NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2016, 03:44 PM
J@son Du.nc@n

Default OT/My daughter's update-Thanks

Hey all,

I just wanted to send an update on my daughter Mykal. I received much prayer on my family's behalf from this forum and would just like to update some of you. In case you didn't know Mykal my oldest child suffered a sudden cardiac arrest on May 23, 2013 at a KC Royals game. The short of it is that she was miraculously brought back 100% after being dead for 10 minutes. CPR played a major role and while her 5% odds of survival was a miracle, her recovery was even more astounding. We were told a few months after her episode that brain damage would have happened seconds after loss of oxygen and that we would need a full neuro workup on her brain. She did show some memory issues and delayed response issues at that time which is common with a survivor of SCA. The first year was really rough financially and emotionally. Year 2 was a very big stride in a positive direction and we are blessed and humbled. Mykal has taken to music and has incredible abilities. She was blessed to open for a couple of music stars last year as well as sing a song she had written on the Grand Ole Opry. Now fast forward 2.5 years later....almost 3, she had her 2 year post neuro work up before she graduates high school this spring. We had all day of testing where he gave here the standard IQ test amongst other tests. Her IQ came back a 132 which the DR. said she can actually qualify for MENSA. She also scored a 27 on her ACT and super high in math and visualization. I type this not to brag on my daughter, but to say a sincere thank you to all that prayed and took the journey with us. Thanks. WHile I have long sold most of my collection off, it was nothing compared to having my child restored 100% then some. I will be posting some stuff soon on the BST to send her to Nashville this fall to Belmont University. Thank you all again for the prayers and thoughts.

Sincerely,

Jason