NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-09-2005, 09:25 AM
Administrator

Default Question about ebay seller prewarsports

Posted By: Don Poley

I won an ebay auction from seller prewarsports on June 27. The auction was for a Ferguson Bakery Pennant of Buck Weaver (auction #5211687205).

Judging from feedback this seller seems reputable. However, I have not received my item yet (not as troubling) and the seller has not responded to numerous emails and I can't get through by phone.

If you have dealt with this seller before I appreciate your thoughts, or if you have better contact info that would be even better.

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Old 07-09-2005, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred

Rhys is completely reputable and reliable!!! I'm sure that there's a rational explanation for this.

Old 07-09-2005, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: J Levine

I also won an auction around that time and e-mailed Rhys. He responded and I got my winnings yesterday. The holiday makes things a little crazy. He is reliable and his brother is an active board member. I would not worry about it yet.

Joshua

Old 07-09-2005, 12:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh K.

I have won auctions from him in the past and again around the same time frame as you. I have also not received my card yet. It took a while the first time as well, but I ultimately rec'd my card. Rhys may take longer than expected to send the cards out, but you will get it.

Old 07-09-2005, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Daniel Bretta

I got something from him in the mail today. I also won an auction from him on his other ebay ID and thought he would ship them together, but I only got the one item. I think he may have started up a shop because the payments went to seperate addresses.

Old 07-09-2005, 12:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Darren J. Duet

Rhys is totally reliable--No Worries.

Old 07-09-2005, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: tbob

It'll get there. There was a previous post about Rhys a while back and I added to it because of a delay in my receipt of a card. The next card I won from him came in lightning time. He mentioned the reason for the previous delay, which was reasonable. I can attest to the fact he is reliable and it will get there.

Old 07-09-2005, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Don Poley

Judging from his past feedback I was not too worried, it just troubles me when communication isn't returned and it's going on two weeks after the auction. I figured this group would have dealt with him. Thanks all for the info. I'll post a picture of the Weaver pennant when it arrives. I'm not real into pennants or blankets but I thought the Weaver was pretty cool.

Old 07-09-2005, 05:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

Old 07-09-2005, 05:43 PM
Administrator

This is what I got from Rhys today. Anyone have any idea what park this is? The date on the photo is 1912 and it's an American league park.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Old 07-09-2005, 07:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Lyle

Fenway?

Old 07-09-2005, 07:39 PM
Administrator

It's not Fenway. Fenway had "Duffy's Cliff" which was an embankment that lined Left field.

It might be Hilltop Park, but I can't find any good photos of the left field line.

Old 07-09-2005, 07:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: dennis

league park cleveland would be my guess. based on the cover of the book "diamonds" .....great picture!

Old 07-09-2005, 08:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: pete ullman

i too won two auctions from him in mid june and i've received one of them but not the other. i was beginning to get a little concerned since i WANT MY HOME RUN KISSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-09-2005, 10:15 PM
Administrator

If it is League Park then it would have to be pre-1910. In 1910 they added a second deck. Looking over the leftfield wall it certainly resembles other photos I've seen of Cleveland so that's a possibility.

Old 07-09-2005, 10:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Pete, I don't care how many HRs you hit, you'll be getting no kisses from me.

Jay

My place is full of valuable, worthless junk.

Old 07-09-2005, 10:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Greg Martin

I've bought a few cards from him, including an uncatalogued Cuban Ruth that was one of those I wanted in my hand quickly. I had to wait a short while but received them safely. He's a good seller.

Old 07-09-2005, 11:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

Dan,

I also believe it is League Park in Cleveland. The bleachers and seats down the 3rd line still stand and they look like them. I was there last summer, crappy neighborhood but it sounds like they are planning on fixing up the area.

Lee

Old 07-10-2005, 09:58 AM
Administrator

I think you guys are right. I think it is League Park. The only thing is someone wrote on the back 1912 American league park. It has to be before 1910 though because of the bleachers.

Old 07-10-2005, 09:59 AM
Administrator

Posted By: J Levine

If I recall, League Park in Cleveland had an overhang all the way around the grandstand, from foul pole to foul pole. This one stops before it gets to the outfield...if you could blow up some of the adds on the wall, that might help.

Joshua

It bears a passing resembalance to Baker Bowl which did have adds on the outfiled walls...could also be Hilltop park of the Yanks.