NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-21-2008, 11:25 PM
Administrator

Default Q's for T-Rex on T206 Series Backs

Posted By: Craig W

Hi Ted,

You've done great work on your T206 "Elite Eleven" that I much admire and appreciate. I do have a few questions that maybe you (or others) could help answer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Scot Reader's paper, he identifies the following from your "Elite Eleven" as having Old Mill (black) backs:

Bill Dahlen - Portrait - Boston Doves
Bob Ganley - Fielding - Washington
Ed Karger - Batting - Cincinnati
George Mullin - Horizontal - Detroit

Question 1: Have any of the other seven from your "Elite Eleven" been found with Old Mill backs?

Scot also identifies the following as having Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint backs:

Mike Powers - Catching - Phil A's - Scot's 150 Only Series
Bob Ewing - Follow Thru - Cincinnati - Elite Eleven
Tom Jones - Follow Thru - StL Browns - Elite Eleven

Question 2: Have any of the other eight from the Scot's 150 Only Series or any of the other nine from your "Elite Eleven" been found with SC150 Fact649 OP backs?

Question 3: Have you ever investigated Scot's 350-460 Super Series or 350-460 Regular Series to see if any are extremely scarce with 460 (Amer Beaut, Broad Leaf, Sov) or 350-460 (Pied, SC) backs? (I think this would be a tremendous amount of work!)

Again, thank you for all your efforts in helping us get a better grasp on "The Monster"

Craig

Old 03-22-2008, 06:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Ted Zanidakis

Q1......Dahlen is known with an Old Mill back....Ganley, Karger, and Mullin are not (as yet)/

Q2......All 11 are found with Piedmont 150, Sweet Cap 150, Sovereign 150. Eight have been found with HINDU (Karger, Lundgren,
and Mullin have not).
Mike Powers is the only Subject from the "150-only" Series found with the Sweet Caporal 150 Fac. 649 Overprint.

Q3......I have conducted surveys on prior Threads for just about all the basic 15 T-brands (and some of the series variations) in
the T206 set.

Use the "Search" function, and with a little patience, you will find them.

The 6 Super Prints (350/460 Series) are surveyed. This survey revealed that none of them are found with Am. Beauty 460 backs.
Although, each of these 6 can be found with at least 22 different backs....incl. Cobb and Evers with Broad Leaf 460 backs.

TED Z

Old 03-22-2008, 08:29 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Scot Reader

Craig W.,

I just want to clarify that the checklist in my manuscript was one of theoretical possibilities. As such, the checklist includes all front/back combinations that I could not "rule out". All subjects from the 150/350 series are theoretically possible with black Old Mill; therefore, there is a spot in the checklist for every 150/350 subject with black Old Mill even though some may never be confirmed.

With regard to Sweet Cap 150/649, my confidence level is pretty high that Powers is the only 150-only subject that will be found with this back, and that the three dozen or so subjects identified in my manuscript as confirmed with this back are the only ones that exist in fact. My confidence arises from the fact that I have seen each of these 36-or-so subjects with Sweet Cap 150/649 on numerous occasions without having ever seen any other subject with this back type. Bill Brown also set out to acquire a "complete set" of Sweet Cap 150/649s and in the process never saw any other subject with this back.

Scot

Old 03-22-2008, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Craig W

Ted and Scot, Thank you for your answers and the tremendous amount of work you've both put into understanding the T206 Monster.

Best Regards,
Craig