstated or not? I thought he had been. I tried to read Jesse's post, but I could have read War and Peace quicker.....
Cliff's Notes version- Bob is gone
Old 08-24-2016, 04:39 PM
Derek Granger

Bob's autographed HOF rookie collection is out of this world.

To keep this thread sorta on topic, I thought I'd share a card I look at every time another member is banned...a little Ralph Macchio (aka Karate kid) action - HAI-YA:

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)
Old 08-24-2016, 08:05 PM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oya311 View Post
Bob's autographed HOF rookie collection is out of this world.

I didn't get to see any of it .
Old 08-25-2016, 05:17 AM
Derek Granger

Default Too bad....

It was in this thread...silly to have been edited / deleted by Bob before being banned. Kills his credibility and likability. Oh well.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=208982

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)
Old 08-25-2016, 08:59 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oya311 View Post
It was in this thread...silly to have been edited / deleted by Bob before being banned. Kills his credibility and likability. Oh well.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=208982
+1...Kinda like a spoiled brat grabbing his football and going home cause he got tackled.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:14 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
+1...Kinda like a spoiled brat grabbing his football and going home cause he got tackled.
Regardless of anything else it is not in good form to talk about someone when they can't respond (not only directed at you but everyone). This thread will be on the front page for a few more days so there is no one trying to hide what Bob thinks. He is entitled to his opinion just like everyone else. That being said it will be locked and will subside into board archives. I wish for peace and happiness in collecting and on this board.